are each of the sponge bobs characters a deadly sin

Started: 5/6/2014 Category: Economics

each of sponge bobs characters are the deadly sins

They preform the sins, however they themselves aren't the sin. I rest my case.

I hope you know the seven deadly sins
1. Sloth-Patrick
Sloth is the sin of laziness, or unwillingess to act. Obviously this is Patrick. He lays under a rock all the time and doesn't really do anything. In fact in the episode "Big Pink Loser" he got an award for doing nothing the longest.

2. Wrath-Squidward
Wrath involves feelings of hatred and anger. Squidward hates his life, usually hates SpongeBob, and is pretty much angry most of the time.

3. Greed-Mr. Krabs
Obviously Mr. Krabs is greedy and desires money. How could Greed not be Krabs? He actually sang about the power of greed in "Selling Out".

4. Envy-Plankton
Plankton is envious of Mr. Krabs because The Krusty Krab is a success while The Chum Bucket is a failure. His envy drives him to try to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula.

5. Glutony-Gary
I actually think this one is pretty funny. Did you ever notice the running gag in Spongebob where they say "don't forget to feed Gary" or Sponge says "I gotta go feed Gary". Gary even ran away that time when SpongeBob forgot to feed him. Glutony usually refers to the overindulgence of food so I'm guessing this one fits him pretty well.

6. Pride-Sandy
Sandy takes a lot of pride in who she is and where she comes from. She takes pride in the fact that she is from Texas and likes to let everyone know it. She also takes pride in the fact that she is a mammal and a land creature, like in the episode "Pressure" where she tried to prove land critters were better than sea critters.

7. Lust-SpongeBob
Ok, I know what your thinking. It does seem a little weird and curious at first but I have given it a lot of thought. Lust in one definition is "excessive love of others". I think this one works best for Spongebob. He shows his love of others with his overeagerness to do good and help people. If anything is true about SpongeBob its that he loves everyone around him, even if they don't exactly love him back.

So this is what I came up with. I don't know what anybody else thinks. Oh by the way try not to analyze cartoons too much, especially SpongeBob. I actually think the people on the show try to be inconsistent on purpose. Just to be funny.

First of all, I only made 1 argument, and you still dropped it. Just because they commit the sin does not automatically make them the sin. It is impossible for a person to be a sin, however they can commit the sin. I will now counter everything you wrote.

Sloth: First of all, Patrick actually is quite active. As you can see in various episodes, he runs around with spongebob, and makes squidward very mad. Furthermore, Patrick commits the sin, however patrick himself is not sloth, HE COMMITS THE ACT OF SLOTH. There is a huge difference.

Wrath: As mentioned previously, he commits wrath, he himself is not wrath

Greed: He is greedy, however he isn't greed itself

Envy: he is envious. Him himself is not envy

Pride: She is proud, however she herself is not pride.

Lust: First of all, your definition of lust is false. The real definition is "Intense or unrestrained sexual craving." [1] Where in spongebob do you ever see him trying to bang a girl? NOWHERE! Thus, he is not lustful, nor lust itself.

I have already proved non of these characters are the deadly sins, they only commit the sins. I even proved some of this sins they are accused of being part of is false. Furthermore, my opponent has to explain how ALL of the spongebob characters are a deadly sin. There are over 3,000. He missed so many like the dirty bubble, and barnacle boy, mermaid man etc. Since he didn't do that, and it is already impossible for someone to be a sin, the outcome of this debate is obvious.

you are wrong. first of all i will start out by telling you these are not people nor are they actually sea creatures and they are a cartoon and almost anything is possible in a cartoon these things a a figment of imagination so yes i think the writer of sponge bob created each character based on the seven deadly sins.

Can you prove they are the sins? You are the instagator, and you have not met your BoP. I proved they aren't and you also dropped my points. Spongebob commited no sin. Also, being the sin and being based off are 2 different things. IN the show they are sea creatures. Also, you need to prove ALL characters are the sins, and you still fail to do so.

has sponge bob committed no sin? of course he has sorry about not replying earlier it was my birthday, sponge bob repeatedly says and does sexual stuff. in one sponge bob episode he tells Gary not to drop the soap. there are many more go to this url and you will see him make quite a few

To start off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

First of all, these "sexual" things you accuse spongebob of doing are false. It is only an odd fanbase making things up by taking clips out of context. Spongebob has no original intention of these things occuring, considering it is a show for children. Also, lust is INTENSE sexual actions, meaning frequent. Even if these few moments were legit, he doesn't constantly every episode commit lust. And regardless of that, YOU STILL HAVEN'T PROVEN SPONGEBOB IS LUST! COMMITING A SIN AND BEING A SIN ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!

You still fail to prove ANY of the characters are the sin. You still have not met your BoP. Also, the debate is "are each of the spongebob characters a deadly sin". Saying this, you are implying ALL the characters are a deadly sin. Not only have you not proven that the 7 main characters are sins, but you also neglect thousands of characters!

You have proven nothing, and I already explained how they themselves are not a deadly sin.

ha you forget one big thing. sponge bob is a piece of writing. this should be enough proof to down size all your points. you keep insisting that things can not be a sin but in writing you can do what ever you want if you want a bird that represents the earths core you can make it, if you want a character (who is a piece of writing) who represents a deadly sin you can have him be a deadly sin. sponge bob is a piece of writing. the only thing you have been doing is playing the word game. how about you play the debate game instead.

Due to the fact my opponent insulted me, I will now create a more serious argument. Insulting is rude, and uncalled for, especially since I granted you a happy birthday!

"sponge bob is a piece of writing. this should be enough proof to down size all your points. you keep insisting that things can not be a sin but in writing you can do what ever you want if you want a bird that represents the earths core you can make it, if you want a character (who is a piece of writing) who represents a deadly sin you can have him be a deadly sin. "

Before I even point out his horrible grammar, and explain how this sentance makes no sense whatsoever, I will refute. Spongebob is a fictional character, not a piece of writing. You claim that he is a sin because he can be anything. However, you never proved he is a sin, you only explained how it is a possibility. So, you proved nothing.
Spongebob is a sea sponge. "SpongeBob SquarePants is an energetic and optimistic sea sponge" [1] See, a sea sponge, not a sin. You cannot be 2 different things. That is like saying I am a cow, and human. This is not possible.

So spongebob is a sea sponge, not a sin! Also, he commited no sin in the first place! Yet, my opponent still barely reads my argument, and drops it.

So spogebob didn't even commit the sin of lust, and furthermore he is a sponge. So, it is impossible for him to be a sin. As I said various times before,

I have no idea how many times I am going to need to repeat this for it to edge into my opponent's brain.

". sponge bob is a piece of writing. the only thing you have been doing is playing the word game. how about you play the debate game instead."

What makes you think you are playing the debate game? You are only assuming things, you have no proof, and you drop all my arguments. You also drop your BoP, you are a huge hypocrite. I am sticking to my part, and proving you wrong, this is debating. You are making false assumptions backed up by no proof, and accusing me of not debating.
This is not debating, this is being a whiny typer who can't admit he is wrong.

I would like to point out all the points dropped by my opponent.
  • Spongebob commited no sin
  • Being a sin is different from representing one
  • you need to prove all of the characters are sins, you still are missing over 3000
  • Understanding what lust is

And so, my opponent dropped almost all my points, had no proof, and insulted me after I wished them a happy birthday. I proved it is impossible for them to be the sin, whereas he made faulty assumptions backed up by no proof whatsoever.

Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
This was great. XD
Posted by Youth 2 years ago
Though Teemo may be playing the word game, the words that make up the debate play a significant role in the entire debate. Besides, no where in the title of the debate does it state that they represent the sin. They only commit the sin but are not the sin itself as the title suggests they are.
Posted by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
Honestly, with all the satanic symbolism in spongebob, this does not surprise me with some of the arguments, even if some [like gary and spongebob] are a stretch.

However, I think you should of worded the debate carefully, because it seems Teemo is going to keep playing the word game. Just reiterate that you are saying they each represent each sin. However, as Teemo pointed out, your spongebob argument for lust is very... meh.
Posted by Dynasty2468 2 years ago
You're insulting spongebob :(
Vote Placed by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro because Con used a picture with unnecessary profanity featured. I feel that I should report the argument featuring said picture, but I'll just settle for taking conduct off. Teemo showed early on that the characters themselves aren't the sins, they, most of them, just represent/commit the sins. I wear shirts, yet I am not a shirt. Pro should've been a little more specific with the resolution, if he had said the characters symbolized or represented the 7 deadly sins, then he would've had a case. Also, Pro's S&G was a little lacking with punctuation and proper capitalization. Further, Pro used no sources to back up his assertions that would've required sources.