jaiswagg31
SeattleSonics

android is better than apple

Started: 6/20/2013 Category: Technology

jaiswagg31

Pro

android is way better than apple (iphoney). it has better features and WAY WAY WAY more awesome!
SeattleSonics

Con

I would like to first thank my opponent for giving me the opportunity to argue against Android being superior to Apple. Let's begin.

I first would like to argue what specifically my opponent is arguing for. Is it the operating system? Is it the smartphone itself? In which case, I wish this debate to be Android vs. IOS.

Let me first talk about the security of each operating system.

Android runs in a sandbox, which is isolated from the rest of the system. Only if the user gives permission is the sandbox able to access the other parts of the system. Now this may seen to lessen the chance of malware and other vulnerabilities, which it does. In my argument, however, this leads to limited documentation in the system, causing unnecessary requests, which leads to unwanted results. Now doesn't this contradict what the whole program was meant for? The system is hurting itself with something that is supposed to help itself?

Many anti-virus programs are unable to use their products on the android because of the sandbox program it runs. This means anyone who is attacked by a malware, are unable to install any anti-virus programs to save themselves.

This is the end of my first day argument.
jaiswagg31

Pro

wel it is both smartphone and operating system. apple is sometimes slow and freezes unlike android fast and reliable. yes, the apple iphone 5 is nice. but the new phones for android are better. they mostly do the same thing like siri for example. but the new galaxy youy can read your text and not even touch your phone see what i mean
thank you for listening to my supporting argument.

P.S. Your welcome
im replying for when you thanked me for letting you join :)
SeattleSonics

Con

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
jaiswagg31

Pro

jaiswagg31 forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Con

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
jaiswagg31

Pro

jaiswagg31 forfeited this round.
SeattleSonics

Con

SeattleSonics forfeited this round.
Posted by Humanities 1 year ago
Humanities
The debate was pretty even, though con may have edged ahead a bit, it was a good debate. I don't see why they forfeited all the other rounds.
Posted by Mrparkers 3 years ago
Mrparkers
Easy win for Con. Android is an Operating System, and Apple is a multi-billion dollar company.
Posted by GhostOfRazgriz 3 years ago
GhostOfRazgriz
Hi there!
I'm pretty new here, but I've noticed people usually use the comments to ask if they can accept the challenge. May I accept?