Jolo
joshpleco23

anthropocentrism ought to be valued above biocentrism

joshpleco23

Jolo

Con

value
equity because: all forms of life have intristic value and hence, ought to be treated fairly
B Anthropocentrism means
1 humans only care when we are directly effected
2 humans commiting against the enviroment are not entirley aware of the potential consequnces
3 Humanity hurts itself as it progresses
criteria
utilitarianism: or the greatest benift for greatest #
b anthropocentrism only aids the agent, humanity since the progression of humanity often harms enviromental forces, humans , who are an inherent part of nature, are immoraly hurting themselves without knowing it.
joshpleco23

Pro

I shall chalenge you! I am pleco and I shall disagree with your stance that anthropocentrism should be valued above biocentrism.

My argue will be based on the fact that humans are the most superior race on the planet, we are also the most advanced species known to exist. Since we are humans our species survival should be the most important to us!

That is my arguement in a sloppy nutshell, forgive how rushed it is... I literally had like 3 minutes to write it all...
Jolo

Con

Jolo forfeited this round.
joshpleco23

Pro

My opponate has forfeited round two! This is a speedy debate...

Humans should only worry about something if it effects them... That should not apply to other species of animals because we are not them.

Human's are more adaptable, and can make themselves home in a variety of climates.
Jolo

Con

Jolo forfeited this round.
joshpleco23

Pro

Yet another round has been forfeited! Perhaps it is because Jollo gives us about 5 minutes to write our arguements down.... This is a poor way to make a debate go by and it horribly effects my literacy...

My oppponet has failed to put the sausage on the porilainen... His arguement is only the opening part of his debate. Othough my arguements are rushed because of my fair nemesis... I hope my arguement was heard. I love my nemesis, and I'll look forward to another speedy debate.

Vote for Pleco!
Posted by joshpleco23 6 years ago
joshpleco23
Jolo you have 4 minutes to post a responce! You are really playing hard with this arn't you?
Posted by joshpleco23 6 years ago
joshpleco23
FormAndTheFormless you are a genius! I never noticed that he was con! I love you!

I shall take this chalenge!
Posted by Sorrow 6 years ago
Sorrow
I don't see the point of biocentrism. We want to accomplish things in our universe. Morals and ethics have no say in the advancement of mankind, if evolution is to occur at its NATURAL rate. We are all part of the Animalia Kingdom, why is it our responsibility to take care of more inferior beings?

We don't let other animals make decisions for us, so why should we make the decisions for them?
Posted by FormAndTheFormless 6 years ago
FormAndTheFormless
*replace the period with a question mark on my last sentence*
FormAndTheFormless
I was about to accept but you only allow a 5 minute response time. I believe this debate would be more constructive if you extended the response time to at least 24 hours.

Also, I don't understand what you're implying joshpleco23. How can you agree with anthropocentric views and Jolo when Jolo is taking the CON position in this debate? Doesn't that mean that Jolo is against the notion that anthropocentrism should be valued more than biocentrism.
Posted by joshpleco23 6 years ago
joshpleco23
I agree with you Jolo,
Humans are the most important species on earth, and anthropocentrism should be valued above biocentrism.

However, I disagree that our indevidual's well being should be a concern, for us it is about survival alone, and nothing else.
Vote Placed by Radicalguy44 6 years ago
Radicalguy44
Jolojoshpleco23Tied