vi_spex
PillarOfSalt

absolutes=existence

vi_spex

Pro

I exist, I am absolute, I am being now is absolute, I can read these words is absolute if I can understand them, ai
PillarOfSalt

Con

Hello, I accept your debate.
Let's start with defining these two key points.

Absolutes: a value or principle that is regarded as universally valid or that may be viewed without relation to other things.

Existence: the fact or state of living or having objective reality.

Now as you can see, the two definitions are not the same nor are they synonyms. Things can easily exist without being absolutes. Although this is a very controversial topic and a confusing topic at that, I do not rebut the fact you are an absolute or that you exist. You should have further explained your debate, but I'll try to do my best. Absolutes are independent and perfect. Does this this mean everything in existence is independent and perfect? No.
Humans are probably the most imperfect and dependent in existence.
vi_spex

Pro

i might have a better definition for absolute, and that is, no other option

existence is the balancing point between something and nothing, something exist, and nothing exist

everything that exist has at least 3 sides for it to exist, and 3 sides equal triangle, but there is a top middle and bottom so its a pyramid, and everything that exist has an opposite for it to exist, like past future and now. now is the balancing point between future and past

example:
future=false=0
now=true=1
past=truth=0

only now is true, truth can only be in the past, and the future is unknown. i am here now, so i must have gotten here somehow, and the future is again, unknown

0=nothing=information
1=something=matter

you can never show me 0 bananas in reality, you can show me 1, yet i bet you can understand what 0 bananas are, or at least what they are not(information is the opposite of matter, nothing and something, 0 and 1)

if we cut open a head, and take out the brain, we cant poor the information, thoughts, mind out on the floor, so they are not things, they are nothing, so nothing exist, and like everything, take emotion, in order for love to exist, hate must exist, good and bad, white and black, true and false, matter and information

(a bigger example of how to use the pyramids:
belief=false=future=creation=supernatural=positive
know=true=now=transformation=natural=balance
knowledge=truth=past=destruction=mechanical=negative

and so on, you can try to flip them, say future is true, but by definition future is head of now, and past is before now, so now is the balancing point)

and these are the pyramids, they represent existence, and everything else is like this, it must fit in the pyramids, but there are many different pyramids
PillarOfSalt

Con

Well now you are simply changing your argument by making completely false definitions of words. These new definitions don't even make sense. Future=false=0. Why can't false be past as well? I think you are just trying to confuse your opponents in an attempt to win. You are not even making complete sense. You can not redefine your argument.
vi_spex

Pro

because i have to imagine the future, and imagination is false, the future is just 1 second ahead of my personal physical experience of now, i have no memory of future and i have never experienced future physically, so i have no knowledge, no experience from the past about the future besides what i imagined, which goes to belief, not knowledge, and belief is false
PillarOfSalt

Con

How is that even closely relevant to the debate on whether to whether existence is the same thing as absolutes? You are being too ambiguous to prove anything or convince me with solid evidence other than meaningless metaphysics.
vi_spex

Pro

existence is absolute, if love cant exist, hate cant exist, if black cant exist, white cant exist, if true cant exist, false cant exist, how could you possibly do a true math equation if there is no false answer, does that mean all the math equations are true? no it means it an error, both must exist, they are dependant on each other

if good cant exist, bad cant exist, why is something bad? because you have to contrast of good, so with only white there is no white and no black
PillarOfSalt

Con

Well math problems are just logic. They are not physical existing things. Good and bad ARE absolutes and this has been proven. Just because there is no comparison doesn't mean that thing will lose its properties and qualities of what would make it different. If black people were the only race in the world, they would still be black and have those qualities, they might not refer to themselves as black but they would still be black and still would be in existence.
vi_spex

Pro

im talking about black and white as a trinity, the most violent evil is necessary for the ultimate pleasure of being free, they can not exist without each other

if good cant exist, bad cant exist

if all white people died white still exist, so black people can still exist, the human species is 1
PillarOfSalt

Con

As I have said before, that makes no since. Metaphysical matters and existential dilemmas can't be debated, but yet you are trying to do that. I applaud you for trying but there is really no solid evidence or reasoning on why absolutes are the same thing as existence, which I still believe are not, because yet again you try to be so ambiguous about what equals everything and you try to disprove everything with absolutes but it simply does not make since. Nothing you said was even remotely clear and you also changed up the debate in the 2nd round. In conclusion, I had a fun time debating, but nothing you said made sense.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i can at best believe what others tell me, as i cant know imagination, and i cant believe in reality as only know is real