vi_spex
random.randit

atheism is disbelief

vi_spex

Pro

belief that there is a god is as valid as belief that there is no god, they invalidate them selves

agnostic=Maybe position

i am showing 3 fingers behind my back, is that true? a believer says yes, a disbeliever says no, and an agnostic says maybe
random.randit

Con

Ok, you have 3 fingers behind your back. A believer says it's true. An athiest would look at all of the facts, and make a decision that no you do not have 3 fingers behind your back. An agnostic would look at all of the facts and be unable to reach a conclusion.
Athiesm is not disbelief, but a belief in facts and evidence. Theism is faith. It does not require evidence and is down to your personal opinion.
vi_spex

Pro

an agnostic can still guess

you seam to be missing the obvius here, no one but me knows how many fingers im showing behind my back

belief in science is theism, science is the religion of mechanical technology.. muslims disbelieve christianity, and christianins disbelieve islam
random.randit

Con

Theism - 'belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe' - the dictionary. Theism is the belief in God(s). Not science. The vast majority of atheists also believe in science - science can not be proven, so it is belief - but not the same belief that theists have.

Yes, only you know how many fingers you have behind your back, just like how only God knows if God exists. I choose to believe that you have 3 fingers behind your back just like how I choose to believe that God is real. Atheists choose to believe that you have a different number of fingers behind your back. They choose to believe that God does not exist. These are all beliefs, so atheists do believe - but in a different way to theists
vi_spex

Pro

belief=theism=yes position
disbelief=atheism=no position

belief=belief
random.randit

Con

Belief in God = theism
Believe in science = atheism
Atheism is just a belief in a different thing to theism
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: ChadIrvin// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: I came into this debate (voting) with the intention of being entertained. Neither "pro" nor "con" convinced me to sway either way. "Con"had better spelling and grammar and had a slightly better convincing argument.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to explain all point allocations. Merely restating the decision and explaining that neither side did a great job of swaying them is not sufficient.
***********************************************************************
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i mean once you realize i can just regrow them, ye, no problem there
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i of course will grow them back once you realize im joking about losing my fingers this morning
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i actually lost my fingers while causing a lightning storm this morning, you would think its safe above the clouds but nooo, not safe at all m8
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Fingers exist. The fingers of a god do not.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
no its to obvius for any one to not understand, you must not have a brain
Posted by BigWangJimmy 1 year ago
BigWangJimmy
I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you clarify?
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 1 year ago
RyuuKyuzo
vi_spexrandom.randitTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate is a mess. The resolution is unclear and the entirety of the debate is spent arguing about how the terms apropos to the debate are defined with no attempt to source or otherwise justify one definition over another with anything outside of personal opinion. No points for anyone.