ihartman2
1klank

anarchist communism is the best society

ihartman2

Pro

definitions:

anarchist communism: a society without private property, where goods are distributed according to "from each to each", without hierarchies and where all relations are voluntary, and consensus democracy is practiced

coercion: forcing someone to do something against their will

violence: physical coercion

liberty: ability to do what you wish without coercing against others

wage slavery: coercion by which you must sell your labor or starve

abundance: amount of goods that most people desire and use (if a society has many weapons but people are starving its not abundance)

arguments:

1. all manual labor and food production can be done by robots, allowing people to work on science, art, philosophy, and other things for the good of all

2. with decision making including the voices of all, liberty would be maximized

3. No one would go hungry, because of the robots

4. no one would subject themselves to hierarchy, ending the destruction of self that comes from alienation of labor

5. people would be better with each other because they would compete for resources
1klank

Con

You make very transparent arguments. Here is my rebuttle.

Fatal flaw: People's idea of "the best society" varies. What is the best society for you might not be the best society for me.

Your first point: You claim that "all manual labor and food production can be done by robots". As far as I know, this technology does not exist. If you can prove otherwise, do so and please cite the facts.

This argument is completely irrelevent as well. How does that prove that "anarchist communism" is "the best society"?

Your second argument: Before I begin, I would like to make sure we are clear on what it means to coerce an individual.

(1) Definition of Coercion: "Circumstances that may make a potential research participant feel that participation is not fully voluntary or without prejudice." Therefor, to coerce and individual would to be to partake in behaviours which cause such circumstances.

You argue that "liberty would be maximized" (or rather liberty as you define it) if we lived in a society that practiced anarchist communism. Do you have any evidence of this or is it merely your oppinion?

Your third argument: Once again, prove that the technology exists.

Your fourth and fifth argument: You need evidence. Until you have it, you have done nothing but state your oppinion.
ihartman2

Pro

I was half asleep when I wrote this, sorry, I agree with your definition of coercion.

By best society I meant that every person can live how they wish, creating their own best society, because the basics of society could be done by machines.

Liberty would be maximized because people would not have to sell their labor to a boss, and without borders created by private property people could move where they wanted.

for machines:

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com...
1klank

Con

We all have those days =P.

Rebuttal:

(1)The term "best society" is completely subjective. You could never successfully argue that something is better then something else when the matter is based on opinion.

(2)The link you provided does not validate the existence of such technology and is of questionable viability. It states "The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased."

(3) This argument is useless due to the fact that you have yet to prove the existence of these machines.
ihartman2

Pro

I concede, he wins
1klank

Con

1klank forfeited this round.
ihartman2

Pro

ihartman2 forfeited this round.
1klank

Con

1klank forfeited this round.
ihartman2

Pro

ihartman2 forfeited this round.
1klank

Con

1klank forfeited this round.