Arts Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Brewing is an art form

Ozzyhead

There is no set structure. Just either start debating my points made in round one, or point out, without refuting my points, why brewing is not art. I will respond respectfully.This is also my 100th debate. I am happy to reach this milestone in less than a year._________________________________________________________________Brewing beer is a form of art. It is done by people doing very unique things when brewing. Although there are macro, factory brewed...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

This love poem is full of brilliant metaphorical imagery

shakuntala
Burls

This love poem is full of brilliant metaphorical imagery - http://www.scribd.com/doc/240303279/Marwa-and-Al-Majnun-Al-Faransi-erotic-poetry example "Oh beloved thy lover around that mole black upon the cheek of thee doth circle with my eyes doth long to circle with the tongue of I around that single point on thy cheek be the centre fromst which I trace out with tongues tip the circumference of that single pointed mole black" there is the surface meaning but also a hiddein meaning to the...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Art Critique Debate! (Not Drawing Competition)

Ajabi
FaustianJustice

This is an Art Debate. Though not your or my art, well it could be, but not necessarily. We need to post one piece of art in each round, and give a brief explanation of why we find it so very impressive. We will give some details, and some basic critique as to why our piece of art is superior. This debate has a lot to do with the piece of art, but the level of critique and the reasons for admiration should also be taken into account. The first round is for acceptance only. Only those whos...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

Can Graffiti be considered art?

JLongo
TalosWolf

Graffiti is an art. It is a form of expression in a physical form that is beautiful. There are exceptions such as gov't buildings but I am talking about Graffiti in general. The definition of art is "the production or expression of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance." Based on this definition, Graffiti is an art form....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

The Arts should not be the first group of activities cut after budget cuts

ViettaB
anthonyb43

When the board of schools realize they have come across budget cuts, their first idea is to cut the Arts. Whether they mean the music clubs AND classes, Drama/Theater, visual art, or all of the above. To school officials, sports never cross their minds. Why not though? Sports cost hundreds of dollars a year in some places. In my high school, the more popular sports like football and cheerleading buy new uniforms every year. Most of the time it is not because they are old or no longer wearabl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Live Theater is the greatest form of the performing arts.

Cpu502
LetsKeepItCivil

Live Theater is the greatest form of the performing arts. Performing arts are defined as: forms of creative activity that are shown in front of an audience, such as drama, music, and dance. This includes screened arts, being movie and television series. Live theater includes spoken and musical theater, but does not include cabarets, variety shows or screened arts. First round is acceptance. Second round is opening statements- No rebuttal. Third round is rebuttal- No new arguments...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

This poem captures the notion of the holy

shakuntala
Max.Wallace

I argue that his poem captures the notion of the holy http://www.scribd.com/doc/238955585/The-holy-erotic-poetry...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Art Challenge (2/2)

NiamC
BlackRobin168

Ok. This is the second of the last two art challenges that I will be able to do...Any theme is allowedNo digital art or eting is allowed.Any media shall be allowed.The art pieces can be any size. Each side shall present two art pieces. One piece for each round (r2 &r3)First round is acceptance.The art pieces have to be of your own creation and yours only.

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Art Challenge (1/2)

NiamC
Brendan_Liam

Ok. This is one of the last two art challenges that I will be able to do...The theme will be PEOPLE(S).No digital art or editing is allowed.Any media shall be allowed.The art pieces can be any size. Each side shall present two art pieces. One piece for each round (r2 &r3)First round is acceptance.The art pieces have to be of your own creation and yours only.Good luck. ...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Cake is better than pie.

AlwaysGraceful
dynamicduodebaters

Cake is better. There are more varieties. With pie you really only have fruit flavors. With cake you can do so much more. You can have fruit flavors and to addition have different types of icing, filling, topping, etc....

30 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago