vi_spex
abc123jendunee

anything is sufficient to define existence

vi_spex

Pro

but how could existence be real when we have fingers?
abc123jendunee

Con

Simply 'anything' cannot be enough to define existence. I do not understand your logic in 'how could existence be real when we have fingers'. Existence is defined by objective reality. This can be confirmed not just by sensory information, but secondary sensory as well. (I'm sure some have heard of the 'God doesn't exist because we can't see or sense him? Well your brain doesn't exist because we can't see or sense it'. This is disproved because varnish scans can show that my brain exists and etc.) To quote: 'Belief continues in the claims of mystics, fortune tellers, palm readers, astrologists, people with extra sensory perception and (I must mention the notion of god here) so on, as if the claims were part of the objective reality, but none of these things survive objective testing.'

And... fingers exist because you can sense it and do stuff with it. (Such as use it to get high, which you probably are now)
vi_spex

Pro

a thing exist that dosnt exist?

i bet you cant sense your neighbour right now
abc123jendunee

Con

Of course something that exists exist. But that is not your argument, You said ANYTHING. Def: 'used to refer to a thing, no matter what.' Meaning it may or may not exist. For example, anything can refer to unicorns and dragons, which don't exist (Now don't argue with me... burden of proof/definitive existence proves that they don't exist)

For the neighbor point... sure, I can't sense them, but they sure can sense themselves, therefore they exist. The sensory function does not limit to the observer. This, as I have said before, is secondary sensing. Anyhow, I could go check if I wanted to.
vi_spex

Pro

does a non existent thing exist?

thing=existence

might exist does not exist because it might also not exist.. my neighbour might be wearing a micky mouse hat that was just designed and came in the stores to buy, but is he?

so your neighbours are alive and didnt just die in some accident before you began reading this.. and if you go tjeck and you come back, is it then possible that they didnt just die after you left and came back trying to tell me they are alive?

:)
abc123jendunee

Con

A non existent thing does not exist, I have said why before. Thing does not necessarily mean existence. Unicorns are a 'thing' but does not exist.

Your second argument:

"so your neighbours are alive and didnt just die in some accident before you began reading this.. and if you go tjeck and you come back, is it then possible that they didnt just die after you left and came back trying to tell me they are alive?"

This is a problem of time. But as I said before, if an observer can sense them, indirectly of directly, they exist.

Lets say your neighbor was wearing a micky mouse hat that was just designed and came in the stores and was locked in isolation (For whatever reason). They would know that they are wearing the hat. If it were the case that your neighbor was unconscious as well, any observer in the room would know. However, there is no way anyone would know because there is no such observer. Therefore, we don't know if such thing exists, but it does.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
a possibility is a tetris game the size of the empire building with me placing each big piece as they come down 1 by 1 for me to place, but surely i will get alot of long pieces as they fit very well
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i messed that last queston up somehow
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
is it then not* possible that they didnt just die after you left and came back trying to tell me they are alive?

yea
Posted by abc123jendunee 1 year ago
abc123jendunee
come at me bro