lord_megatron
moaad2

art is useful outside career field

lord_megatron
Started: 5/9/2016 Category: Arts

lord_megatron

Con

Art lacks practical uses and isn't required by someone who doesn't work in the arts field. Agree or disagree?
moaad2

Pro

I do not agree, art was not practised by earlier generations of humans as a "career", it was practised to express feelings and opinions as well as represent and write history. Fro 18-20 century art and music was very popular, some artists mastered art so well visitors would cry because it was vivid or expressed feelings of sadness or betrayal.
lord_megatron

Con

Exactly. Outside the career field, there isn't much use of art today. As you said so, visitors cried due to the feelings expressed by art even though they didn't do art, so that rules out the use of art to a critic. 18-20 century art was popular because there were good artists that did good work. But suppose if I make one of trashy paintings or video clips, what sue will it be to me? Unless I have the skill, art is not useful for me. And if I have the skill, I would make it my career field or develop my skills by choosing it as a career field. For non-artistic people, art has no significant use in their life.
moaad2

Pro

Perhaps you indeed have a point, although in the modern world, art is meaningless to some. But art is still a hobbie and you do not need the skills to master it or even give it a try.
lord_megatron

Con

To summarize, Pro hasn't provide a strong rebuttal point, and has failed to give a reason as to art's usefulness outside a career field. As for a hobby, a hobby isn't very useful or practical, and art is just a waste of time. Art doesn't relieve stress either, it requires more concentration to do art properly and can be tiresome. Please vote for me.
moaad2

Pro

moaad2 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Adam_Godzilla 1 year ago
Adam_Godzilla
lord_megatronmoaad2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by pro