Deplorable_Bastard
Gregg_Hyde

abortion

Gregg_Hyde has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Deplorable_Bastard

Con

Abortion is absolutely nonsense. It should not be legal under any circumstance and I look forward for a debate.
Gregg_Hyde

Pro

As somebody who believes in a free society as opposed to one where lives are dictated by the state I think abortion should be allowed but not enforced. Thereby it is essentially, as dictated by a free tolerant society, legal to have abortions by those medical practitioners who agree to perform them. It matters not that I personally disagree with abortions only that others do agree with them and are willing to comply to each other's desires and wants.
Deplorable_Bastard

Con

Abortion is murder. Murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. The fact that a fetus is a human being is undeniable. It isn't a different species or an alien race. It is a human being. If you plan to get an abortion, which is premeditated, then you are by definition committing murder.

It is by no reason just a "women's right to choose." Society thinks that abortion is only a women's right. That is false. The baby isn't just created in a woman's womb out of nothing. It is made from a father's sperm. He should have a say in whether or not his wife wants to murder their child. This child is given no rights despite the fact that it is a human. If it was the woman's choice, she would be the one dying and not the innocent child.
Posted by Deplorable_Bastard 1 year ago
Deplorable_Bastard
First off, if you chop off my hand that is called assault. Not murder, and it is very much illegal. Okay and second off, it is not that child's fault that the women got raped. It should not be punished for something it didn't do. I never said that the women has to raise it in her house. I have no idea where you got that false fact from. If the women doesn't want to give birth to it, thinking that killing it it the only option is absolutely nonsense. If she doesn't want to keep it around she can always put it up for adoption. Murdering another human because it's more convenient for someone doesn't make sense. No one is forcing you to raise the child. That is why there is a thing called adoption.
Posted by C.thome 1 year ago
C.thome
I see, then, based on your 'cells are living, therefore anything that has cells is living' argument, if I chop your hand off, would I be committing murder? Your hand is made out of cells, and each cell has genetic material in its nucleus! What if I accidentally scratched your arm and peeled a bit of tissue? Would that be murder too?

But I have to admit, yes, a fetus can be alive, but that is AFTER 14 weeks of gestation have ocurred. Scientists claim that a fetus is only alive when it gains the ability of surviving outside the body, which sets a practical, technological limit on defining when a sustainable human life begins. That limit may of course change. Having a functional genome, tissue layers, a notochord, a beating heart " none of these matter if the organism cannot survive where humans survive. That is why abortion is only allowed until the fetus isn't considered alive yet.

And you have only answered that point of my argument... which means, you, Con, think that a raped woman should have to be forced to upbring the child who is the product of her being raped? Because that wouldn't psychologically scar her for life, of course not! And she would definitely love her offsping very much, especially when she sees their face and it reminds her of the child's father.
Posted by Deplorable_Bastard 1 year ago
Deplorable_Bastard
a fetus is very much alive. A fetus is made of cells. Cells themselves are living (except hair cells). So you are wrong. A fetus is very much alive.
Posted by C.thome 1 year ago
C.thome
Besides, isn't the definition of birth: brining a creature to life? Which means that, in the mother's womb, technically, the fetus isn't alive yet. How can you kill something which isn't alive? And, in the countries which allow abortion, they only permit it in the first three months, when the fetus isn't fully formed. Again, how can you kill something which isn't alive?
Posted by C.thome 1 year ago
C.thome
How about if a woman has been raped and later on she discovers that her rapist has gotten her pregnant? Should she have to give birth to not only an unwanted child, but also her rapist's child? What if even if she doesn't mind (which I very, very much doubt) but she can't financially support the baby? Besides, zygotes aren't conscious, you cannot kill something with no mind, with no conscience. Following that rule of three, is masturbating in the shower also considered 'killing'? Because those sperms could have become a baby.
Posted by Wisecracker 1 year ago
Wisecracker
Whoops I said that wrong con said nothing pro said something
Posted by Wisecracker 1 year ago
Wisecracker
I enjoy arguments I really do. the pro literally stated opinion and nothing else. Greg already stated his opinion then went on to why. If you're going to start a debate make sure to state your position and reasoning. You need a thesis statement even in debates.

Good luck friends
Posted by Exigence 1 year ago
Exigence
Honestly, my position on this argument revolves around whether the baby is conscious while it's aborted. We have no way of knowing whether it's conscious or not, so I'd have to be against abortion just to be on the safe side. If you aren't going to be able raise the kid, maybe at least allow the birth then put it up for adoption?
Posted by thebeliever19 1 year ago
thebeliever19
I feel that a woman should be able to decide what to do with her body. Some reasons are very valid such as: What if its an accidental pregnancy because condoms only work like 97% of the time. What if the father is no longer in the picture and the mother can barely support herself much less a baby? The answer would be welfare but one who has the time to spend hours upon hours waiting in line for a welfare check(and possibly lose a job) and two who knows how long welfare will be around with everyone criticizing it left and right.
Posted by Gregg_Hyde 1 year ago
Gregg_Hyde
Under any circumstance? Okay I'm game.