vi_spex
Benshapiro

atheism is theism

Benshapiro

vi_spex

Pro

god=Creator

creation and destruction only happens in the mind, destruction=turn my back

creation cant exist without creator, so the creator is the creation, cause and effect

it being in my mind, is me being it

I am the all seeing eye pyramid capstone reflection flying at the top of a pyramid, I am god

A=all that can possibly be experienced, future past and now

information=separation, like i can reach infinity without ever being able to experience it in reality, at least the non ending part
Benshapiro

Con

vi_spex

Pro

sure, god is false btw

god is information, information is the opposite of matter and matter is space and time, information exist beyond space and time

information is nothing, and matter is something, 0 and 1

because god is information, any belief is theism, as any belief, is belief in god
Benshapiro

Con

I'll just refute the propsition "atheism is theism" with the law of non-contradiction.

The law of contradiction: "The law of contradiction means that two antithetical propositions cannot both be true at the same time and in the same sense. X cannot be non-X. A thing cannot be and not be simultaneously... All logic depends on this simple principle. Rational thought and meaningful discourse demand it. To deny it is to deny all truth in one fell swoop."

Since debate uses argumention in adherence to rational discourse, one must deny rational discourse in order to accept pro's resolution. This would be illogical and shows that pro has made himself an impossible burden of proof. Since pro cannot meet his burden of proof the debate will go to me by default.

http://www.spurgeon.org...
vi_spex

Pro

there are no contradictions

cause+effect=logic

logic is determined by existence, like if you are lost in the woods and pick up a mushroom and eat it, does it matter what you think is going to happen if the mushroom is poisonous? logic in reality is determined by matter

disBELIEF is belief, belief to the contrary, to believe that god is false where as the theist believes god is true

belief is doubt, so as a balance of believing god is false, i must doubt god is false, therefore i must believe god is true
Benshapiro

Con

My opponent attempts to rebut my agument with the law of causality but this is dissimilar to my contention.

Extend arguments.
vi_spex

Pro

you have no arguments, belief is false, and disbelief is belief, therefore there is no contradiction

disbelief=acceptance that information is true
belief=acceptance that information is true
i don't know=acceptance that reality is true, as i know i don't know
Benshapiro

Con

Extend arguments
vi_spex

Pro

argue something...
Benshapiro

Con

My opponent has not rebutted my contention that the resolution defies the law of non-contradiction. "Atheism is theism" is analogous to "X is non-X" but the law of non-contradiction necessitates that "X cannot be non-X". My opponent cannot uphold his burden of proof and negates the resolution.

Vote con.
Vote Placed by Benjamin_Manus 1 year ago
Benjamin_Manus
vi_spexBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Opposition/negative had better procedure and better grammar/punctuation
Vote Placed by Saska 1 year ago
Saska
vi_spexBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made his claim (with no proper sentence structure, punctuation, capital letters, etc.) and Con immediately refuted Pro with a solid argument. Pro ignored the valid point made by Con and just tried to keep rambling off his same views over an over. S & G clearly go to Con, arguments go to Con, and conduct goes to CON since Pro chose to ignore Con and just repeat the same argument over and over with no actual rebuttal.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
vi_spexBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con negated the resolution by showing opposing things cannot be identical.