themoreyouknow
michigainman56

all drug legalization

michigainman56

themoreyouknow

Pro

Drugs are bad and everybody knows that. But does this mean that they shouldn't get legalized? Because even though it's dangerous should everyone decide for themselfes if they want to do drugs and hurt themselfes.
People would die of course but it would have been their own choice and crime rates would go down because there would be almost no profit in being a drug dealer. It should be up to everyone of us to decide what we want to do not some people in ancy clothes in a fancy building.
michigainman56

Con

Okay, I guess 1st round is not acceptance only. Thank you for creating this debate. I would fix up your grammar in the next round and use some better conduct. You claim that crime rates would go down, but most likely they wouldn't many people would probably battle to get full control in the most drugs. That means increased gang activity and gang wars to get the most drugs.
If drugs are not banned then Children would have more access to those drugs. And some children could also die from drug poisoning. Do you want a law which could cause young children to die? That's not the nature of U.S law. Pro also surprises me by stating " Crime rates would go down because there would be no profit in being a drug dealer" You sure about that? I am almost positive there would be loads more drug dealers if drugs were legalized. Where else would people get the drugs from? The government? As I stated before these drugs could get in the wrong hands Children, Elders. The nature of US law is to protect everyone if we legalized drugs that would not satisfy those needs. Do you even realize that if the drugs are legal. A lot of more people will use them and failing American health's? Do we want that? I am positive alt of more people will just come to America to get there hands on drugs and bring some back to their home country? Do we want this? I hope Pro offers some more reasonable evidence in the next round. And clarify exactly what he is saying. If I use sources they will be in the comment section. I made the opening argument short.
themoreyouknow

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate but please keep to the subject, GRAMMAR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DEBATE AS LONG AS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME.
Crime rates WOULD go down and let me tell you why. There would be access to drugs through stores etc which would mean that yoy wouldn't need to go through a drugdealer to get drugs. Which mean that drugdealers profit would go down therefore they would not be earning money through drugs and they would simply leave the drug buissniess. But this is not the real subject, it's a positive side effetct from the REAL subject: All drugs should be legalized. I am proposing an idea where drugs are legalized all over the world.

It is really the point that people would get hurt but it wouldn't matter because if they chose to do drugs they have no other to blame but themselves. It's a matter of free choice, that the goverment are not supposed to control what we eat, inject and drink. In regard of that children would get hand of these drugs is true but i would want to see an age limit on drugs. You should at least be an adult before you start doing them so that your brain is fully developed.
You talk about it as 10 year olds would start taking drugs but no it would be adults.

This matter is all about free choice not about what's best for health. It would of course be a shame that many people would die but I belive it would be for the best. Beacause those people who become addicts is a liability for society and if they get access to drugs they would most sertinley OD which mean that those who are most submissive to drugs would die and not be able to reproduce. That would mean that we would, although that drugs are legalized, have a population that is less submissive to drugs.
michigainman56

Con

Thank you for posting your debate. Sorry my post was so late but, I am quite busy. Also, grammar does have something to do with the debate. Since it is a 7 point voting system. Pro has fully explained what he stands for so now I understand. To my argument.

You claim crime rates would go down because they would sell them in stores. Don't you think people would rob those stores to get there hands on drugs? For example in the Baltimore riots you saw people raid pharmacies to get there hands on pharmaceutical drugs. Don't you think there would be a lot more of this? If drugs were legalized? You also claim that drug dealers would leave the drug business. But, I am sure not all drugs would go to your nearest store? I am sure some would land in the hands of people who want to sell them! Also on age limit. Do you think everyone would follow the age limit? Teenagers would have more access to drugs. Because it is legal. They would poison themselves. Of course 10 year old won't take drugs. But would it be easier for kids as well as teens to get there hands on drugs? The answer to that is Yes. According to http://ironshrink.com... Drugs can make you hallucinate as well as know right from wrong. So if drugs were legal there would be much more violence. Because we have drugs illegal for a reason they cause violence. Which would cause mass murders as well as out-bursts. Is this what we want in our world? Also to add on in the South Carolina Church shootings Roof was on some sort of drugs. So this may of added to the violence. Do we want a world were more and more crimes are caused by drugs? Do we want a world were a child sees Crack, cocaine in stores? No. They made this law because just to keep people safe. So drugs wouldn't cause crimes and get in the wrong young hands. For example the FDA is telling food companies to get rid of trans-fat in the next 3 years. Because it is very bad for ones body and contributes to the obesity epidemic. The government has to control what we eat inject or drink to keep people healthy and safe. Also imagine what the families of loved ones would have to go though if their family member died of a harmful legal substance? Don't you think the government would get fined? What you seem to not understand is we make these kind of laws to keep EVERYBODY safe. Legalizing drugs wouldn't do that. P.S (I would fix your grammar if I were you) Good luck!
themoreyouknow

Pro

themoreyouknow forfeited this round.
michigainman56

Con

I find it sad that con has FFed. Vote Con!
Posted by michigainman56 2 years ago
michigainman56
I meant to say pro has FFed sorry!
Posted by michigainman56 2 years ago
michigainman56
Is 1st round acceptance only?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
themoreyouknowmichigainman56Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con due to the forfeiture. Sources to Con concidering that he's the only one who used them. Arguments go to Con concidering that Pro dropped a key argument, thus negating the resolution.