JackBodene
SPENCERJOYAGE14

are people starting to eat other people?

SPENCERJOYAGE14

JackBodene

Con

i hope not
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Pro

Haii, I'd like to thank my opponent for initiating this debate. Because this debate doesn't have a resolutional analysis I'd like to bring one up so the voters can understand what style of debate this is.

There are three main types of debates: values debates, policy debates, and fact debates.

A value debate is simply a debate on a specific value. For example "National security should be valued above freedom of the press".

A policy debate has the word "should" in it that implies an action like, "The United States Federal Government should put a picture of chocolate milk on the front of the 100 dollar bill."

And last but not least a fact resolution is a resolution arguing the legitness of a statement. It is neither a value debate nor a policy debate which makes it a fact debate.

This debate resolution, "are people starting to eat other people?" is a fact debate because it isn't asking if eating human beings is right or wrong, and it isn't asking if eating people should be legalized.

Because this debate is a fact debate my opponent, who is con, will be arguing in their next round that people do not eat people in the status quo (as the world is) and I will be arguing in this next round that some people do eat people.

If I can prove within a shadow of a doubt that someone has eaten someone else recently I should win this debate and if my opponent can prove that people do not eat people they should win this debate.

Because I have showed that this is a fact debate and shown you, the reader, what my opponent and I must do to win this debate I will end this round by saying the famous quote by Dumbledore in the first Harry Potter book, "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!” With those words I now invite my opponent to present their case showing that people do not eat people.

JackBodene

Con

JackBodene forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Pro

Awe, it looks like my opponent forfeited. ...
JackBodene

Con

JackBodene forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Pro

Due to some unforeseen circumstances my opponent decided to forfeit this whole debate. Please vote for me.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
I hope you realize this isn't the walking dead, this isn't even Jamestown. It's America boi.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Why, that is a totally legitimate word.
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
I want vote down Pro for using the word "Haii" XD
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
JackBodeneSPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
JackBodeneSPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: like literally... no arguments from con... and forfeits, forfeits ehhreywhere