Gicki
SeattleSonics

about god

Gicki

Con

there is no god in the universe.people are just mad ,they are mentally disturbed so though what happens wrong they give up to god they dont think that is there fault
SeattleSonics

Pro

Let me first start of my saying I am a deist myself. I wish best luck to my opponent and hope this becomes a heated debate. Let me begin.

Now let's start off with the obvious; intelligent design. Now, whenever I look at the mountains, the stars, the oceans, the planets, I wonder why some would call all of this a miraculous mistake. In most atheists minds, they seem to believe that we came from nothing, and that is the most rational argument. This is absurd. I find it more intelligent to believe in a higher creator, someone who made us the way we are. If we were just a random explosion of light, why are we so perfect? Why are we made to live on Earth. Earth is made up of the perfect elements to have living organisms on the planet. This is not a coincidence in my mind, because to me, there are no such thing as coincidences.

Let me also point out another thing. We live in a universe of laws. Scientists find it astounding that a universe, which they believe came from nothing, can make such laws. I can wake up every morning, and expect the gravity to be there. I can wake up and expect the air to be there. Why is this? God follows these laws. He set these laws for us to live by. This also leads me to my next and final argument.

Around the world, it seems there's a pattern. What is that? Morals. It's almost universal that lying is a sin, theft is a sin, murder is a sin, and many others. Things such as charity, love, and many others are universally good. God put these morals as a good thing. No science can explain why we have ethics and morals. That is because science is wrong, and we come from a creator, not a random explosion.
Gicki

Con

Gicki forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Pro

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
Gicki

Con

Gicki forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Pro

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
Gicki

Con

Gicki forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Pro

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
Gicki

Con

Gicki forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Pro

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
Posted by BrandonButterworth 3 years ago
BrandonButterworth
Pretty heated debate.