atheism is a theism, belief to the contrary

theism is atheism

The Encyclopedia of Philosophy has an article pertaining to a religion, which I will list in the sources below. It lists some of the characteristics of religion, none of which pertain to atheism.

1. Belief in supernatural beings (gods).
2. A distinction between sacred and profane objects.
3. Ritual acts focused on sacred objects.
4. A moral code believed to be sanctioned by the gods.
5. Characteristically religious feelings (awe, sense of mystery, sense of guilt, adoration), which tend to be aroused in the presence of sacred objects and during the practice of ritual, and which are connected in idea with the gods.
6. Prayer and other forms of communication with gods.
7. A world view, or a general picture of the world as a whole and the place of the individual therein. This picture contains some specification of an over-all purpose or point of the world and an indication of how the individual fits into it.
8. A more or less total organization of one's life based on the world view.
9. A social group bound together by the above.

Now, atheism is defined as the belief that there are no gods.

Wait, you say, BELIEF!

You can believe in something without it being a religion. For instance, I believe that the Warriors series of novels is a good book series. However, do I do any of the things above? Do any of the things above pertain to my belief that Warriors is a good book series?

The same applies to atheism.

See you in Round 2.

Forgive me if I post the wrong article.

belief is theism, atheism is disbelief, disbelief is belief, atheism is theism, negative is antipositive

your oppinion is your oppinion, good can be a subjective term. do you believe, that your oppinion, is that the warrior series is good? or is your oppinion that its a good series?

i dont understand your point..

belief that there are no gods is belief to the contrary

My point is, it doesn't take religion to believe something. Atheism also does not follow the other characteristics of religion.

believing something is religion, without this religion can not exist

if you believe that i am not wearing a hat right now and you are pissed about me claiming it what is your justified arguments? you have none, as you dont know is true, just like the theist

Do I need to keep saying this? Your argument is:

If you believe something then it is a religion.

But atheism DOES NOT fall under the other characteristics of religion.

One of them being the belief in a god. Atheism is the opposite.

There is no distinction between sacred and profane objects with atheists.

We don't perform ritual acts.

We don't follow a moral code we believe to be sanctioned by the gods.

We don't feel characteristically religious feelings, and we don't perform religious acts.

We don't pray.

(Okay, 7 makes no sense. Everyone has a world view regardless of religion. So does 8.)

Yes, I suppose we have a "social group", but there is a majority here.

religion is belief, belief is theism

atheism is belief to the contrary based on a different religion, therfore atheism is theism, theism is atheism by default

Are you even listening to what I am saying? I'll restate my argument one more time.

One does not need religion to believe something, and atheism does not fall under any of the other characteristics of religion.

(Also, please use proper spelling and grammar. It helps you a lot in the voter's eyes.)

belief is religion, religion can not exist without belief in something..

belief=theism=yes position
i accept i dont know=agnostic=maybe

only 3 positions exist on any imaginary claim

atheism, is A theism, like a rock

atheism=a theism to the contrary

any belief is belief in god, god is information, beliefs are false, religion is false, belief is religion.

So I believe in the fictional gods of the Warriors series because I believe that it is a good book series? No, I don't.

You saw my argument the last 4 rounds and I'm not restating it again.

Vote Con.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
forgot to mention god=information

in round 2
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
Oden says that he will destroy all the ice giants on earth, so do you see any ice giants, therefor Oden must exist.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
disbelief is belief to the contrary, so any counter position of belief to my theism is atheism, if i am a theist..
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
christians are atheists to Thor and odin, becasue they believe their god is true ergo Thor and odin can not have created everything, so you will hear arguments for the bible if a christian met a Nordic god believer
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
why disbelieve, and now comes theism.. Scientific arguments mostly
Posted by Masada 1 year ago
Theism: the belief that God exists or that many gods exist
Atheism: a disbelief in the existence of deity

Therefore, your assertions reads:
"The disbelief in the existence of a deity, is a belief that a Deity exists"

This is nonsensical and easily refuted. I think what you really want to assert is that Atheism is a belief.
This is usually presented as the first step of a 3-step attack,
1. Atheism is a Belief
2. You can not prove that said Belief is correct
3. Since both Theism and Atheism are Beliefs, and since neither can prove that they are correct, both sets of Beliefs are on equal logical footing.

The fallacy here should be obvious; using this reasoning then the belief in leprechauns and invisible pink unicorns is on equal logical footing as the disbelief in such assertions.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
you cant believe to the contrary if there is no believer to begin with
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
they are opposite positions but both theism, and theism by default is theism to the contrary
Posted by Blazzered 1 year ago
Are you debating that theism and atheism are the same?