mineo72
red_x

are school uniforms good or bad

red_x
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

mineo72

Con

I think that uniforms are boring and are not helpful
red_x

Pro

Well for one thing school uniforms make everything more bland which in this case is good, you wouldn't be distracted by all the fancy clothing kids wear. Second uniforms would cut down on a lot of bullying, because everybody is wearing the same clothes if someone makes fun of your outfit they are at the same time making fun of theirs. Second it makes it way easier to make sure that people aren't being inappropriate with their clothes, like no bra and a see through shirt. It really makes it easier to pick clothes for school which would cut down on stress levels with teens.
mineo72

Con

Has any body told you nice shirt? I feels good but with uniforms everybody looks boring so you can't say nice shirt because everybody is wearing the same shirt. Also bland is not good or fun.
red_x

Pro

Nobody has told me nice shirt because I usually wear the same kind of clothes. It cuts down on my stress level and makes it easier for me to get ready in the morning. With Uniforms they can be changed yearly or every half a year. If people are getting bored of the same old uniform they can put a petition together to change it. Not only does it make everybody look like a team it also saves money on clothe expenses for the parents of the child. Its a win-win all around. Parents save money, school saves from innapropriate clothes, and teens save on bullying
mineo72

Con

If it saves parents money why is the average cost of uniforms is $249. well 1 T-shirt, 1 pair of pants, and shoes are approximately $90 and the don't help as much as teachers say they do and here is proof http://www.statisticbrain.com... I Found it in 30 sec Also uniforms wont stop all bullying. also you chose what you wear so I don't care what you wear. you do you
red_x

Pro

It will stop bullying to a certain point, and the clothes don't cost that much unless you go to a private school,public schools don't charge that much. And did you read all the way or only skim because I found all this. Whichproves that uniforms have more of a purpose than only being bland and awful for students.

Long Beach, CA implemented uniforms in 1995 and reported the following results
Long Beach Uniform Statistics Data
Overall, the crime rate dropped by 91 %
School suspensions dropped by 90 %
Sex offenses were reduced by 96 %
Incidents of vandalism went down 69 %
Assaults in grades K-8 decreased by 85 %
Norfolk, VA implemented uniforms in 1995 and reported the following results
Long Beach Uniform Statistics Data
Leaving class without permission dropped by 47 %
Throwing objects dropped by 68 %
Fighting dropped by 38 %
Posted by Dpowell 1 year ago
Dpowell
Complete RFD.

I voted for Pro because he gave better arguments. While both contenders gave their opinions, only Pro explained why he supported school uniforms. Though Con did provide some evidence to support his claims, it turned out he didn't read through his source. Pro pointed that out by presenting evidence that supports Pro's claim more than not from the given source. So, Pro did a better job at arguing and defending his point.
Vote Placed by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
mineo72red_x
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: CON contends that uniforms are not helpful, do not receive compliments, cost too much and does not reduce bullying. PRO rebuts uniforms create a team atmosphere, reduces stress over clothing choices, save money and reduces bullying. Debate to PRO; he uses CON source against him to give weight to his rebuttals.