hunterscope
Jay-D

alex mercer vs hancock

Jay-D
Started: 1/4/2014 Category: Games

hunterscope

Con

well guys i think that alex mercer will win the debate because first of all he can heal,mutate and change powers and can control all of the infected now what abput hancock an super alcohol addict all he can do is fly and he has an invincble skin and never gets old but if alex combines him and his and his wife or sister and consume them he will win the battle plus hancock never take anuything seriously
Jay-D

Pro

Challenge accepted.
I thank Con for instigating this debate. I will be arguing that in a fight between Alex Mercer and Hancock, the one to win will be HANCOCK. I shall now proceed to refute my opponent's arguments.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Rebuttals:

In the words of Con,
he (Alex Mercer) can heal,mutate and change powers and can control all of the infected.

Mercer's mutation can only do any good if he wants to hide in a crowd. However, if Hancock identifies him even ONCE, I'm sure it'll be very hard for Mercer to hide, because Hancock is faster and can FLY.
Therefore, his mutation only helps him if he's a prey on the run from a predator. In a battle such as this one, his shapeshifting mutation is useless, at least for stealth.

--------------------------

hancock an super alcohol addict

First of all, he is "a" super alcohol addict.
Secondly, he drinks just for fun. The alcohol DOES NOT affect his powers and abilities. It only messes with his emotions.
He was heavily hung over when he did this:

--------------------------

plus hancock never take anuything seriously

Firstly, you spelled "anything" wrong.
Secondly, he looked serious enough when he did this:

Just because he jokes a lot doesn't mean he can't get serious if the situation demands it.

--------------------------

if alex combines him and his and his wife or sister and consume them he will win the battle

That he will, but ONLY IF he manages to consume him or his wife/sister. You said it yourself: he has an invincble skin. If his skin is IMPENETRABLE (not invincible), wouldn't Mercer FAIL to dig his claws in him, or use his whipfist, or blade, or any other powers he has?

--------------------------

all he can do is fly and he has an invincble skin and never gets old

That's not all. His strength is FAR HIGHER than anything Mercer has ever shown.

Mercer's best: Can lift a truck, or a DESTROYED tank, and that too, with musclemass.

Hancock stopped a freight train without much effort.

--------------------------

I believe I have successfully refuted all of my opponent's arguments.

Comparison between Mercer and Hancock:

Here are the various parameters which I believe would tilt the battle in Hancock's favour:

Strength
As I stated earlier, Hancock stopped a train with ease. He wasn't even trying hard.
In the game(s), Mercer also manages to lift trucks and exploded tanks with ease, but he CANNOT lift a functional tank (APC). This clearly shows that Hancock's strength is far greater than Mercer's.

--------------------------

Vitality
Mercer almost died in a nuclear blast. He only survived because his remains floated back. This proves that MERCER IS VULNERABLE TO HEAT AND RADIATION, AND CAN BE KILLED BY COMPLETE INCINERATION.
Another way to kill Mercer is to consume him. But that is out of the question since Hancock is incapable of that.
Hancock is completely invulnerable to most forms of attack. In the end scene, Hancock painted a logo on the moon, which proves that HANCOCK IS IMMUNE TO SOLAR HEAT RADIATION AND CAN SURVIVE IN SPACE.

--------------------------

Speed
Hancock can fly at supersonic speeds, while Mercer can only glide for a while. That is more than enough advantage in terms of speed.

--------------------------

Weaknesses

As stated by me earlier, Mercer is vulnerable to heat and radiation. He is also susceptible to biological weapons, as amply demonstrated by Capt. Robert Cross.

Hancock is completely invulnerable. His only weakness is his wife. They both steadily lose all their powers as their proximity increases.
However, it would be extremely difficult for Mercer to manipulate this, because:
1. Hancock and his wife would never get close if Hancock is fighting Mercer.
2. Mercer can neither consume Hancock nor his wife in order to use one as a weakness against the other, because he's weaker than both of them.
3. Hancock has accepted his wife's affection towards Ray Embrey and has stopped hanging out with her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have presented my arguments, and refuted those made by Con. I eagerly await my opponent's response in the next round.
hunterscope

Con

Fare enough but if alex mercer disguise himself and persuaded hancocks wife I believe he can win then as we saw in the movie when Hancock was in the hospital and with his wife their they did put the needle in his skin which proves that if you trap both Hancock and his wife alex mercer will be able to consume him . Now what the con said about alex being vulnerable to biochemical weapons at that time when crosse stuck the needle in alex mercer skin alex did not have the armor power yet so that proves that alex can defend hi me self easily by putting his armor on . Now we all know that alex mercer can regenerate in incredible speed so even if Hancock takes his head of or blows him up he may regenerate,plus alex mercer if he can consume many people we know that he will use the devestator which causes incredible mayhem.alex mercer can control the infected which he can call during battle so every infected can attack while alex is gone sneak behind him and and consume him.As the con said that Hancock has invincible skin will alex digs in your blood cells with his tendrils which will cause in consuming.
Jay-D

Pro

My opponent makes far too many spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. Also, he has failed to notice or simply ignored some of the points I put forth in round 1. I'll point this out along with my statements in the subsequent rebuttals.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Rebutttals:

Fare enough but if alex mercer disguise himself and persuaded hancocks wife I believe he can win

To begin with, it's "Fair enough". Also, Alex Mercer "disguises" himself as WHO? To disguise as someone, he needs to consume the person. Therefore to disguise as Hancock or his wife, he'll need to consume Hancock or his wife first.
If my opponent is suggesting that Mercer consume some other person, then he should clearly state who this person is. In any case, I hardly believe anyone else can persuade Hancock's wife.

She's lifting a trailer here. Mercer can only lift a broken tank, remember?

----------------------------------------------

...if you trap both Hancock and his wife alex mercer will be able to consume him .

I never denied that, but if you noticed the three reasons I gave in round 1, Hancock and his wife have no reason to come together and hence Mercer cannot consume either of them.

plus alex mercer if he can consume many people we know that he will use the devestator which causes incredible mayhem.

It seems you didn't notice the pic i posted in round 1. Never bother, I'll post it again:

Now THAT is incredible mayhem. One can only imagine what he would do if he gets angry. He painted the moon with a logo of the size of a country, and you say Mercer's devastators can even hold a candle to that?
I HIGHLY doubt it.

As the con said that Hancock has invincible skin will alex digs in your blood cells with his tendrils which will cause in consuming.

And I said that he has "impenetrable" skin. There's no such thing as "invincible skin". I hope you understand what the word impenetrable means. It means that Mercer cannot digs in your blood cells, not even with his precious tendrils.
In case you don't undertand the meaning, here's a link to help you out:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

every infected can attack while alex is gone sneak behind him and and consume him.

Out of the question. Hancock's skin is impenetrable. Mercer cannot manipulate his wife, so sneaking behind is gonna do him no good as he is simply UNABLE TO CONSUME HANCOCK.

even if Hancock takes his head of or blows him up he may regenerate

He will regenerate. No doubt about that. But as I pointed out earlier, Mercer is susceptible to extreme heat. Sooner or later, Hancock will try it. And what better example of extreme heat than the sun itself?

Here's a simple scenario:

Hancock rips Mercer in half. Mercer regenerates and attacks again.
Hancock now takes off his head and crushes it. Mercer comes back again.
Hancock rips his head off, throws it along with his body into a gas station (or a power plant or any place that he can get to explode), and blows up the gas station. Little pieces of Mercer's body lie scattered. He regenerates again.
Now the drunk immortal Hancock is really angry. He grabs Mercer, flies into the sky, out of the atmosphere, and flings him towards the SUN.
Hancock has no problems, because he's immune to heat and can survive in space.
There's no air in space, so Mercer cannot glide or change his direction.
Because Hancock is so strong, Mercer will definitely reach all the way to the sun's surface.
The sun's heat is so intense that Mercer's entire body is atomized. Since no sentient cells remain, Mercer is completely finished off and cannot regenerate.

This is a more than likely scenario, because once Hancock gets impatient with Mercer, he'll only look to space.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I believe I've made my point. If my opponent wishes to prove Mercer's superiority, he must first prove that the above scenario is not possible. Apart from that, I don't believe my opponent has any valid arguments left to make.
I await my opponent's response along with his closing statements in the final round.
hunterscope

Con

Ok now first of all you wrote alex wrong if you want help with your spelling go to school.what the con said about hancock throwing alex mercer to the sun now that is some stupid non sense is that first alex is not gonna allow hancock to throw him to the sun now those scenario that you made up you wrote everything that hancock is gonna do to alex i am sure he will find away how to defend himself.now we know that alex mercer can hold his breath for a really long time,when hancock is gonnna be flying up to the sky alex is gonna punch him,grab him and do his bullet drop which will allow him to go back in earth and hancock will be damaged.alex was gonna consume ray embray who means alot to hancocks wife he might then persuade her to go where alex wants to go thats all i have to say for now.
Jay-D

Pro

The arguments put forth by my opponent are absurd at best, and I shall prove this in my third and final set of rebuttals, which will be followed by my conclsuions on this debate.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rebuttals:

you wrote alex wrong if you want help with your spelling go to school

Firstly, I never "spelled" (not wrote) Alex wrong.

Secondly, I would like to point out disrespectful conduct on my opponent's part.
I'm not raising any fingers, but looking at the overall spelling & punctuation errors, I think we all see who needs to go back to school.

---------------------------------------------------

throwing alex mercer to the sun now that is some stupid non sense

I see that my opponent is new to the site, but such a statement would be perceived as offensive almost anywhere.

Also, it is not some stupid non sense, because:
1. Mercer cannot resist Hancock as Hancock's strength is many times greater than Mercer's (obviously, a train is many times heavier than a tank).
2. Space is vacuum, and hence it is Mercer cannot change his direction once propelled by Hancock, and will fly straight to the sun, where he'll be completely incinerated.

In any case, it was just a scenario. I put one out there, and I defended it successfully.
Con's response: Calling it stupid non sense and not presenting any scenarios supporting his case either.

when hancock is gonnna be flying up to the sky alex is gonna punch him, grab him and do his bullet drop....

And what impact will that produce on an immortal who wasn't even bruised by a freight train?

Besides, Mercer cannot do his bulletdive drop (seriously, I'm starting to think that I know Prototype better than my opponent himself) if he cannot overcome the force with which Hancock is pulling him upwards. It's simple physics.
And he CANNOT overcome that force, because, for the umpteenth time, Mercer is far weaker in strength as compared to Hancock.

...which will allow him to go back in earth and hancock will be damaged

It's as if Con has been paying no attention to my arguments at all. In any case, I'll present my defense.

At the start of my arguments for the current round is an example video of the bulletdive drop:

The best it can do is blow a few cars away.

Now, at the risk of over-repetition, check this out:

By the way, there were about 20 freight containers (not visible in photo) behind that locomotive engine.
How can Con even think that this guy can be damaged by a bulletdive drop? I'm sorry, but that is beyond absurd.

alex was gonna consume ray embray who means alot to hancocks wife he might then persuade her

How is anyone supposed to know who Alex was gonna consume unless you said it?
And even so, Ray Embrey will persuade Hancock's wife to do what? Go and hang out with Hancock? Doesn't that sound totally out of character?

I would like to point out that even Con thinks that Embrey only might persuade her. If even my opponent isn't sure of his statement, then what reason does anyone have to believe it?

I really think my opponent should have provided a more solid basis for his argument. One cannot simply say thats all i have to say for now. This shows appalling ignorance on my opponent's part.

----------------------------------------------------

i am sure he will find away how to defend himself.

Nobody cares what Con is sure about. What the voters care about is the quality and quantity of the actual arguments presented by the debaters.

The fact remains that since Con is presenting Mercer's case, it is his duty to think and give statements, thoughts and facts on Mercer's behalf, and not simply leave everything up to a video game character. That's childishly ignorant.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conclusion:

I have conclusively disproved all of my opponent's arguments.

I have demonstrated why one must infer that Hancock's strength, speed and vitality are far superior to Mercer's.

I have provided a believable scenario in which it is possible for Hancock to completely destroy Mercer, and Con has failed to disprove it.
Also, Con has provided no indisputable scenarios which involve Mercer killing or consuming Hancock.

Con has shown repeated disregard for the evidence I have presented regarding Hancock's strength and invulnerability.

In conclusion, I believe I have proved very well, that JOHN HANCOCK (the superhero, not the statesman) CAN DEFEAT ALEX MERCER. I don't see why any fair voter wouldn't award points in my favour.

Vote Pro!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video found on: http://www.youtube.com...
Images found on: http://images.google.com...;
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Two cents: Not sure who Alex Mercer is, but Hancock is well known to be played by Will Smith... Get a movie made out of it, and the outcome is pretty much determined to fall in Hancock's favor.
Vote Placed by Tophatdoc 3 years ago
Tophatdoc
hunterscopeJay-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a tough debate to chose a winner since there were quite a bit of "what if" statements. Without the "what if" statements, Pro has shown that Hancock is stronger. Source point goes to Pro for providing pictures at least. Spelling and grammar to Pro because Con made multiple spelling errors. It tended to get a bit nasty in the last round on both sides. With Con telling Pro to go to school. But conduct goes to Con since Pro said "The arguments put forth by my opponent are absurd at best." Both parties should be a bit more calm. Good luck to you both in future debates.