vi_spex
42lifeuniverseverything

answering is music

42lifeuniverseverything

42lifeuniverseverything

Con

Hey vi. It's me, your worst enemy. I'm ready for Round 2 of the war. Are you ready?

So this time your challenge is that of a claim. "answering is music", and "ye". Gotta admit we have hit a whole new level of concise haven't we?

Let's see why a vote for Con is needed.

1. Answering people is not always music to their ears.

Now obviously this resolution can be interpreted in many weird ways. I choose to take it for this point, as meaning that Pro is defending that every answer a human makes to another human, is music to their ears. However as many of us know this is simply not true. When your boss at work denies your vacation, is that music to your ears? When your co-worker refuses to do his job, is that music to your ears? When your spouse refuses to have *** with you, is that music to your ears? When your kids refuse to do what you ask, is that music to your ears? When your enemy says yes to your challenge to kill you, is that music to your ears?

The answer to all of these is, NO. It is not music to the ears to be denied what we wish for out of others. Rather it frustrates, angers, and drives us crazy to have this happen.

So if the resolution is interpreted this way, my opponent already loses.

2. Receiving the answer of weapons is not music to the ears.

If we interpret this resolution to mean when a weapon retort is fired as a response to a challenge, is that music to the challenger's ears? The answer is once again a no. When a gun is fired at you for touching something, is that music to your ears? When a bat is swung at your head for missing a chore, is that music to your ears? When a ship is shot by a torpedo, is that music to the crew's ears? Was the shooter in Orlando music to the club's ears when he was "answering" their beliefs?

Once again, a solid NO.

3. If you are judged is that music to your ears?

If the resolution is taken in this light what is the answer?

Well, if a co-worker judges your body openly is that music to your ears? What about your spouse judging your cooking. Or your mechanic judging your car. Or your Pastor judging your soul? Your kids judging your work ethic? Or just about everything else you do? Is this music?

Once again, a NO.

Oh wait I forgot, I should provide a definition of music shouldn't I?

Here. "the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuityb : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony 2 a : an agreeable sound" http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Note the words agreeable sound.

When is the only time my opponent could uphold the resolution? When someone answers a question with actual music. But since that is not how conversation is conducted 99% of the time, my opponent must concede the inability to prove that "answers are music".

Thank you, and VOTE CON.

42
vi_spex

Pro

music is music

im saying answering is music.. music has an origin

1. why would i ask my enemy to challenge me if it wouldnt be..
no answer needs answering

2. why would weapons be the answer... and why would discharging your weapon be

3. if judgement is the answer to my murdering spree

4.science is math and observation..

you can agree with others that problems are answers
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

"music is music"

Yes it is.

"im saying answering is music.. music has an origin"

Therefore answering has an origin? It does, so the origin of an answer is our thought, and therefore the origin of music is our thought. But how does that prove that music is an answer? They originate both from the brain, but coming from the same place does not equate to being the same thing. All mammals come from a womb, but are they the same?

"1. why would i ask my enemy to challenge me if it wouldnt be..
no answer needs answering"

Umm no. See what I was saying is when someone instigates something you do not like towards you. Something that denies your wishes. Then that thing is not music to our ears.

Also some confusion over this sentence: "When your enemy says yes to your challenge to kill you, is that music to your ears?" What is meant here is say your enemy has the power to kill you in the next second. If you hear him say he wants to kill you after your defense, then is that music to your ears? No.

"2. why would weapons be the answer... and why would discharging your weapon be"

This proves you didn't read point 2. I was saying imagine if you tweaked point 1 to inanimate objects. In some scenarios, still, an answer is not music to the ears.

"3. if judgement is the answer to my murdering spree"

I feel like you are combining Orlando and this point. If you were the one who committed the murder spree and your judgment was death, would that be music to your ears?

"4.science is math and observation.."

Right which has nothing to do with answers to questions. Therefore answers are not music. Common logic.

"you can agree with others that problems are answers"

I never asserted the true nature of answers because I am not required to. I simply proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that music does not equal answers.

Round 2 of the war has ended.

My opponent has not adequately proven without a doubt that answers equal music. All my opponent has offered is a simple affirmation, and defensive responses that make little sense.

VOTE CON.

Posted by 42lifeuniverseverything 8 months ago
42lifeuniverseverything
Thanks for the vote ThinkBig!
42lifeuniverseverything
What makes you think answers are music?

If you answer this comment, will it be music?
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 8 months ago
ThinkBig
vi_spex42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Music is defined as "... an agreeable sound" by con. Con shows that answering is not always music because: a) answering people is not always music to their ears; b) receiving weapons answers is not music; and c) being judges is not music. Furthermore, in order for pro to uphold the resolution, he must show that we always answer with music. Since he did not show that, con wins.