animal protection

Should people use animals for their purposes, if it means the endangerment of fauna?

Firstly I would like to thank you for joining me as we contend over this pressing moral issue. Awareness of our environment and the organisms that inhabit it is not only requisite of basic senses but also of deeper levels of intellect and I will very much enjoy discussing this topic.

Secondly I would like to clarify my position on the motion, as it is loosley defined. I am on the proponent side of the idea of alternate species "protection" or "advanced ethics." Promoting the idea of sentiment towards other organisms that are not Human. If this is incorrect please inform me otherwise, however the following will be based on that mindset.

With our current knowledge of evolution and the concept of pain I propose that "Animals" (those being both Human and otherwise) should be afforded certain ethical rights following our conciet of the idea of suffering.

It is vitally important that we recognize our relationship with other organisms citing biological evolution to form rational procedures for interacting with and managing the suffering of animals.

With our knowledge of how the neural system works in regards to the sense of pain we can deduce that other animals also have this sense and that other animals can indeed suffer. It is within reason to conclude that the reduction of this suffering is in our best interests.

aidana.sotsialova forfeited this round.

I believe my argument still stands for the reasonable treatment of animals. My opponent seems to have other issues.
Posted by aidana.sotsialova 3 years ago
I'm not arguing for this. I need to know other's opinions
Posted by xxXChelseaXxx 3 years ago
Aidana, are you arguing for animal protection?