alyssa_16
Sky_ace25

animal testing is wrong

Sky_ace25

alyssa_16

Con

I will argue the con

I do not believe in testing products on animals making them suffer... it is wrong in every way. they have feelings too.
Sky_ace25

Pro

Thank you for the interesting topic. (Please note the video will be referenced in my 5th contention).

So my opponent has assumed the burden of proof that she must prove "in every way" that testing is bad. That means that if I prove one good way you must vote Pro by default.

Contention 1: Testing humans.

Humans are scientifically considered animals and their hundreds of different programs that test out different tests in morally correct ways with positive benefits. The U.S. does have a set moral standard for this.

Ex: "Nearly half of patients who completed 56 weeks of treatment with Orexigen Therapeutics Inc.'s experimental obesity treatment, Contrave, lost at least 10 percent of their weight in a late-stage study and the drug also appeared to help cholesterol and blood sugar levels."

http://www.foxnews.com...

Thus we see that experimental testing did not make them suffer thus denying my opponents point and also that a positive was achieved in the end as people actually lost weight in this "experimental" treatment. Hence its clear to see that their are benefits and remember as my opponent as stated she will prove "wrong in every way".

Contention 2: An owner can test products on their cat.

If I am a cat owner and I want to see which food brand my cat loves the most I can feed him two different types and see which one I get the happiest reaction from. Thus I am doing a positive for my cat in a way that is making it happy. Hence this type of testing is also justified.

Contention 3: Doggy-day care.

If I send my dog to two day-care programs and I see which one makes it the happiest I am doing a test by testing the day care on it, and it is not suffering.

Contention 4: Animals except humans do not have feelings.

Feelings-Feelings is a United Artists Records album by easy listening duo Ferrante & Teicher.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feelings_(Ferrante_&_Teicher_album)

I have never heard of a dog/cat/sheep/goat etc. owning such an album as this and thus animals do not have feelings too.

Contention 5: Animals testing products do not suffer.

Look at the video in the top corner of the screen.

The gerbil is clearly in a box and having a light saber tested with him and you clearly see that he is not suffering. Thus products can be used in a way that does not make them suffer, instead it even looks like the gerbil is having fun.

Thus it is clear to see that my opponent can not prove that animal testing is "wrong in every way" Thus by default a strong vote for Pro is advised.

alyssa_16

Con

thank you for your responce

i am not trying to prove that it is wrong in every way i am saying that testing things such as lotions,hair products,medications ect. and at this time thay place the product inside the anmial in the eye mouth ear cut the skin and put it in there making the anmials life a living hell nowe that is what i mean is wrong .

http://www.newfrontier.com...

http://www.flickr.com...

http://www.ehow.com...

http://www.quizilla.com...

http://students.umf.maine.edu...

you can not tell me the anmial looks happy in those pictures i am not saying that anmial testint is all wrong i under stand i have said that but i exculd the the testing such as the ones you have stated

the one below has the death rate in a range it shouuld show you something you do not see.
http://www.all-creatures.org...
Sky_ace25

Pro

Voters my opponent is clearly trying to get out of the burden of proof that she has established for herself.
Look to her opening argument "I do not believe in testing products on animals making them suffer... IT IS WRONG IN EVERY WAY" Thus she has clearly established that she must prove animal sufferings wrong in every way.

My opponent offers to you an obscure description of some random testing that she believes happens, but she never gives you background information. Was this animal already going to die? Were they farm-raised for these purposes? Was the animal dead? Thus you see her hypothetical situation does not hold weight here.

Further more my opponent does not refute any one of my pieces of evidence that shows animals are not suffering thus you have 5 clear contentions to vote for Pro.

My opponent provides an abstract statement that has no proof; she offers an obscure link of websites, however she clearly does not mention how any of these websites make an argument for her. Just listing websites does not warrant a vote in her favor.

My opponent says that we should just exclude the testing that I have presented, but this is basically just trying to impose an unfair burden of proof. I have clearly shown that animal testing is not wrong in many cases and my opponent does not refute this.

Please note her only one reference to death rates is only about one animal and is only about animals in Oregon; that does not warrant the idea that all animals are suffering.

Thus in conclusion, she is trying to ignore all the cases I provide you that show animal testing is not wrong. She tries to offer up a random list of websites, I am more than capable of doing that too, but she never offers you analysis or an argument based on those websites and thus do not look to that at all.

Clearly as I have shown my opponent has defined in the opening argument that she must prove all cases are wrong, however note she has admitted that my cases of testing were not suffering. Thus she has pretty much lost the round as of now and therefore you may vote a strong vote in my favor thank you.
alyssa_16

Con

ok thin my second debate sucked too lol okay thank you for the butt kicking this time ha i think i will work more on my next debate and mabey thay will not rip me to shreads like you did
thank you for the experence :)
Sky_ace25

Pro

I thank my opponent for the interesting debate, she has forfeited so therefore all votes go to Pro.

I would like to clarify this for voters, we were not debating "Animal Testing is Wrong, but more like "We should use animal testing".

My opponent was obviously against animal testing and I was fine with proving it justifiable. You have all my arguments to vote off of before and therefore an easy vote for Pro is advised.

Thank you for your time.
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
note that in order to test on animals you must get a statment in order on why you are testing them and how u will go about easing there pain, also they dont just pull random animals out of the wild they are breed to be tested on
Posted by alyssa_16 7 years ago
alyssa_16
see thats the thing they have feelings
Posted by Jesusrules 7 years ago
Jesusrules
If you do not like animal testing for medical drugs, you want to do it on humans? But which would you rather lose, a human with feelings, family, someone you can talk to, or a farm raised animal that has no feelings? And has Sky_ace25 said, you made the mistake of saying ALL testing is bad which it isn't. Animal testing might result in death or sickness, but it is better for everyone else.
Posted by Frosty5794 7 years ago
Frosty5794
First, the resolution is negating, so technically con would argue animal testing is good. but thats a small thing.

I voted Pro because the only arguement CON made was that it was morally wrong. Pro answered saying they a)don't suffer and b)it doesn't matter as they don't have feelings

If I was Pro i would explain why it is key to medical advancement, for both animals and humans

Con has to make an impact to being morally wrong.
Posted by alyssa_16 7 years ago
alyssa_16
never mind we will just debate the topic
Posted by alyssa_16 7 years ago
alyssa_16
ld
Posted by BellumQuodPacis 7 years ago
BellumQuodPacis
Is this LD format or just debate?
Vote Placed by atheistman 7 years ago
atheistman
alyssa_16Sky_ace25Tied
Vote Placed by Frosty5794 7 years ago
Frosty5794
alyssa_16Sky_ace25Tied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
alyssa_16Sky_ace25Tied
Vote Placed by Grape 7 years ago
Grape
alyssa_16Sky_ace25Tied
Vote Placed by Sky_ace25 7 years ago
Sky_ace25
alyssa_16Sky_ace25Tied