T-Fame585
Piccini

are vampires real

Piccini
Started: 7/9/2013 Category: News

T-Fame585

Pro

I believe that vampires are real because if vampires weren't real at one point how would they even get the idea. People just don't get and idea from mid air they have to see something, for example somebody probably saw someone suck someone else s blood and named the blood sucker a vampire and that is what i think. I don't care what other people think i care about what me my self and I think.
Piccini

Con

Hello, I will be defending that vampires are not real, and that they were created as a tale just like many other mythological or folkloric creatures. But to do so, I must ask my opponent to clarify what is he calling a vampire. Is it any kind of undead/supernatural creature which feeds on blood, or are we debating over a specific kind of vampire? Would you please be as specific as possible on that?
T-Fame585

Pro

T-Fame585 forfeited this round.
Piccini

Con

I am very sad that my opponent forfeited the second round. But as I am a new member, I will argue alone, for the sake of practice.

I would like to use this second round to address the argument that "people just don't get and idea from mid air". Although I think it is indeed possible for ideas to flourish without a physical fact to nourish them, I would rather show some existent and medically understood conditions that may, in the past, have accounted for early reports of vampires. [1]

The first candidate for "vampire-disease" is Porphyria[2]. It actually refers to a group of rare conditions that affect the blood and that may cause various "vampire" symptoms. For example, people with this condition may be sensitive to sunlight, having to go out only at night, and are normally very pale. Also, it is believed that this disease used to be treated by drinking blood (which didn't help the patients, as the blood proteins did not survive digestion). Finally, it may cause hallucinations and paranoia, resulting in an "erratic behavior".

Another candidate is catalepsy [3]. It is a condition associated with central nervous system diseases, such as epilepsy and schizophrenia. During a cataleptic episode, a person essentially freezes up: The muscles become rigid, so that the body is very stiff, and the heart rate and respiration slow down. Someone suffering from acute catalepsy could very well be mistaken for a corpse. It is believed that many "undead" myths might have origin in this condition, for catalepsy episodes may last many hours, even days, which would allow enough time for a burial. When the person came to, he or she might have been able to dig themselves out and wander around as "resurrected".

I hope PRO will return for the next rounds of this debate, otherwise I really can't see why he started it in the first place, and present some better arguments on why would vampires be real.

References:
[1] http://science.howstuffworks.com...
[2] http://www.porphyriafoundation.com...
[3] http://www.medterms.com...
T-Fame585

Pro

T-Fame585 forfeited this round.
Piccini

Con

Well, my opponent has forfeited yet another round. I don't have the time to do that now, nor the need as he has forfeited, but even if he forfeits again I intend to return to round 4 and present new arguments.
T-Fame585

Pro

T-Fame585 forfeited this round.
Piccini

Con

Well, my opponent has forfeited yet another round. I know I have said I would present new arguments, but I have become really demotivated with 3 consecutive forfeits. I will just wait for the debate to finish.
T-Fame585

Pro

T-Fame585 forfeited this round.
Piccini

Con

Debate finished and not a single argument was made by Pro. I believe I won, but I would rather have actually debated this. Thank you to anyone who votes, shame on Pro that started a debate and then forfeited every round.
Posted by annascat123 2 years ago
annascat123
I'm sorry to say this, oh wait, No I'm not, We vampires are real, just cause Hollywood makes us look like "undead things of the night" doesn't mean we are. We can actually go into the sun and we can actually eat human food because guess what! we are humans but we are a different race of human. like I said on the other things I've been commenting on. We aren't how we seem. We do need blood, but we don't drain someone of it. Call me crazy but its true we don't. We need to eat too though because if we didn't we can't just live on blood alone because of the fact that if we even tried we would die because of the lack of nutrient, we gotta have a balance die of water and food from all five food groups just like you guys. Most vampires don't even know that they are a vampire because of the fact that no one was able to tell them or that no one was able to find out that they are what they are. We can go hours, days, weeks, months, even years without drinking blood, and that is because of the fact we are 100% human. Well I'll go I don't care if you call me crazy bye bye XD
Posted by bobstacle 4 years ago
bobstacle
Are Vampires real?

No.
Posted by watevas808 4 years ago
watevas808
Lol @flipbook. the question is are vampires real?not do you have imagination.
Posted by dashy654 4 years ago
dashy654
Haha, I don't care what anyone thinks, only me myself and I.... well then.... don't... debate?
Posted by Flipbook 4 years ago
Flipbook
Have you even heard of imagination. Twilight isn't a biography!
Posted by watevas808 4 years ago
watevas808
There are so many different types of vampires. Although, most definitions would mention them as folklore so I would believe they are. Anyone can drink human blood from someone but no one can be a vampire.
Posted by xXCryptoXx 4 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Lol, pro actually hit the origins of the ideology of the vampire head on in round 1.
Posted by Noctan 4 years ago
Noctan
This really seems like a troll...people get ideas and make mythological creatures all the time. Such as unicorns, Cyclops, dragons, etc. The same thing obviously happened with vampires, they were made up.
Vote Placed by Themoderate 4 years ago
Themoderate
T-Fame585PicciniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited