clajen0112
xavi0125

animal testing should be banned

xavi0125

clajen0112

Pro

I believe animal testing should be banned.

1. Animals have their own rights.

-freedom

-life

-happiness

-protection

Animal tests violates these rights.

2. Animal tests are replaceable.

-inaccuracy

-alternative
xavi0125

Con

First, I thank clajen for giving me a chance to debate this topic.

To start, animal tests are really helpful for the development of scientific studies. Animal tests are the experiment that the humans do for such medical development and scientific development. Animals are comfortable, fest, and easy for the humans to do experiments since they have similar body structure like the humans. For example, chimpanzees share 99%of their DNA with the humans, and mice are 98% genetically similar to the humans. That may save the time of the experiment. Animal tests may give much help to the life time of the humans. Humans have life cycle, and these animal experiments may expand the humans' life cycles. It is because it deveops the medical curing system for the humans.Animal tests creates the products to be better and safe. Also, science became more and more important these days because of environmental problems and the development of technology. So, improving the science will be helpful.

Also, animal tests may even benefit the animals themselves. If vaccines were not developed by animal testings, the animals might have died from some diseases. Animal testing benefits the health of the animals and the medical cares for them
clajen0112

Pro

clajen0112 forfeited this round.
xavi0125

Con

Since my opponent forfeited this round, it will somehow be unfair for me to write a long refutation. I will refute my opponent's argument as brief as I can.
. Animals have their own rights.
-freedom
-life
-happiness
-protection
Animal tests violates these rights.

What do you mean in this case? How does the animal testing violate this rights. Please specify. I think my opponent is saying that the environment for the experiment of animals are harmful. However, it is highly regulated so the animal testing is done safely. Also, for the happiness and protection, without any animal testing, it won't be able to cure the diseases of animals, either. So, animal testing will worth more and more animals being cured and protected from diseases, and that will give surely more happiness to the animals.
2. Animal tests are replaceable.
-inaccuracy
-alternative
What does it mean for inaccuracy and being alternative? How are animal testing replaceable. Please clarify this.

Living things like humans and animals are too complex that there are not any appropriate things to replace the animals.

clajen0112

Pro

clajen0112 forfeited this round.
xavi0125

Con

Since my opponent had forfeited this round again, I will just state my opinion and extend my argument.

My Opinion

As I have stated, animal testing should not be banned. Animal testing may save the lives of living things, and it will develop medical treatments and science. Also, animals will get to benefit from animal testing since animals get better medical treatments, and those things could even save their lives. Also, the environment of animal testing is not harsh since it is highly regulated. Also, even though we do not do animal testing, there is no another thing to replace the animals for the experiments. It is because the body structure of humans are highly complex, and the animals are very similar to the humans.

Questions to my opponent

Please clarify your reasons, and answer my questions I wrote in round 2.

To conclude, for these reasons I disagree to the topic that animal testing should be banned.

To add, I will extend my arguments I wrote before since my opponent forfeited this round!

clajen0112

Pro

clajen0112 forfeited this round.
xavi0125

Con

Since my opponent forfeited this round again, I will extend my argument and conclude my opinion.

In conclusion, I disagree that animal testing should be banned. Animal testing will save the lives of living things and even the animals themselves. Also, animals are really similar to humans. The source for experiment is not replaceable that animals need to be used.

Vote for Con!!!!
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
clajen0112xavi0125Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't make an awfully convincing argument, whilst Con argued that animals could be tested for the benefit the majority. Conduct to Con for all the forfeited rounds by Pro.