atheism is theism

am I holding a rock in my hand as I write this? you have to imagine it

According to no it does not. In fact it actually states “opposed to atheism”, I’ll copy and paste the definitions here

1. The belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).

2. Belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism).

If need be, I can provide more evidence from various dictionaries… But to note, I know not of any dictionary that says atheism and theism is the same, so I’m not sure exactly why Pro thinks that they are.

atheism is the opposite of theism, but belief is the opposite of knowledge

theism=belief=i accept imagination
a(theism)=dis(belief)=i accept imagination
agnostic=i accept i dont know=i accept reality

imagination=god, creator and creation

the opposite of physical is mental, and if god is not physical right now..

for me to believe god is false, I am imagining the evidence to prove to myself that what I imagine is false, its like me accepting god is false by accepting god is true, not accepting 0 by accepting 0 as both sides are information, god

belief is doubt, so to believe god is false, is to doubt god is false, and as a balance I must believe god is true

I'm right now completely confused. The debate is titled "Atheism is Theism". But you said word for word "atheism is the opposite of theism".

I'm like WHAT????????? Isn't that like suicide to your entire position?

atheism is the opposite of theism, because they are positions on a claim,

doubt is the negative balancing point between belief and disbelief, and I don't know is the positive, 2 options, 0 and 1

and belief being doubt, believing god is false means I doubt god is false, so I must believe god is true

theism=doubt=yes position=Positive
atheism=doubt=no position=negative(position)
agnostic=certain=I accept I don't know=balance

I think i'm starting to get your reasoning. Your saying that theism is atheism because they both have a common relationship of being negative. But there is some problems with this reasoning, just because two things are negative doesn't mean they are the same. For example, negative numbers like "-2" and "-4" might have something in common in both being negative, but "-2" is not "-4", they're two completely different numbers.

Atheism and Theism might have something in common that they might both be "beliefs", but like -2 not being -4, Atheism is not Theism.

the commen denominator is god, that's why atheism is theism, as disbelief is belief, and anything I believe is god, a world creator

theism is the positive position on the claim, the yes its true position, where as atheism is the no its not true position

as I said, belief is doubt, so to believe god is false, is to doubt god is false, which means I believe in god

I think your just comparing apples with oranges. Atheism is not theism even though they are both a position on the exsistance of God like apples are not oranges even though they are both spherical in shape. I feel like i'm repeating myself =\

Belief is not doubt, look up the dictionary definitions of the two, they are not the same.;

the dictionary is wrong, and you are wrong :)

I already explained it go back and look

No the dictionary is not wrong, it did not make it up as it has origins. You can study the etymology of the words if you don't believe me.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
belief=be lie
Posted by Alpacthulhu 1 year ago
Everything you have said is the result of doing acid and then getting a ddo account.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
everything I have said is true
Posted by IvenMartin 1 year ago
How about a debate with the thesis that vi_spex has dismissed all of reality on For a 26 year old man, you are a truly sad individual.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
the thing is, I can imagine things and not believe in them, but I can only believe in "things" I imagine, so belief goes to imagination

I cant know imagination, and I cant believe in reality, know is real
Posted by Narwhalicorn 1 year ago
Theres just one problem I see stick out in your argument Pro. When you propose your contentions, you say "theism=belief=i accept imagination
agnostic=i accept i dont know=i accept reality"

You take the prefixes off of the words you define, which equates to
"Theism=Belief=I Accept imagination
Theism=Belief=I accept imagination
Agnostic=I accept I don't know=I accept reality"

Basically 1+1=2 because 1+1=2
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty much everything Pro said is false.