lokure
frankfurter50

all humans (races) are not equal according to genetics

lokure

Pro

Hello, frankfurter50. I'm here to state why all humans (races) aren't quite equal according to genetics. I'll explain this more if you accept this.
frankfurter50

Con

Sounds very interestingly racist. I'm all set to debate this.
lokure

Pro

I am very sorry if this topic seems racist but according to science as humans migrated across the world, they adapted to their surroundings. An example of that is how the heat in hotter countries affected their people. My parents come from Sudan, a country with people of the darkest skin color (it is also very hot there). Skin darkened so as to be a natural barrier from the hot sun in eastern countries such as Oman, India, and even Mexico (it's near the equator). *Keep in mind this change happened over hundreds of years.*
Meanwhile, as this happened, some other groups of people moved from Africa and spread into Europe and some over to North America and Canada. According to a website (it'll be down there) people adapted a different skin color to adapt to their surrounding.
A simple example is how it takes a longer time for a person with ancestry from those countries to get a sunburn than a lighter skinned person.
Melanin was made to absorb sunlight so as to be less vulnerable to the heat. Darker skin tends to have a lower chance of getting skin cancer compared to lighter skin colors.

Again, I am really sorry if this topic seems racist to you and also if this first arguement is too short (this is my first time debating).
Thank you for accepting this and I look forward to seeing your arguement.

***The reason I chose you to debate with is how you respond to icebeartheawesome (the guy's awfully racist)***

http://www.pbs.org...

https://www.skymetweather.com...
frankfurter50

Con

This topic does seem racist, I think, because it IS racist. Still, I'll say what you have to say about it. Also, since you say it can be proven "by genetics," post a few articles by leading genetic scientists that support your claim.

You say that as humans migrated around the world, they adapted to their surroundings. True, but skin color is really the only example of adaptation. Humans didn't really change in any other way but skin color. Everyone's anatomy is the same. We all have two lungs, one heart, a brain, the same number of bones, and so on. Also, keep in mind that RACE is not the same as SPECIES. We are all Homo Sapiens. The only noticeable difference between Black and white people is skin color. There is nothing else that differentiates anybody. Our brains have the same capacity for learning and we all live on the same planet.

Now, you don't seem to understand that BLACK people came first. Humanity originated in the African Rift Valley, where melanin was highly required. Even as other species, we still had lots and lots of melanin to protect us from the sun. Once we began migrating OUT of Africa, and up into the colder, northern regions, we had less and less use for protective melanin, so those people became white. Once humanity crossed the Bering strait about 30,000 years ago and started moving down into Latin America, back towards the equator, we developed melanin yet again. By the time we reached India, dark skin had existed for a long time.

Here's a map of human migration.
http://www.transpacificproject.com...

Again, skin color was developed for nothing more than protection against the sun, and it does not affect the equality of different races in any way. We ALL came from Africa. And the change from black to white did not happen over HUNDREDS of years, but over THOUSANDS of years. Again, I'm not sure how you can claim skin color and sun protection affects the equality of all races. White people can just put on some sunscreen, which has highly effective chemicals in it, and with the development of better indoor cooling systems, there is very little risk of severe sun damage.

I await your next argument.
lokure

Pro

I agree with all that the only way humans changed is of skin color and how the adaptation didn't affect anything like how we all have two lungs, a heart, and a brain. Actually i don't think skin color affects the brain and intellectual equality; i'm only saying how it affects like in the example i used: length of staying outside and not getting a burn (aside from sunscreen and stuff) I admit, the way I put the debate topic was misleading so I'll change it; Different skin colors have different strengths
You're a great opponent that derserves a smart aruguement so i'll try to make mine stronger.
All I'm trying to say is that it seems that according to a few studies that lighter skin is more resistant to the cold while darker skin tones tend to last longer in the sun.
To make this more clear, I'm saying that if you put a man/woman with a darker skin tone and a man/woman with a lighter skin tone on let's say Sudan for about a year without any modern stuff like sunscreen, a darker skin tone will last longer but if you put the same two in maybe the north pole, the lighter skin toned one will last longer. Please excuse me if this isn't sounding sensible.
I agree with your arguement but yet again i must state that my title was extremely misleading; we all are equal intellectually equivalent meaning a scientist could not say without being applauded by the KKK and Nazi sympathizers that races aren't equal.
I have no rebuttals because all you said was sensible and proven.
(and i guess i added the words "because of genetics" because i was foolish enough to not know the meaning of genetics beforehand)
Again, thank you for your time and I excitedly wait for your next arguement.

frankfurter50

Con

You said that humans were "not equal" according to genetics, so you've got to come up with something stronger than just how long a person can stay outside without getting a sunburn. That's a very weak argument as far as equality goes. Also, if white skin is better in Arctic conditions, and black people are bad at going into Arctic places, then we ARE equally equipped by the colors of our skin, just differently. White people can live up in Siberia and not be bothered by the freezing ice, Black people can trek miles across the Saharan desert and stay cool. That's equality if you ask me.

You can't change the debate topic now, you have to prove that all humans are not equal according to genetics.

Also, just so you know, the study of epidemiology doesn't have much to do with genetics. Maybe slightly, but you have to talk more about the "genetic" aspect of this. What does deoxyribonucleic acid have to do with your argument? I was expecting this to be about genetic material, not just melanin and pigment.

To make what I'm saying a bit more clear, I'll take your metaphor and make it just a bit more realistic. If you put a man/woman with a darker skin tone and a man/woman with a lighter skin tone in Sudan for about a year without sunscreen, they'd all be dead by the end of that year. The black people might survive about an hour more. Black people aren't IMMUNE to sun burn or skin cancer, they're just a titchy bit more resistant to it. Besides the clear flaws with your so-called "experiment," it's unethical and it would prove something that's already been proven.

I'm not sure why they couldn't use modern stuff like sunscreen. What do you mean by "modern stuff?" They could use ice to cool down, ice isn't really a "modern thing". Also, why a man and a woman? Why only a man and a woman? Why not two guys, or one guy, or just one woman? For the whole "Adam and Eve" type aspect? So they can have sex? If they had kids, the kids would die, without any resources. Please, in the next round, make this skin color experiment a bit clearer: Do they have access to food or water, or shelter, or anything like that? Also, for gosh sakes, why are you behaving as if Sudan, your own home country, is some kind of post-apocalyptic hellscape? They have towns there, don't they? Where these experimental subjects could go to buy sunscreen or whatever?

Your title has to be proven. Sorry. You shouldn't have made a racist-sounding title if you weren't prepared to be racist, or pull your argument off without being racist, which might be even harder. You should have known the meaning of "genetics" if you wanted to talk about genetics. Go ahead, next argument. I'm all set.
lokure

Pro

I don't have an arguement. Go ahead.
frankfurter50

Con

You have to provide some kind of argument, or you lose. Oh, in the last round, I meant "dermatology," not "epidemiology". just thought I'd make that little correction. Last round, better give me a sure fire, walloping argument, or I think your boat has sunk.
lokure

Pro

I've already understood that i've lost by the time I made the ridiculous title. You used straight-forward facts so you should rightfully win.
Go ahead.
frankfurter50

Con

OK. I win.
Posted by XxBigSchweenBoyxX 5 months ago
XxBigSchweenBoyxX
The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.The worst part about them is how people continually pick on them for no reason, stupid trolls like you. I win.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
What?
Posted by lokure 5 months ago
lokure
The reason i lied about my age logicalpen is because i've been watching debates on this website for a while now and since there isn't a debate club at my school, i've made an account so as to debate with reasonable people.
I'm not even in high school (am a 12yo in 7th grade) but i'm going to Hardin Valley (it wasn't on the list).
Yes, i admit my profile has a ton of controdictories
I guess, it's not reasonable for a kid my age to debate on this stuff but i'm interested in controversial stuff
please tell me my mistake
And no, my name is not lokure; it's serena and lokure is my dad's last name (originally I made my profile based on my dad's stuff so my whole family could use the website but since no one else was interested, i personalized it
And if i am a troll, well i'm really sorry if i appear to be so
Posted by LogicalPen 5 months ago
LogicalPen
Then why would you lie about your age? Why would you lie about your money? Even if you are a 12 year old, you would be in junior high, not high school. I'll be blunt. I believe you're lying about yourself. More specifically, you're a troll. My evidence-
1. Your profile contradictories
2. Your choice of debate topic
3. Your bio's attempt to cover-up your mistake

Fallacy, thy name is Iokure.
Posted by lokure 5 months ago
lokure
and please understand that i'm not going to be saying stuff like some are just not right in the head or that some specific races are complete idiots and idiotic stuff like that. Really i'm just going to be talking about different "super powers" different levels of skin colors give us.

And logicalpen, i'm 12 yo and my dream is to become an artist (which is why i wrote that) Technically, I'm graduating high school 2023 so that's one indisputable fact.
Posted by lokure 5 months ago
lokure
Please read the rounds before commenting.
And I am really sorry if this comes off even a little bit racist.
Posted by kitty_cat_LOL 5 months ago
kitty_cat_LOL
this is just wrong
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
different races could become different species with enough time apart
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
we are approx. 99.9% similar.
Posted by LogicalPen 5 months ago
LogicalPen
I'd just like to point out that Pro is 14 and her full time job is being an artist, in which she makes 75,000 to 100,000 dollars from. She's in the class of 2023, which doesn't make sense because her graduation should be 2021 (considering she's a freshman with how old she is).