age to get a job lowered

I think that the age should be lowered because there are children out there who are having family problems and need some extra money just like me I am 14 and from the time I was born my life has been tragic I have lived in a shoe box house and I have been homeless and I starved for a week and if I had a job it would have been better in my life

I accept this debate with you, and take my stance that the job should not be lowered what so ever.

dadsbug forfeited this round.

Well since my opponent forfeited, there truly is no reason to press on. All I will say is people under our current working age can be taken advantage of more than they are already if made legal, and in an area where fathers of families have issues finding jobs sometimes, adding even more kids/teens who most of them would apply to jobs to buy games etc, not the purpose you propose would cause a massive downturn in some families economic statues and influx the current job market

Vote me

i do not agree with this simply because studies show that the average person has more experience and will be able to function better in society if they get a job sooner

"simply because studies show that the average person has more experience"

Based of the imaginary study the average person has more experience?

Ignoring the basic logic saying that if someone does something they gain experience since, that does not validate giving a job earlier than 16, as I said prior, people who actually need to support their families need the jobs over an age which, while there may be a few cases of people actually working to fully support a family, the main people applying would be kids who simply need some money for the next video game, not the next plate of food.

If we allowed for this mentality to begin it could start a downfall, and cause pay to be taken advantage, since you would not be fully experienced to take on a work place.

My opponent forfeited, and then created a false statement, need I say more about why the argument itself is flawed in the side to lower?
Vote Placed by TalkingWaffle69 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't back up their argument whatsoever