General_of_Gods_army
Nik

abortion

Con Tied Pro

General_of_Gods_army

Con

I believe that abortion should not be legal one bit I don't believe that murder is right at all, but if abortion is legal why don't they legalize killing people. God has a plan for everyone and when you have a abortion you are going against God......... You think you can prove me wrong try
Nik

Pro

Abortion is a sensitive topic for billions of people around the world and to pose an argument in support of it is to bring upon you the scorn and disapproval of many. The issue of abortion is especially sensitive among those whose religion speaks against it, and why not? let us not shirk from the facts, abortion is murder of sorts, the killing of an unborn child, the extinguishing of a perhaps bright and promising future with a few simple drugs. A life put out as quickly and as painfully as blowing out a candle. Abortion can in no ways possible be argued to be a pleasant and enjoyable experience. What the religions say is clear cut, abortion is against god/gods/great ancestors will, and i cannot argue against this, and nor do I want to, nor is it possible for me too. And it is also very true that many people who do not follow a faith also are strongly against abortion, and I would just like to point out that neither do I find It a pleasing nor happy concept that abortion is legal, BUT I do strongly, wholeheartedly understand that it is a completely necessary process, just as was world war I and II, horrific, dreadful, but necessary to protect the world as we know it.

And please excuse my perhaps crude comparison but that is exactly the reason why abortion should and will remain legal, it is a process of protecting the planet, because what is the planets most important concern? Not global warming, but over-population.

The world is vastly over populated. Global warming, disease, war, is all derived from overpopulation. Contraception, education, and abortion are all methods of curbing the disastrous increase of human population. Again forgive my terrible analogy but we humans are like an infestation of rats on this beautiful planet, except in our case there is no exterminator. Nobody likes being told this and even less will accept it, but stop bloody ignoring it, because it's the truth.

The fact that this planet has continued to sustain us humans as long as we have existed in our diabolical number, is a miracle in itself, far greater, than Moses splitting the red sea, or Jesus turning bread to flesh and water to wine.

Agreed abortion is but one of the ways to curb the overpopulation of the planet, but it is still a way, a way that that would help millions of impoverished women to ease the strain on themselves and their families, already beset by poverty and in many cases starvation. By having a further child they are putting further strain on their family, and in many cases the new born child will not live to adulthood. Many charities these days are forever preaching to us more privileged ( the fact that whoever reads this has access to a computer, internet cafe or not, makes us privileged) that we must fight against children in poverty and give them a chance to survive and grow up and lead a better life. I am all for this, I have donated many times to children charities and recognise it as a heroic and worthwhile cause. But is it not fair to say that so many more children could benefit far more if, (dare I say it) there were less of them? Hard as it may seem to accept, this is a case where the unborn, unconscious child, has to be murdered so to help the survival of his born conscious living breathing siblings, who would otherwise would be murdered through war, starvation, and disease. And to whomever thinks that the birth of more siblings would not make a difference, to the rest of their families lives, I say, wake up.

Simple abortion is a cruel and cold way of helping this planet, but it is a way, we must not forget that while we sit comfortably at our warm homes drinking cold beer while typing away on our laptops (me anyway) That millions people women, men and children could benefit from abortion. And I know the question all you readers are asking right now, is even though it is legal, why are these people still suffering? The answer is two reasons. The first understandably is the mothers reluctance to kill her own child, the second is religion, both of which unfortunately I cannot argue against for I am neither a mother nor religious. But still does not undermine my view the potential that abortion could have to these millions of families.

Let us not think about our own needs, our own beliefs, or what we would want for ourselves and our children. But let us think what would help others instead.
General_of_Gods_army

Con

Ok I see what your saying that this earth is being over populated but it is still wrong

One reason is that we do not own are bodies God does
two God has a plan for that child for instants I read this cartoon and this man was looking at God and he asked God why haven't you sent someone to cure Aids and God said " I have you just killed them in abortion" we have so many problems, diseases, and ect. in this world what if we killed that person who could of fixed it by abortion
Nik

Pro

No offence my dear opponent, but christians constantly block the progress of science in the direction of curing diseases and afflictions. The comic would be more accurate if in your comic god had said, "I have, its called stem cell research"

I stick with my previous argument.
General_of_Gods_army

Con

General_of_Gods_army forfeited this round.
Nik

Pro

I wont argue further, to allow the readers to decide the best debater based on an even amount of arguments posted.

Thanks for reading this far.
Posted by FemaleGamer 7 years ago
FemaleGamer
If abortion is illegalized, I am moving to sweden.
Posted by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
RFV

I agree with CON. I hold abortion to be ethically, and morally wrong. (In most cases) But he simply did not do much to attack the PRO's case. Even though I agree with CON, I must give points to PRO.
Posted by Nik 7 years ago
Nik
True, it was also completely irrelevant to the debate topic, I appologise for my second argument.
Posted by XimenBao 7 years ago
XimenBao
I thought pro's second argument was not supported, but since con did not respond to rebut and had not addressed the overpopulation argument, it was an easy decision.
Posted by Nik 7 years ago
Nik
Fine, fair enough, its your choice what to do with your body and your health. So why am I not allowed to go over to my neighbour and crack his skull open with a pick axe? becuase it may be my decion and my choice, but its affecting other people at the same time, so it realy should not be my choice, same with abortion.
Posted by zoundmind 7 years ago
zoundmind
If it was my child or let me rephrase.
If I was the one giving birth it ,should be my place to decide and no one else,seeing its my body ,my metamorphosis,and my health .
If it is wrong to your god to abort ,then let your god be the judge of that ,not man.
I am pro life but also pro choice.
legalize consentual freedom!
Posted by Nik 7 years ago
Nik
wait a minute......how many other people did you send this debate topic to? Lol! I thought I was special!
Posted by Nik 7 years ago
Nik
Good topic! Id like to thank the general of gods army (a very big army) for inviting me to take place in this debate, and may the best debater win. Considering that he is religious man and I am not, I will not base my argument on religious terms (becuase then I would be doomed to lose).
Vote Placed by FemaleGamer 7 years ago
FemaleGamer
General_of_Gods_armyNikTied
Vote Placed by dragonfire1414 7 years ago
dragonfire1414
General_of_Gods_armyNikTied
Vote Placed by Xie-Xijivuli 7 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
General_of_Gods_armyNikTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
General_of_Gods_armyNikTied
Vote Placed by XimenBao 7 years ago
XimenBao
General_of_Gods_armyNikTied