msOsman
mishapqueen

are you happy to be a girl?

mishapqueen

msOsman

Con

why I'm not happy to be a girl... before I start no one can judge me and this my own thought and is not based on other people. first PERIODS every week of the month we have the worst week ever. this effects everything! where we go our thoughts. sometimes we just want to stay in bed that means sometimes we miss school or work. and if we cant we have the worst day ever. girls are mostly relive sexism. this means the things they can do is and if they want to do something 'BOYISH' they get judged. mostly girls are incarnate of household work like cleaning looking after children ext. in most. women have to face being pregnant but men can just have as many children as they want without facing any pain. girls are mostly and have to worry about makeup and impressing guys. men are more valued in my eyes. girls also have to wrry about having a good figure when men dont get judged about that.men have the right to ask a women to go out with her or marry her but we have to sit and wait around for men. all I have to say and once again this is my own onions.
mishapqueen

Pro

My opponent is definitely entitled to view life as a girl this way, but it is not enjoyable. The above paragraph is basically pointing out all the negative aspects of life as a female. True, there are physical disadvantages, but in my experience, they are outweighed by the advantages. As to the disadvantages listed above, in my opinion are exaggerated. For me, the "worst week ever" is merely inconvenient, not paralyzing. As to the judgement for behaving like a boy, boys also get judged for behaving like girls, so it goes both ways. Pregnancy definitely is risky and painful, but no man will be able to experience the miracle of life growing inside of him. It has worthwhile results and in my opinion, pregnant women look so beautiful.
Whether or not a girl tries to impress guys is her decision, no one is forcing her to be a certain way. I personally do not wear make up and my usual wardrobe is a loose t-shirt and a tiered jean skirt that is really full. It is not frumpy, but it is not intended to impress men. If a girl feels pressure from a boyfriend or girlfriend to be a certain way, in my opinion, they are not real friends for who she really is. If they are shallow enough to make them look a certain way or else, those friends are not worth two cents. The same thing about her figure. Whether or not she worries about it is entirely her own choice.
As to men asking girls to marry them, I hear men appreciate things they have to work for. A man should prove his worth to a girl by working to impress her. Then, he should win her heart and then ask her to marry her.
As you can see, I'm pretty old-fashioned. I am that way because it worked well before and is so much more romantic.

A few of the advantages of being a girl are as follows.
Girls can ask strapping young men to carry heavy items without being judged for weakness.
Men often open doors for young ladies.
Women have more options; they can either stay home with the kids or go to work.
While there are physical disadvantages to being a woman, there are also physical advantages.
Women can get out of nasty chores simply by "sucking up" to a man's strength. (Not recommending laziness though)
Men often lend women coats.
Women have a lot of influence over men.
The list goes on and on.

I agree with Con that these are all based on my personal experience and I am entitled to my viewpoint. Life is not perfect as a young lady, but it is really awesome.
msOsman

Con

msOsman forfeited this round.
mishapqueen

Pro

I extend my argument that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of femininity. I will await further argumentation.
msOsman

Con

msOsman forfeited this round.
mishapqueen

Pro

Since I have no opposing arguments to respond to, I will simply spend this time waxing eloquent on how much I love being a girl.

I love wearing swishy skirts that I could trip on, because it just makes me feel so girly and feminine. I love wearing jewelry and pretty clothes just to feel pretty. I like trying to be creative with my hairstyle.

I love to be treated like a lady. I get it a lot, but it never gets old. When a man opens the door for me, I feel so honored that he went to that effort.

I love the fact that I have a wonderful dad who will protect me as long as I let him.

I really love when I read the Bible seeing how much God loves women; how special they are to him.

I love having the option of either getting a job, or staying at home. I like how I can stay home as long as I like.

True, girls should not abuse the chivalry of men for their own gain, or be overly vain.
I should not find ways to order guys around so they can wait on me hand and foot. But if out the kindness of his heart, a man opens a door for me, then I should be sure to thank him with equal politeness.

I don't need to think excessively over my appearance, but I can rejoice in my femininity and look beautiful for my dad. If there's any guy I want to impress out there, it's my dad. He is so amazing, I think he has been a great influence in my appreciation of my girlishness.

I'm not a wimp though, I can deal with blood, pain, etc. I can do what is called for without shirking, Thank you parents, for teaching me to embrace who I am, and teaching me to be strong.
msOsman

Con

msOsman forfeited this round.
mishapqueen

Pro

I continue to extend my arguments. I am still quite happy to be a girl. I was hoping for a little more clash, though.......
msOsman

Con

msOsman forfeited this round.
mishapqueen

Pro

I extend my arguments for the last time. The benefits of being a girl greatly outweigh the cost. I am very glad I was made a girl.

Thank you for taking the time to read such a boring debate round. I appreciate your effort. I regret we were unable to give you a better round. Thank you!

---Mishapqueen
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
I think part of it also has to do with sexism. The media is sexist and stereotypes both genders. I noticed a lot of misconceptions of girls, but guys as well. I heard a girl in class say "all guys care about is playing sports, working out, and being cool.." lol, that had me facepalm. Every guy is different and i can say that many guys don't care about sports or looking cool (with the exception of some). I certainly don't care about working out and getting muscle unless it's for a good reason whether to benefit the world or for a game. I'm more concerned with my spirituality and intellect plus other things.

Guys have this thing where they have to prove their manliness cuz the media expects them to, when they're already men. Whoever said "men don't cry" is wrong because men do cry. Some might hide it very well but it's only a defense mechanism. Lol i'm thinking of starting "are you happy to be a guy?"
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
lol nope, she never did
Posted by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
I wonder if she will ever respond........
Posted by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
I would love to debate you on this point. I'm rather busy, so I may not be able to do this until Friday, but I really want to debate this with you! Sorry for the wait, and I hope it is OK.
Vote Placed by carriead20 2 years ago
carriead20
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Terrible grammar, read con's round 1 seriously. Pro definitely made better arguments than con.
Vote Placed by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit... and cry me a river.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff.
Vote Placed by Martley 2 years ago
Martley
msOsmanmishapqueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con FF, Pro gets the points.