karislovesyeww
Hunter695

abortion should be banned

Hunter695

karislovesyeww

Pro

abortion should be banned because abortion is murder and taking away an unborn child's chance at life.
Hunter695

Con

I get where you are coming from, but i think that while the fetus is just a ball of cells the mom should be able to have a say in whether or not she has to give birth to this child. What about in cases of rape or if one or both people will most likely die in child birth. Or what if a 14yr old gets raped and will most likely not make it through child birth, also she shouldn't have to deal with the disapproving stares of strangers when her pregnancy is far along.
karislovesyeww

Pro

i also agree with you on terms of the mothers life being at stake. But other circumstances such as rape. its not the childs fault its the person who did it to hers fault not that baby's. That baby is innocent and has the right to at least live a life even if its put up for adoption so its not there to be a constant reminder to the mother and it can be a closed adoption.
Hunter695

Con

I think that the mother shouldn't have to have a child if she doesn't want to, if we don't allow legal safe abortions people will find other means of aborting an unwanted child, if they are motivated enough. I think of it almost as a punishment to force a women that has been raped to now carry her rapist's child.
karislovesyeww

Pro

i think that the child is innocent and should not have to be punished for what that man did. I know this would be hard for some women to do but killing an innocent child is wrong. Yes they may try to find other means and unsafe ways to abort a baby but it would be harder to do so but the amount of abortion rates would go down. Also i beleive they could just alter the law and make it so girls wont use it as if it was birth control a way to rid themselves of the responsibility of taking care of a child
Hunter695

Con

I don't see it as the child being punished and really when the pregnancy is really early on you can't even call it human yet because it is just a ball of cells. Yeah you are right that the abortion rate would go down, but population rates would go up and i think we already have an overpopulation problem. I think that if people started educating their kids sooner about sex and pregnancy or they made them carry around a realistic crying baby to teach them how hard it is to take care of a child, then abortion wouldn't be so much of a problem because less people would be getting pregnant. Also if they made condoms easily accessible in high school then that might help as well.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
karislovesyewwHunter695Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't so much of a debate as an opinion battle, No sources, or arguing really. I agree with con, and pro didn't even attempt to change my mind in the least. I have always thought to myself "is there one person in the world that probably should have an abortion" and the answer is yes. There are crack addicts and irresponsible people who cant even take care of a fetus. The fetus wont become a baby and wont suffer after a quick cell extraction. That being said I wouldent want a healthy person giving one up for selfish reasons. Its a consequence of actions most times and should be dealt with properly; adoption is an option. This coming from a woman who was devastated by a miscarriage.