Arts Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is marching band harder than concert band

22powersar1

Marching band is harder than concert band because it is physical exceration and memorisation of every thing you have to do and this is coming from a first year in marching band and a 3rd year in concert band. I was with the DCMB this past summer and this is our info Year 2017 Director Jacob Crossley Assistant Directors Noah Leininger, Jeff Maupin Auxiliary Director Andre Williams Additional Staff Chris Crowder, Audrey Cuellar, Chris Frick, Evan Fyfe, Adam Ruble, Randall Standridge Drum Majo...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Nursey Rhyme Rap Battle

Perussi
Danielle

This is going to be a rap battle based off of nursery rhymes. The raps will be based off of them. You can only base them of rhymes from this page: http://www.nurseryrhymes.org/nursery-rhymes.html , to avoid sematics or whatever. If it isn't on there don't use it. So.... this is pretty self explanatory. First round is acceptance so you'll see what i mean in round 2. Only refer and base your rap off of one per round. Voters, if one of us breaks a rule vote-nuke the one who did so. I set a...

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Music = Language?

TeenDebater0236
HellishPanda

First off, I would like to say that I am a musician. Second, the famous comment, "Music is a language", sparked my curiosity, which led to my research. I have come to the conclusion that in literal terms, Music is not a language. Please state why you think it is and I will answer....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

I, MASTERDRAVE, am the best there ever was AND ever will be.

masterdrave
PowerPikachu21

ALRIGHT FOLKS, I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! After my lengthy hiatus I'm finally back where I belong - on this glorious website to expose more 12-year-old trolls and cripple further virgins.GOD this will be FUN. Will anyone dare challenge me? Haha, of course not. Everyone on this pathetic home base for "free thought" is naught more t...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Papa Perussi vs. NDECD1441 -- Scale Rap Battle #2 Torney Quarterfinals

Perussi
NDECD1441

Let's do it....

Voting Period
64 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The 1960's was the best decade for music

QandA
BMyers

I will argue that the 1960's was the best decade for music in terms of song quality, music longevity etc. First round is for acceptance only followed by rounds of back and forth arguments. Con may present their arguments whatever angle they chose, this is just a bit of fun!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Contemporary Art is becoming more perverse and repulsive than the art of previous eras.

joseph997
Darmas

In my opinion, art of the modern era is becoming far less beautiful and marvelous and instead increasingly disturbing. Much of what is considered art today is no longer something to be appraised, but instead what could be labeled downright repulsive. It seems to some that much of the contemporary art is putting up a proverbial middle finger to the traditions and standards of artists of the passed. Over the passed few decades, there has been an increase in art that includes pornographic images th...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

The Trojans were the "good guys" of the Iliad

Phenenas
Aleoz

I'm looking for an opponent familiar with the story of The Iliad. Whether you've read it cover to cover, remember exposure to it from school, watched Troy, or even just read the Wikipedia summary is all fine by me. If you would like to accept, please say so in the comments, as I'm fed up with trolls and forfeiters. As Pro, I will be arguing that in Homer's epic, the Trojans, who serve as the antagonists of the story, are the real "good guys", with more sympathetic characters and a more unders...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Video Games (yes) Board Games (no)

ThatAwesomeGuyOwen
Kaladin25

Video Games all the way! Video games are way better! The reason I think that is because people play a lot more video games than board games. Board games are just dumb!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Rap Battle

Forever23
TheDragon5

1st Round is Acceptance Only ;) Rounds 2,3,4 are for rap...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago