Arts Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Beloved classic children's books being made into hollywood movies

AnthonyH
alysonreid

Disclaimer: This is my first debate (on this website). I did a formal debate once at school, so I am aware that there are certain rules/etiquette, but otherwise I'm pretty clueless about how to go about this or how best to use this website. Anyway here goes... It saddens me when I hear that yet another famous classic children's book is being made into yet another hollywood blockbuster movie. It is a well-known and very evident fact that movies fall short (sometimes hard on their faces) wh...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Are Fine Arts actually useful in real life?

bobosmith01
SampleDebater

Anyone who knows me knows that I love listening to music, seeing art, etc. It makes me go "wow" anytime I sense a lovely piece. But, it's not really accomplishing anything, is it? I want people to decide. Is simple entertainment useful? Is it even entertainment?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

waffles or cancer

wafflelover1
RemakeTheWorld

waffles are a cure to cancer...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

is Graffiti Art?

chloebits
ankitkarn

Is Graffiti Art? Yes, it is. Grafitti is art and it takes time, patience and artistic skill. It kills time and even though it is against the law and it damages buildings, you can buy a building or highway and do it there and you are doing it to your property. Still not enough reasons. It is cool and gives people something to look at....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Womens rights

JCliss71
woman4life

Women are so inferior to men. Nuff said....

9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is Graffiti art?

selena16
segregory

Many people just put a dot, line or splatter paint on a paper they are called artist; when the people who show real talent and good detail on a different canvas, are called criminals. art is not just something put on a paper it is the reflection of the person creating it, art is something that come from within, not just a simple line or dot. It is a feeling, no one can show how you feel through what they do better than you can. Graffiti- Street art Graffiti has been around since prehistoric...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Intellectual property rights stifle innovation

thefly50
Gangsta_Bob

"Intellectual property" is an umbrella term for things such as copyright (the right to monopoly on the publication of one's artistic works), patents (the right to monopoly on one's inventions), trademarks (the right to monopoly on one's products' identifying signs, designs and expressions), and more. They were introduced as legal concepts for the purpose of encouraging innovation. I'd like to argue that they have an inverse effect. The debate's structure: -Round 1: General information on the...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Who can write the best short story?

HungryBoot
brontoraptor

Hello. Here is my story. Try to top this story. I know you can. Come… and Eat Rice A Short Comedic Story filled with Cliché Lines “No. It didn’t have to end this way. I believed in you. What have you become?...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Yo mamma smack down

NoCoolNameNate
AsianInvasion

We disagreed on a debate resolution and I feel that this is the only way to resolve this issue. You can lay down 3 jokes per round. The first round is for acceptance only. Thank you!...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

What kind of people are worst for society?

Arnold_Benjaman
brontoraptor

We will vote for who is worse for society, Pro is black people, Con is Muslims. I will begin my statement once someone accepts...

3 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago