Arts Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The arts are not relevant to society

minddrag

The arts are defined as music, art or drama. There are many different campaigns all around schools that we see on a daily basis. About two weeks ago there was a campaign called we are silent. The purpose was to raise awareness for people in countries whose voices are not heard.. We live in America and are very blessed to have the right to speak our mind. But what side pro is saying goes against all of this. The arts are a way of expressing one"s thoughts and emotions. Side pro is saying that a...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

All Schools Should Make it a Requirement to be Able to Teach Arts and Music to Their Students

Briannj17
moneystacker

While many schools are stopping the art programs such as music, drama and art it is my belief that we shouldn't stop giving students the option to take these classes at school. It is therefore my belief that "Schools should make it a requirement to teach arts and music to their students" Definitions School: an institution for educating children. https://www.google.ca/search?q=schools&oq=schools&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1519j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=school+define Should: used...

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Darth Vader vs General Grievous

Ariesx
FreckledSatan

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense I will be defending the fact that Darth Vader would destroy General Grievous, while Con defends Grievous....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Bach vs Handel

JohanSebastianBach165
Forever23

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) is one of the great composers in Western musical history. He was born in Eisenach, Germany, into a family of working musicians. In 1695, when he was just nine years old, his parents died and he was sent to live with his brother, Johann Christoph, an organist. Whilst living with his brother he learnt the keyboard and studied composition on his own. He worked as an organist, then as a court composer at C"then (now K"then) and then as musical director at St Thom...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Mental Health Has Affected All Great Works of Art Throughout History

bowsher37
bobfitzgerald

I think all artists who have a mental health condition allow it to influence their life's work, whether by accident or in a deliberate, therapeutic way. This has been seen throughout history with Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali etc....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The recent Oscars issue is not about racism

Zigzag15
DiligentZero

I will argue that the recent Oscars issue is not about racism specifically towards black actors/actresses. Racism - poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race : the belief that some races of people are better than others R1-Accept and intro...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Music Battle

tejretics
Subutai

This is a "music battle," where each debater puts their selected songs or pieces of music, and the judges post RFD's on who has the the most beautiful music. There must only be one piece/song per round, and debaters are free to say a few words on why they think their song is great. Debaters are also welcome to comment on why they like/dislike their opponent's piece, or anything relating to their opponent's pieces. In each round (except this one), debaters must (1) post a link to their song, (2)...

14 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Tattoos being viewed negatively.

Nickflanagan
Ariesx

I believe that tattoos are currently viewed negatively, but here are some reasons why I believe that should not be so. Viewing a tattoo negatively says more about the person viewing, than it does about the person with the tattoo. If you look at a tattoo from the perspective of "tattoos are trashy" then you will be accompanied by corresponding negative thoughts. I believe that judging a person based upon their physical appearance is a poor way to approach life. Personally, I have many tattoos.. O...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Dance (Ballet) is a sport

Alanna.Kologey
Briannj17

R1 is for accepting. R2 opening argument R3 rebuttal R4 rebuttal R5 Closing statement...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should museums be free for teenagers

dbruik
fire_wings

I have to discuss this at school and i beed some arguments, bith cor and against Thanks for helping...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago