alexa0
NiqashMotawadi3

abortion

NiqashMotawadi3

alexa0

Con

Who ever got an abortion or is for abortion should deserve to get killed the same way they kill the poor inocennt babies I have no regert saying what I just said. (:
NiqashMotawadi3

Pro

I thank alexa0for this important and interesting topic, and I'm going to just use this round as an acceptance round, whereby I will propose my side of the argument. I take it that he is against abortion in all cases, because he argues in his opening statement that anyone who does abortion should be killed without giving any clarifications or exceptions. My position on the matter, therefore, is that abortion should be allowed under some conditions and in some situations... which I will be hopefully describing in round 2. I also disagree that people should be killed if they are "for abortion." Mainly, because I disagree with killing people based on their personal preferences, opinions or even thought crime. I'll be explaining this further in the next rounds.

I wish my opponent the best of luck!
alexa0

Con

Okay for all you people who are not clear I am debating that it should not be used so much as it is , but yes I would say under SOME major conditions it should be acceptable, but here's a true story , my sisters friend when she got pregnant her baby girl had a rare disease where she wasn't developed with a hard skull so she basicilly lived for 10 seconds. The point of that story is that yes she could of got an abortion from the begging because the condition was obvious in ultrasound , but she stuck by her baby and let it pass away when it was ready to she wanted god to take it on his time not at a scheduled time so I feel it shouldn't be a popular as it is , because people get an abortion because oh I'm not to mature for a baby well you were old enough to have sex , trust me your not gonna tell me about hard I'm 16 and got pregnant at 15 .
NiqashMotawadi3

Pro

I thank my opponent for his reply.

In his opening statement he states, "Who ever[sp] got an abortion or is for abortion should deserve to get killed the same way they kill the poor inocennt[sp] babies I have no regert[sp] saying what I just said." Since he didn't provide a clear resolution, I decided to argue against that by claiming that abortion should be allowed in some cases, and that pro-choice supporters should not be killed. My opponent then shifted the goal posts in round 2 and said that he is with abortion in "some major cases." Doesn't that contradict his sentence in the opening statement which says, "Who ever got an abortion or is for abortion should deserve to get killed...?" In addition to this, it seems that he willingly ignored the part about getting pro-choice supporters killed in this round.

Furthermore, my opponent says in the second round, "For all you people who are not clear I am debating that it[Abortion] should not be used so much as it is." Note that this resolution was neither mentioned in the title or the opening statement. My opponent seems to think that he can list what he is arguing in the second round, after his opponent accepted the debate based on the opening statement.

Even if my opponent believes that abortion should be allowed only in some major cases, there is still room for argument on whether abortion should be allowed in the early stages of pregnancy. I'm assuming he is against that, because that represents the majority of abortion cases[1].

A- Abortion should be allowed in the early stages of pregnancy

Aborting a fertilized egg is not the equivalent of killing a child, similarly to how breaking an egg is not the equivalent of killing a chicken. I'm with allowing the mother to perform abortion as long as the fetus is not conscious yet and the case satisfies one of those conditions:

A1- Rape

It doesn't make sense for a mother to raise the child of her rapist. She has the choice to keep it, but also she must have the choice to abort it when it still is a fertilized egg.

A2- Not ready for motherhood

If a girl had sex, this doesn't necessarily mean she is mature enough to raise kids. Having sex is a lot easier than taking care of a baby, and the girl could have performed unsafe sex because of her immaturity to begin with

A3- Not enough money

If the baby is going to starve or suffer from malnutrition because of dire economic conditions, then I don't see why the mother should keep the fertilized egg.

A4- Life conditions

If the mother or the baby are going to be killed because of traditional customs that condemn premarital sex in certain cultures and societies, then it is better for the mother to abort the fertilized egg and save herself and her future child from a horrific death.

B- Refutation of my opponent:

My opponent's argument is simply anecdotal evidence that supports his position.

B1- Contention 1: "...but she stuck by her baby and let it pass away when it was ready to she wanted god to take it on his time not at a scheduled time so I feel it shouldn't be a popular as it is..."

Not everyone believes in God and has that particular belief. As his sister's friend chose to follow her belief, why can't others choose to follow their beliefs? To make this argument, my opponent has to prove that God exists, and not just that, but that this particular God wants fetuses to have a natural death.

B2- Contention 2: " I'm not to mature for a baby well you were old enough to have sex..."

Being old enough to have sex doesn't entail being ready for motherhood. This is a non-sequitur logical fallacy which I dealt with above in A2.

In summary, my opponent has failed to explain clearly what he is arguing against and shifted goal posts in Round 2. I tried to understand his position which changed in Round 2, and argued against it by saying that abortion should not just be allowed in some major situations, but also in the early stages of pregnancy under certain conditions I listed.

[1] cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6108a1.htm
alexa0

Con

I'm a girl :o and for a2 a3 and a4 they could choose adoption ? Sorry this is my frist time on this so don't get your panties in a bunch because I messed up :b I even said I had a baby ? I don't think a guy could have one of those , anyways I'm talking about the abortion cases where they got pregnant and just aborted it because they didn't want the responsibility , excuses are like buttholes everyone has one . I especially don't think they should be available over 9 weeks unless medically necessary or insest and rape.
NiqashMotawadi3

Pro

I thank my opponent for her* reply.

According to her profile, her gender is male. That's why I referred to her as a male. And I didn't understand that she got pregnant at 15 from her previous round. Anyhow, my opponent has not presented any argument supporting her position, and only raised one obection to A2, A3 and A4. She claims that the girls could get an adoption, but that doesn't solve the issue. A girl who is not ready for motherhood would be attached to the baby if she gave birth to it, even though she is not ready to raise it. Giving your baby out is not an easy thing, but aborting the fertilized egg before it becomes a baby is much easier. Moreover, a girl in dire economic conditions might not even afford to be pregnant, so it doesn't make sense for her to give birth and then give the child away because she is too poor to support it. Finally, a mother in a culture that punishes for premarital sex would be really stupid if she allowed everyone to see her pregnant, because that would mean that she would be killed for her pregnancy.

My opponent then says, " I'm talking about the abortion cases where they got pregnant and just aborted it because they didn't want the responsibility." It seems to me that my opponent shifts goalposts in every round. I do agree that such abortion cases must not be permitted, but my opponent never made it clear in the previous rounds that she is arguing against those cases.

In summary, my opponent has not provided a clear resolution and argument and has shifted goal posts in the two rounds.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
CON: "Who ever got an abortion or is for abortion should deserve to get killed the same way they kill the poor inocennt babies I have no regert saying what I just said. (:"

CON: "Okay for all you people who are not clear I am debating that it should not be used so much as it is , but yes I would say under SOME major conditions it should be acceptable..."

Concession. Arguments PRO.
Posted by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
I accidentally posted a link in my last round. Sorry for that.
Posted by RyanR619 3 years ago
RyanR619
What exactly do you want to debate about? if abortion should be legal? or a debate on what the punishment should be for having an abortion?
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
Meh. If it's still open by the end of the challenge period I'll take it. But methinks you're not really looking for a debate, rather an excuse to flame.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
alexa0NiqashMotawadi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to PRO because CON tried to change her position halfway through the debate. Spelling and grammar go PRO for obvious reasons. PRO also gets arguments because he successfully addressed CON's points and because CON didn't meet her BOP.
Vote Placed by BrandonButterworth 3 years ago
BrandonButterworth
alexa0NiqashMotawadi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm completely against abortion, but I don't support CON's resolution that everyone who supports abortion should have their limbs torn off. Because of that, I said I agreed with Pro.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
alexa0NiqashMotawadi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: see comments.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
alexa0NiqashMotawadi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pros arguments were substantially better then cons arguments and pro displayed much better conduct during the debate as well. Im giving all points to the pro though to counter sweetbreeze's bullsh*t vote
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
alexa0NiqashMotawadi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Good for Con. :)