danbot3390
JonHouser

are canadians snow mexicans

danbot3390 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 1/17/2017 Category: Funny
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

danbot3390

Pro

are Canadians just snow Mexicans, that is if they are even real. I mean have you ever seen a Canadian, yeah didn't think so.
JonHouser

Con

Let me thank my opponent for proposing this debate topic.

First, would my opponent please define what he means by "snow mexicans"?

Secondly, having been raised in Alaska and still having friends and family who live there now, I have driven through Canada many times. I also have numerous friends and business partners who live in Canada.

That being said, there is a massive problem here in the US with people crossing our southern border illegally. The problem is much less pronounced on our northern border. "According to MPI estimates, about 7.8 million unauthorized immigrants present in the United States in the 2009-13 period (71 percent of the total unauthorized population) were born in Mexico and other Central America countries. About 1.5 million (14 percent) were from Asia; 690,000 (6 percent) from South America; 423,000 (4 percent) from Europe, Canada, or Oceania; 342,000 (3 percent) from Africa; and 260,000 (2 percent) from the Caribbean." (1)

Canada, combined with two huge regions, comprise 4% of the total illegal immigrants in the US. On the other hand, Mexico and the rest of Central America comprise 71% of the total illegal immigrants in the US.

I will grant that there are a large number of Canadian citizens who live in Canada, but work in the US. However, these people enter and leave the US legally. I cannot find a reference, but I am fairly certain that there are fewer Mexican citizens who live in Mexico and work legally in the US than there are total illegal immigrants from Canada.

References:
1. http://www.migrationpolicy.org...
Posted by CaesarAugusto 5 days ago
CaesarAugusto
This is funny. The person defending Canada actually can SPELL, for one, is SENSIBLE, for two and the person opposing Canadians: 1: can't spell, 2: makes no sense 3: Has probably never met a Canadian and therefor has no basis on which to form a negative opinion. Opinions are based on knowledge, and obviously this person needs to go and get some before they start judging other people.
I should also mention: Have you ever seen a Canadian insult an American on this site? Probably not (I haven't anyway) But I have counted 36 different insults to Canadians on this site alone (and I am fairly new to it).
It's ridiculous. For example; Canadians with 'Flapping heads'. Obviously the Americans on this site are only embarrassing themselves by saying such things. I am not attempting to stereotype Americans here (or I would be just as bad as them), but it's very easy to see a pattern. Maybe all y'all Americans should come to Canada some day, eh? The people are not as stupid as you think they are.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
The only thing that negates this resolution is the existence of Canadians with flapping heads.
Mexicans don't have flapping heads like Canadians, duh.