donkal
Briannj17

are all people racist?

Briannj17

donkal

Pro

i think when you see someone of a different race you think something different about each one. it just depends on whether it is good or bad.
Briannj17

Con

I see you haven't defined racism so I will provide a definition.

Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. http://dictionary.reference.com...

By saying all people it means everybody who has been in the world. It is impossible for you to prove that everyone in the whole world is racist. Actually, I believe first you must prove I am racist and good look to that.
Just because you think something different about a different coloured person doesn't make you racist. Only when you believe that your race is more superior than another race. As the definition stands I am not racist. I also believe that people in general are not racist. Different thoughts about people does not prove racism. Racism is an actual belief and since peoples beliefs vary it cannot be classified as human nature. I look forward to my opponents response.
donkal

Pro

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race.

this is the google definition of racist but racism can be good such as Asians are generally more clever, and black people are generally faster. Those are good abilities and skills specific to their race because of the way the body is made.
I think that everyone has thoughts about different thoughts about them.
Briannj17

Con

First of all you say everyone as in everyone in the whole world is racist. Are blind people racist than? They count as people I presume. Therefore your claim is false. Vote con.
donkal

Pro

I would like to know whether you are blind. If not ,then how do you know whether they are racist. Racism is not just about skin colour you know. It can be about accent, sporting ability, cleverness and many other things.You don't need eyes to be racist about those.
Briannj17

Con

The I can say the same. Can you judge me to be racist? I am a person I am not racist therefore your claim fails. Here is your problems.

1. You claim all people are racist without proper proof.
2. You didn't define your view on what racism is.

Here's a graph http://davetroy.com... showing that most of the states is not racist.
"Racism isn't about skin colour." No it is about one race being superior to another.

Your claim though is that, "i think when you see someone of a different race you think something different about each one." Blind people can't see therefore proving this claim false.

"With blind people, the process is much slower as they piece together information about a person over time. Their thinking is deliberative rather than automatic, and even after they"ve categorized someone by race, they"re often not certain that they"re correct." http://www.newsmax.com...

With all this in tow vote Con.
donkal

Pro

Firstly yes i did define racism but you have completely ignored it.
Secondly prove that you are not racist.
Thirdly that pie chart has no evidence whatsoever to prove that it is legitimate.
Fourthly that study does not back up what you have to say.

It is a natural instinct, you can say you aren't racist but tests show that all people show different preferences to different races.
It can be a good or bad thing such as black people are generally better at sprinting or bad such as white people hate everyone of different colour. These are examples.
Briannj17

Con

Is this a debate or stating your opinion with no facts whatsoever? I see no sources I see my claims have been not properly addressed. Your claims have been proven false what is this? Are you a troll?

You did not properly address your definition. With a source! Not your own definition. Otherwise I can say delaparedfer and tell you it means good tidings to all! Your own definition is not backed up by anything!

I can simply tell you I am not racist then you have to prove that I am in fact racist. The burden of proof is on you.

The pie chart is a better source than you've given this whole debate!

The study proves blind people cannot see disproving your first claim that, "i think when you see someone of a different race you think something different about each one. it just depends on whether it is good or bad." Blind people cannot see therefore how can they "see" someone of a different race?

Again no sources proving it is natural instinct. I will provide a source saying it is not natural. http://www.theatlantic.com...
"va Telzer of UCLA and three other researchers report that they've performed these amygdala studies--which had previously been done on adults--on children. And they found something interesting: the racial sensitivity of the amygdala doesn't kick in until around age 14.What's more: once it kicks in, it doesn't kick in equally for everybody. The more racially diverse your peer group, the less strong the amygdala effect.... At really high levels of diversity, the effect disappeared entirely."

Therefore not all people are racist. and your last claim deals with stereotypes not rasism.

With all this evidence vote con
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
Racists claim a skin color. New debate.!!!!!!!
Posted by donkal 1 year ago
donkal
I like Johnny cash
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Well as my favourite singer Johnny Cash said ""You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."
Posted by donkal 1 year ago
donkal
Briannj17 i want to thank you for your debate and just want to say that it was purely to see what others have to say. i do not believe everyone is racist and you were very good at giving your views. I believe you have beaten me.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Friend
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Not a great source there.
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
Omg i'm sorry. that was my friend
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Sources please.
Posted by donkal 1 year ago
donkal
fact based
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Are these your personal opinions, or fact based?
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
donkalBriannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Omg con killed it. I'll have to use that "are blind people racist" line sometime. Overall con had a better structured debate and great rebuttals.
Vote Placed by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
donkalBriannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument is that he assumes everyone is racist because people think different things about different races. Con said that it's not the same thing as racism, and there are certain people (blind people) who can't see color. Plus, the fact that pro thinks something should be true based on a generalization doesn't necessitate he's right. Thus con successfully negates pro, because pro didn't fulfill his BoP