kimmi
alexmiller887

abotion

alexmiller887

kimmi

Con

i would like to start this debate because a lot of people think abortion is ok but to us christian people and to god its not so if any one disagrees with me be my gest and dabate on this with me and lets see what you have got to say . first round in opinion , second round is fcats on abortion, third round is a recomp , forth round is were we see how much we learn from this debate lets see what anyone has to say.
alexmiller887

Pro

OK, so I agree to abide by the rules of this debate set by my opponent, and I will comply, but first-

Rebuttal

'but to us christian people'
I will tackle this in a later round, as my security software will not let me research this further.
'to god'
Assumptions needed
A being, or power that is known as 'God' exists.

Said being is omnipotent, omniscient etc.

Now if this being is omniscient, it is impossible to know the mind of 'God'.
Therefore, the statement made is illogical, and therfore untrue.

Opinon
It makes not the slightest shred of difference in this debate, but I am pro-choice for abortion, that means I am pro the woman having a choice to abort her baby.

Thank you, and I await your reply.
kimmi

Con

ABOTION in the eyes of god is hate you should never kill a creation of GOD i konw i would never kill my baby and neither should anyone else you need to love the baby or if you dont dont have kids ....
alexmiller887

Pro

Please spare me your outrage. I'm tired of hearing the same old argument trotted out again and again.

You said yourself that this round is for fcats [sic]. Plain, empirical facts.
You

'ABOTION in the eyes of god is hate you should never kill a creation of GOD i konw i would never kill my baby and neither should anyone else you need to love the baby or if you dont dont have kids .... '
I'm just going to dissect this and pull it apart.

'ABOTION in the eyes of god is hate'
As I said above, the mind of 'God' is unknowable.

'you should never kill a creation of GOD '
You need to prove a 'God' exists before this argument approaches anything like validity.

'i konw i would never kill my baby'
You really need to understand that not being born is not the same thing as killing, and that pretty well invalidates your whole argument for this round.

'neither should anyone else'
You can't just go marching in and say 'Right, I think that abortion is wrong, now you go and stop having them.'

'you need to love the baby'
Not disputing this, but this has no relevance to your argument

'or if you dont dont have kids ....'
You are now doing nothing more than rambling.

I challenge Con to now show why, in fact 'ABOTION in the eyes of god is hate'. And let's see if she can actually spell it right.
kimmi

Con

Abotion to people is different not everyone thinks abortion is good and some people think it is but to god it is not because you are killing something he made and put in the mother of the child and then the woman who doesn't want it and goes and kills it . When you think of GOD you probley think what that is a mith but its not God makes every baby that is born and there is less babys because woman think the best thing to do is abort that baby and its not the best thing to do when girl gets pregnet you have many options and most girls go for abotion but there is more then that you can put the baby up for adoption there are many couples who would love to adopt a baby .so ladies font think there is only one option you have many to choose from. thank yo
alexmiller887

Pro

Again, I will dissect my opponent's argument- in painstaking detail.

'Abotion to people is different not everyone thinks abortion is good and some people think it is'
Correct.
'but to god it is not because you are killing something he made and put in the mother of the child'
Again, you must first prove God exists for this argument to have any validity.
'and then the woman who doesn't want it and goes and kills it '
This is an unfair characterization, for the following reasons.
1. Either the woman chooses to have sexual intercourse unprotected with a man or
2. The woman cannot have protected sex, therefore she did not choose to have the baby, or
3. The woman cannot afford the baby.
4. Unrelated to the previous, that not being born is not the same as killing.

Is bringing a child into the world, who will have a life of suffering fair?

'When you think of GOD you probley think what that is a mith but its not God makes every baby that is born
You have now contradicted yourself. I quote from above in your round 3 argument 'you are killing something he made and put in the mother of the child'. Well, which is it? Does a God make babies, or does he not?

'less babys because woman think the best thing to do is abort that baby '
I see what you mean here, but this is irrelevant. I think the [1] 2000 babies born every day in the UK puts the lie to this.

'its not the best thing to do when girl gets pregnet you have many options and most girls go for abotion '
In fact, most 'girls' go and have the baby any way, and then the baby is brought up in poverty, turns to crime, votes UKIP etc etc.
'but there is more then that you can put the baby up for adoption there are many couples who would love to adopt a baby'
Well how about the third world countries, where most women have more than enough children to deal with.

'so ladies font think there is only one option you have many to choose from'
Not true. In fact, because of people like you who refuse to give access to abortion there is a growing rate of teenage births, and education about abortion.
You're welcome to take me up on my challenge to spell the subject matter right any time.

[1]http://www.express.co.uk...
kimmi

Con

thank you for debating this topic with me have a good life
alexmiller887

Pro

So, summing up my opponent's arguments.

1. You are killing something that god made.
I then replied to that by saying
a) You must first prove god exists.
b) The mind of god is unknowable.
c) Killing is not the same as not being born.

2. People will think that abortion is the only way to go.
I said that the very example of 2000 babies being born every day in the UK disproves that.

Therefore, my opponent has made only 2 arguments, both of which have been conclusively rebutted, and therefore, as she made no mention of BoP, she is Pro, therefore I automatically win the debate because none of her arguments stand. Thank you for voting, and please vote Con!.

(By the way, notice that my opponent went the whole debate without spelling abortion properly.)
Posted by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
aBOtion.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
kimmialexmiller887Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made no arguments and was trolling.