You never know what will happen to any child's life in a formidable family broken or other. That does not matter when deciding Wether to abort or not abort a child. The women made the choice to have unprotected sex the end. Should you spend your whole paycheck if you can't afford a medical bill to come up? Should you antagonize someone bigger than you in a fight. Should you miss work 3 days in a row and hope your boss. Ails you out and you can keep your job? Everything has consequences it doesn't matter if your ready or not it's not your choice once the baby is conceived it is alive and yours!

So in essence, I shall be arguing for abortion? I hope I don't bore you or anything, I'm merely only trying this debate website to be honest, I'm not a pro or anything...

Moving on, what you have claimed about "it's not your choice" I would like to state that, if you are able to conduct what you wish, if you have everything that is needed, then I am unsure what is stopping you from doing so. Currently, we all have a mind, and I do believe, that we can all make a choice.

Besides that, your statement, "The women made the choice to have unprotected sex the end" Well, in all honesty, that may not be true. First of all; "There is an average of 293,066 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year." ( ) . I doubt it was their choice to end up like that, I would quickly like to point that out.

When you stated, "Should you spend your whole paycheck if you can't afford a medical bill to come up?" Are you actually implying that the human race would be ever so... Stupid? The average IQ of the people in America is 90 - 100, I would say that I clearly doubt they would even make such a decision. Clearly, before anyone would make such a decision of under going abortion, they would clearly think about the cons and pros.

Nevertheless, I look forward with this debate with you.

Thank you for accepting my request snd thank you to your parents for choosing to keep you so that we can have this debate. To your point if incest or rape is in play then I am okay with having an abortion. I could not imagine living with that let alone being reminded of it. That being said those are my only pros. Up to what stage for you is it okay to have an abortion? The heart begins to beat and brain waves occurs in the 6th-9th week. Women know if they have missed there periods and if they have had unprotected sex they should be getting checked if something is off. If they catch it in the first month then so be it but beyond that to me it should not be there choice to abort a human being with a heart beat and brain waves. Things happen for a reason and baby's can have good lives coming from good or bad situations but it is there life and if we stop them from living it then what are we? A women recantly spoke about how at 17 she had an abortion at 7 months into her pregnancy. Then later in life she gave birth to a still baby at 7 months and said the baby was fully functioning when it came out. She has to live with that and she feels that every day because she knew her baby was alive and could have lived on its own outside the mother. If at 6 weeks it has a heart beat and brain waves is that not a sign of a living life? If we take that life are we not committing the ultimate crime? You tell me. People can choose to do as they please we will all have to talk to the big guy one day but for me it's pro life because it is not our choice once a baby has any sign of life. We all have to make hard decisions those that have chosen abortion have grown weaker because they feel that pain daily and those that have kept the baby and dealt with it may have struggled mightly but they have ultimately become stronger because of it no matter how it all turned out. Again at what point is it not the choice for you? Or can they have an abortion at any point before birth and leaving the mother? I pass the torch.

Right away, I would like to state that abortion is there for a reason. Currently, it shows that the majority of the votes here are pro abortion and they have every reason to support it. I believe what you fail to comprehend is while you continue on to praise about life and ect, humans aren't the only life on Earth.

"Things happen for a reason and baby's can have good lives coming from good or bad situations" I would like to ask some questions about what you have claimed. If say, a child was born, their father left the child, the mother is still a young adult who barely has time for the child, then how is that child going to have a good life? I am uncertain, especially if say that the parent(s) cannot take care of the child. So let me ask you, do you really want a child to be raised up by parents that aren't even there?

Truth be told, what if the parents of the child was actually having protected sex, but with the only problem being that the protection, let say, was broken or so. Would it really be their fault that, even though they clearly placed on protection, they were unaware that it was broken? Then wouldn't that lead up to the company that supplied the protection, would they have some part to play in with the child's birth? Would they take responsibility for producing broken protection? It would lead to one massive chain.

And on another hand, the baby would grow within the woman's stomach, then shouldn't she get a choice in what happens? Are you really denying the woman a choice of what happens to her own body? Shouldn't she have some consent, have a voice in the matter instead of you just saying that she has to keep the child?

"Many people regard the right to control one's own body as a key moral right. If women are not allowed to abort an unwanted foetus they are deprived of this right."

An interesting fact is . Laws against abortion do not stop abortion; they simply make it less safe. The number of women who get abortions does not change when it goes from being legal to illegal. The only thing that changes is more women die. Every year, 78,000 women die from unsafe abortions.

"The important US Supreme Court decision in Roe v Wade to some extent supported that view when it ruled that a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy came under the freedom of personal choice in family matters and was protected by the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution."

So are you really going to deny such a right? Every human being has the right to own their own body and a foetus is part of a woman's body, therefore that woman has the right to abort a foetus they are carrying.

Never forget that in our day and age, countries still send out men, humans out to fight and to die. So until a day where all war stops, that is when I believe you would have the right to say that we should stop abortion, mean whilst, I doubt you have the right to continue on praising life. Besides that point, when you said that; "To your point if incest or rape is in play then I am okay with having an abortion"

If I may say that you are supposed to be countering against abortion. With that statement, it's still abortion, and you even claimed that, "Things happen for a reason and baby's can have good lives coming from good or bad situations but it is there life and if we stop them from living it then what are we?" Abortion s abortion, it's the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks.

"People can choose to do as they please we will all have to talk to the big guy one day " An interesting fact is that not everyone in the world is religious and therefore, that may not be something that everyone believes. A far fetch topic is Gay Marriage, and this plays into this topic a bit when you have brought up religion. Religion seems to be one of the key facts that humanity cant move on; being from religion protesting against love (gay marriage), with religion halting woman rights and so on. So when you think about it, is it really all that good?

That is all I would like to state for now, sources that I have used are posted below.

So you are basically telling me at any point during pregnancy a woman has the choice because it is her womb and her body. I have given you two opportunities to give me a time frame as to when it is acceptable and you have not answered. I will assume that you believe a woman at 9 month's can pull the plug and that is okay. A living breathing fully functioning alive child. If a woman is a single woman and the father is not around that child can absolutely have a great life are you that blind? Ben Carson had a single mother who was illiterate living in the slums raise him and he became a world famous nuero surgeon. He is also running for President. So don't tell me a child can't have a good life coming into a broken family. The vast majority of people believe in some sort of God no matter what that religion is. If you don't believe in a god that is your choice. That being said you are ignorant again of the fact that at 6 weeks a child has brain waves and a faint heart beat. Would u kill a person on the street who had a faint heartbeat and brainwaves? Of course not IT IS ALIVE and the same damn thing! Condoms do break no doubt but that is why you have that first month to get checked if you miss your period. If you can't do that then that is a irresponsible decision. You know you have had sex you know you missed your period and you should get checked out so you don't have to make that difficult choice months later. I'm not denying that it is difficult and every situation is different but life is difficult. You can't run from life you have to embrace it and run with it, not kill it off when it's convenient and use " it's my body I can do what I want with it as an excuse. There is a body in your body that is attached but seperately functioning. You can put sources down all you want but at the end of the day the vast majority of woman wish they never had an abortion and it haunts them. It haunts them because they know they have had a living human killed inside them. It's not easy life's tough but you can't go around killing people because life Is tough. To me it is the same thing as killing someone on the street. That's how I feel. It should not be your right to take a life past 6 weeks it's Alive. Alive. Alive! Take the loss and move on. In your last argument please tell me since you believe it is a choice up to what point is it still a choice. 3 months, 6 months or up until the day it leaves the woman's body. If you had an abortion at 6 months yourself you are telling me that you did not end a life? That you should get a pass on that. Except for rape and incest? A child in a mother is an amazing thing and a human being. You have to eat and drink from conception to make sure your baby is healthy. Inside the womb it's a baby when it's born its a baby. You can feel however you want that is your choice. Cheers , i'm out.

"So you are basically telling me at any point during pregnancy a woman has the choice because it is her womb and her body." From that question/statement, I would like to say yes. Because not allowing abortion would also be claiming that you can't allow the woman to do as she pleases. Margaret Sanger said, "No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her own body." This concept is fundamental for women. Bearing a child alters a woman's life more than anything else. Other women's rights are hollow if women are forced to be mothers.

Also, to answer your question, I believe that the woman has the choice to decide whether to undergo abortion within the first 7 months. There is no correct answer where human life begins, it's mainly just a blurry line of what people claim. It is a matter of philosophic opinion or religious belief. Human life is a continuum---sperm and eggs are also alive, and represent potential human beings, but virtually all sperm and eggs are wasted. Also, two-thirds of human conceptions are spontaneously aborted by nature.

One of the most common arguments today against being Pro Choice is the fact that there is a strand of DNA in each cell of an embryo. This, as the argument says, clearly shows that human life begins at conception. The only problem with this argument is that there are DNA strands in many things. If someone exfoliates their skin, they are removing cells that have DNA in them. If the removal of a non-viable embryo is considered murder because there"s DNA in a cell, wouldn"t that logic also mean someone exfoliating would be a murder as well?

When you are talking about Ben Carson, may I ask if you have the statistics of children having such a good life from such a living state that they were brought up from? Surely, you must know that not every child will be blessed with such luck, if you may call it at that. Even some children with such supportment, including a family that wants them, and a house, would not be able to get that far.

Interesting and quick fact: Most people reject the position that abortion is always wrong. In fact, abortion often has positive benefits for women's lives and health. Many people believe that bringing an unwanted child into the world is a crime, and that forcing a woman to have a child against her will is morally wrong. Many who are opposed to abortion for religious or moral reasons believe that it is wrong to impose their values by civil law on everyone.

"You know you have had sex you know you missed your period and you should get checked out so you don't have to make that difficult choice months later. " The comment that you have stated implies that sex is bad and must be punished. Motherhood should never be punishment for having sex. Forcing a child to be born to punish its mother is the ultimate in child abuse. Anti-abortionists trivialize motherhood and childbirth by dismissing pregnancy as a mere inconvenience. They ignore or belittle the needs of the woman and the conflict she endures in making her decision. Guilt is inflicted when compassion is needed.

"It should not be your right to take a life past 6 weeks it's Alive. Alive. Alive! Take the loss and move on." So from your statement there, for taking the loss and to move on, are implying that having a child is a loss? And besides that, animals are all living and breathing, yet we slaughter them and eat them. Trees are alive, yet we cut them down and carve them. Yes, we humans value life so much.

When you praise about life so much, it's almost commercial to see that you're okay with taking away the so called "life" if it was caused by rape or incest. All I can repeat is that abortion is abortion and if you allow a woman who has been raped to get rid of a child, I believe that you should allow any woman to get rid of a fetus.

Nearly 9 in 10 abortions take place early in pregnancy. Eighty-eight percent of abortions are performed during the first trimester of pregnancy, and less than 2% are provided after 21 weeks.

Many religions support a woman's right to choose. Religions in support of a woman's right to choose include American Baptist Churches USA, Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church (USA), the United Church of Christ, the Unitarian Universalist Association, Conservative Judaism and Reform Judaism. Only 23% of U.S. Catholics believe that abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.

A "right to life" doesn't imply a right to use someone else"s body to sustain a life.

Women do not have a "responsibility" to have children, and certainly don"t assume such a responsibility by virtue of deciding to have sex.

Outlawing abortion is very dangerous, both for women and their children.

Adoption still requires women to carry a baby to term and then give birth, both of which are also inherently dangerous.
Abortions, on the other hand, are quite safe.

Banning abortion violates a woman"s right to control her own body.

23%. That"s the percentage of Catholics who believe that abortion should be illegal in all circumstances. Many protestant denominations support being Pro Choice.

2 out of 3 women who could become pregnant are actively using contraception to avoid becoming pregnant.

The number of women every year who have an abortion because of incest or rape: 14,000.

13% of pregnancy-related deaths worldwide are related to complications of unsafe abortion.

I believe that is all I have to say, I would say that it was a pleasure debating with you, but the fact that you continuously kept clinging onto the part about life, even when there are people out there dying in war, dying from murder, dying from fire accidents, dying from medical causes - well, I hope you get the jist. I will continue to doubt your claims about life, especially since so many people continue to die without anyone actually being able to stop it.
Vote Placed by sara_ann_dee 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides for conduct because they kept the debate formal, mature, and organized and were very respectful to each other. CON made many grammatical and spelling errors in his argument - PRO did not. PRO was the only side to cite a source/s - so that portion goes in favor of PRO's argument. PRO overall used much more facts and statistics to support his claim better than CON did. His layout for debating was better and his argument was not jumbled into a big paragraph like CON's. He persuaded me more towards his side.