lbpolyhs
Furyan5

atheism is a religion

Furyan5

lbpolyhs

Con

Okay so you stated in a previous argument about atheism having a god, and worshiping temples, and holy books. I think that you are making up these things to and get your point across. I believe in order to be a good debater you need to step out of your big box of opinion and try to see things with open eyes.
Furyan5

Pro

I propose that Logos exists but wishes humanity to believe he doesn't. Therefore the followers of Logic do not realise they are practicing a religion. This can be shown by the similarities in practices and behaviour of Logicals and other religions. I would ask that this debate be based on fact and not personal beliefs.

Good luck to Pro.
lbpolyhs

Con

lbpolyhs forfeited this round.
Furyan5

Pro

My opponant has not responded. To keep things fair I concede this round.
lbpolyhs

Con

lbpolyhs forfeited this round.
Furyan5

Pro

I apologise to anyone viewing this debate. It would seem that an atheists bark is far worse than his bite.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
Lol yeah. You can read a philosphy book and imagine its a bed time story.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I will sleep.. Pure nature...Nothing else..
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
Lol ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Atheism is not a religion..There is no god and no believe..It is simple...
Posted by DarwinBulldog 1 year ago
DarwinBulldog
If I was a real person I'd kick your butt right now! lol
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
Ummm. I never claimed it would. I used to be a good, honest, hard working, etc etc atheist. Now I am a happier, good, honest, hardworking, etc etc agnostic. I believe that keeping this knowledge to myself is selfish so I want to share it with one person. I'm waiting for that one person to arrive. I have said this repeatedly throughout the forum. I have no problem with you believing whatever your logic dictates.
Posted by Dragourfer 1 year ago
Dragourfer
First, a good intellectual debate can be entertaining. Second, I found this debate topic just interesting enough to join the conversation. Third, like I stated earlier, the terms we are discussing here are perfectly well define, so why try to change them?

So, if Atheism was redefined (for some very odd reason) as a"religion", nothing would change at all. atheist would still: Not believe in any of the 1000's of Gods mankind has claimed to exist, not have ANY of our own Gods, not go to Any churches of Any kind, Not have regular meetings, Not give our hard-earned money to Money-Grubbing Christians, and not offer ANY prayers to any invisible, supernatural beings. Seriously, absolutely NOTHING would change. Which makes this particular debate frivolous.

Also what would NOT change, is that Atheist would Continue to be good, honest, hard-working, productive, charitable, members of our human societies.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
True. Definitions will stand. Your beliefs won't change. So why all this animosity? Because I said you follow Satan? According to you, Satan doesn't exist. Your reactions are illogical. What does the ramblings of a crazy old man matter? Explain please.
Posted by Dragourfer 1 year ago
Dragourfer
A very odd response indeed Furyan5. You have quite a talent for Not responding to any of the main points brought up herein. But that's fine, I'm very used to religious apologist not responding to direct questions, and/or twisting the meaning to fit their agenda.

If you, for some reason, need to claim that a person that simply does not believe an extraordinary religious claim has "A belief". Okay, but what's your point? I mean, frame it any way you like. It still comes out Exactly the same in the end; which is: "We simply don't believe in ANY of man's Outrageous, Extraordinary religious claims".

As for the topic of this frivolous debate, the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Atheism and Religion will be Exactly the same when it's over, as they were yesterday and today.
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
@ Furyan5

What "negative belief" are you interpreting from what he typed?

Why are you equating *any* belief with religious belief? You are conflating belief and religion.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
lbpolyhsFuryan5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit by Con; Conduct to Pro. S/G was even. Pro's arguments did not support the resolution, so no arguments were presented for either side. Arguments are a tie. No sources.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 1 year ago
johnlubba
lbpolyhsFuryan5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to rebuttal Pro's arguments and forfeited his final rounds. Arguments to Pro.