orangejuicethug
ThatOneNerd00

abortion

orangejuicethug

orangejuicethug

Pro

abortion should be legal
ThatOneNerd00

Con

no its not good. think of all gods dead babies. plus they could go to other people who aren't able to have babies.
orangejuicethug

Pro

but what about rape? sometimes the child could be a bad reminder of what happened
ThatOneNerd00

Con

Like I said they could give the baby away. Its not that hard.
orangejuicethug

Pro

what about if they don't have enough money?????????????? abortions are common, if they were illegal women would still find ways to abort, so just make it legal.
ThatOneNerd00

Con

Well its unfair to the babies and the people having abortions can always have them because they are already legal. I just think it shouldn't be legal cause its sad and cruel.
Posted by CAHAL101 7 months ago
CAHAL101
i go with con on this one its wrong for that to happen if you want that dont bother having sex then
Posted by PossieTV 10 months ago
PossieTV
I agree with Sciguy completely. Both sides were just throwing assertions at them without backing them up with sources or even logic. Every argument should be able to take the form of a logical syllogism like so:

Premise one: A fetus is a human (of course you would have to prove this using a different syllogism)
Premise two: It is wrong to kill humans
Premise three: Abortion kills the fetus
Conclusion: Abortion is wrong.

What you were both doing looked a little something like this.

Conclusion: Abortion is wrong.

That is no way to prove a point.
Posted by Sciguy 10 months ago
Sciguy
RFD COMMENTS VOTE
SciGuy

Oh, what could I possibly say about this mockery of a debate? Possibly how awful it was.

To start with my decision. I do not believe pro or con will receive a vote from me at all, for the reasons that are they never proved their conduct to me and each round was them bringing up a claim with no proper rebuttal. Another reason for my vote is that neither had a single source to "prove" their opinion on why abortion should be legal or not legal at all, even a source from Wikipedia would have done you proper! For grammar as well as dialect I found it atrocious. Every while here and there both pro and con in one sentence- which every round was roughly one sentence- would capitalize their beginning word and then never put a coma or period and in the next would not do either, which was awful to begin with. With both of the debaters spewing a plethora of nonsense and opinions and not at all sharing factual evidence, neither one of them had a convincing argument, thus, neither will be receiving my vote.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 10 months ago
kkjnay
orangejuicethugThatOneNerd00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was really a poor debate. In the future both of you should look to provide more than one sentence a round and cite some sources.
Vote Placed by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 10 months ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
orangejuicethugThatOneNerd00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro explained a few practical reasons for an abortion to support the legal need for one. Right countered with a morality argument but failed to explain how an emotional reaction should overcome the legal standards set forth in RvW. The "give away babies" plan lacks sufficient explanation. No edge on conduct, spelling/grammar, and no sources provided.