PatCam
gordi9

airbus is better than boeing

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 10/10/2011 Category: Technology

PatCam

Pro

I think that airbus is better than boeing because they (airbus) on general are better. They havent been around as long as boeing, so boeing have a slight upper hand. I'm for airbus. If anyone is ok with arguing this topic against me please accept and make sure you reply to every round!

Good Luck
gordi9

Con

I think that Beoing is better because It new and the newer the better. Its has better capacity and it comfortable . This is why you should vote for con.
PatCam

Pro

Airbus is better because it has a couple more longe range aircraft...boeing only has the 777. airbus has aircraft with the ability to haul more peopole. also inside the aircraft it is quieter in the airbus than in boeing. i admit i love to hear the sound first but hen u want to go to bed at 3am in an airplane its hard on boeing, because they are so loud.
gordi9

Con

Boeing is better because we can have fun hearing noises to entertain ourselves in long trip. If the Ipod or computer did not exist then what will you do. Also with Beoing every can have a chance at seeing stuff. Also when attendants go to us for help it is more efficient.
PatCam

Pro

The attendants have nothing to do with this. They depend on an airline. The airbus is more comfortable in the first class I realised and airbus have most of their jets with inboard entertainment. I find the tray tables bigger as well and has more supplies like coat angers by the TV's on the back of the chair. Airbus have been delivering more planes every year since 2003 over Boeing. Airbus have also had more deliveries of aircraft instead of Boeing. They also have cup holders by the tv area so that you dont have your table down. Most airbus aircraft are generally bigger than what they are compeating against.

wiki isnt best link but most websites i checked have all info on here...and they are alot of websites

gordi9

Con

Some guest don't care of on board service. All we want to have a safe flight and get to our destination ALIVE! Beoing is better than airbus because its more efficient, save money, and it is safe. I do not know why you put up wiki because I did not use it.
PatCam

Pro

Airbus has a better saftey record than what boeing have. And they get you from point A to point B...and it goes further than what boeing can do... good debate.
gordi9

Con

LOOK PatCam or sould I say PanAm. Beoing can go fast than what airbus does. Plus it can go farther cause I rode one from florida to Italy and vice versa. Like I said Airbus should just be destroied because you can save money, more efficient, and its fast. SO I URGE A CON BALLOT!
Posted by Gojira303 3 weeks ago
Gojira303
I signed in literally just to say this:

This is by far the most childish, un-researched, and worst exchange of a debate that I have ever seen on this site. RoyLatham had better knowledge than these two, and those are the very basics to each company.
Posted by RoyLatham 2 years ago
RoyLatham
The service is determined by the airline, not the manufacturer. Not so well known, the seating configuration and amenities are also determined by the airline. The aircraft is sold empty and is outfitted by a third party that specializes in such things.

No argument was made as to why a bigger aircraft ought to be considered better. Smaller planes may have larger markets. The A380 can only fly into a few specially equipped airports. Boeing built the 747 when the Europeans were building the Concorde. The 747 was the right economic decision.

One difference is that Boeing uses the yoke style of controls while Airbus uses a joystick-style control. I think that the yoke arrangement has some small safety advantage. Another criterion for "better" would be operating costs. I don't know who has the advantage on that.

The debate needed more attention to defining "better" and more research to back it up. A good debate topic; lots could be said on both sides.
Posted by gordi9 3 years ago
gordi9
This is sad
Posted by Spritle 3 years ago
Spritle
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 2 years ago
RoyLatham
PatCamgordi9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No factually supported arguments related to "better" made by ether side. See comments.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 2 years ago
socialpinko
PatCamgordi9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments and sources go to Pro for actually incorporating some sourcing for his arguments. Unfortunately the debate was more anecdotal than anything since none of Con's arguments had any sources backing them, win goes to Pro.