DuhTruth
dannyc

abortion should be legal up to the first trimester

dannyc

DuhTruth

Pro

I will debate anyone who believes abortion should be completely illegal.
I want a opinion based debate but if you do need to use sources for FACTS then I'd rather not have to read through a ton of sites so please try to keep sources to a minimum and they must be reliable as in not .com or wikkapidia.

My argument is abortion should be legal up to 3 months.
If you disagree post why and I'll tell you why I disagree with your opinion and vise versa.
Comment if I forget to address one of your point
dannyc

Con

DuhTruth

Pro

Abortion should always be an option.
tay-sachs disease
Rape
midgets
incest
young teenage girls with a bad home lives
young teenage girls that could be killed of injured
mothered or fathered by someone with aids or other illnesses
Abortion has to be an option. It is irresponsible to ignore any of the above reasons.
dannyc

Con

This is not an argument, it is not even properly written. Pro has not only given no reason to agree with him, but he has also treated this serious topic with a lack of respect.
DuhTruth

Pro

Every thing I say is most serious. Again I say abortion should not be completely illegalized. Abortion needs to stay an option because of the reasons I listed above. I don't know why my opponent has already given up but my opinion stands. Illegalizing abortion would be a rash, irresponsible move. Once one has been 3 months pregnant I believe it is too late to abort but again I say it must be an option.
dannyc

Con

My opponent has not made an argument. He has listed words. I am not arguing against anything. He doesn't get to simply spam random words and then expect my to piece together his argument like a jigsaw.

The proposition. "abortion should be legal up to the first trimester"

His argument is just singular words with no context. Midgets? What? What about rape? Is rape a reason for abortion legalisation? Why? Why the first trimester? No argument. I have written more than he has about this on this debate.

DuhTruth

Pro

Abortion should be legal in the first trimester of pregnancy because post 3 months some children are able to live outside the womb thus can be considered unnecessary inhumanity to abort.
Tay-sachs is a prebirth testable disease that is when the child is incapable of breaking down fats in his/her brain causing death before the child is 5 and retardation earlier than3.
If abortion was illegal than that parent would have to to watch her baby die over the coarse of 5 years instead of just quick, painless
dannyc

Con

My opponent forgets about post-birth lack of treatment for cases as tay-sachs. My opponent has not given solid foundations for his arguments, so quickly, I will write this.

In his given cases, he gives fringe examples, but doesn't give any reason to justify complete legalisation or why 3 months, over say 4 months. I can say for all his cases 'Let's allow an 'emergency' abortion', but that still doesn't meet the criterion for his B.O.P, that is 'all abortion'. He failed to meet his B.O.P.
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
"My opponent forgets about post-birth lack of treatment for cases as tay-sachs. "
no, i just gave one example of why it should not be illigal
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
agreed... I will list my opinion and one argument that supports it for the last round
Posted by dannyc 3 years ago
dannyc
It is disliked when someone 'shotguns' points, it is easier to make arguments than refute, and when you list off almost 10 individual arguments, and expect someone to respond to all of them in 150 words or less, you can see how unfair that is.
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
sorry about all the resons mached with the lack of words... Again I say this is my second debate and I am still figuring it out however every single one of my points are resons why abortion should not become illigal and i put the trimester on there just because any longer and the child becomes capable of living on its own.
Posted by dannyc 3 years ago
dannyc
My opponent not only can't form a sentence but has decided to shotgun 7 points and expects my to deal with each one, in like 150 words.
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
Daily_Don, please go online and read about tay-sachs disease and then rethink your opinion
Posted by Daily_Don 3 years ago
Daily_Don
It's wrong because there is never a time when the killing of an innocent person is justified.

We all come into existence as we are fundamentally comprised at the moment the male sex cell meets and combines its DNA with the female sex cell. Before that, nobody can reasonably argue that any sex cell is any kind of organism, for it is a half-complete cell, which is even less than that of any other cell in the body.

Based on that fact, anyone can surmise that if you, I, or anyone had died any time after the union of the two sex cells who's union created us, we would not be any less dead nor any more recoverable than if we died today.

The sole difference between a newly conceived person and a born person is that a born person is developed further along, and therefore has developed all of the necessary organs and structures for survival outside of the womb, whereas the newly conceived person has not.

As a person who was, at one time, existent in such a developmental stage, I can say in my full right mind, that I wanted to live then, and I still want to live now irrespective of how my mother may or may not have felt about my survival.
Posted by Daily_Don 3 years ago
Daily_Don
You should have argued anyway. His mind might not work like yours. Perhaps he needs provocation to be able to debate more clearly, and he was waiting for you to provide it.
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
You just gave up? That's pathetic. Your not going to argue even one of my points? Ok so i don't know the 'proper' style but you shouldn't use that as an excuse to get out of the debate. Every one of my points are valid. Be mature about it or forfit please.
Posted by DuhTruth 3 years ago
DuhTruth
sure whatever... ive done this once so just do whatever
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 3 years ago
Cold-Mind
DuhTruthdannycTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should have made arguments in form of statements. I know what he meant by those words he listed, but listing words in not enough. Con is not mandatory to decifer what Pro meant.