Purushadasa
RandomTruth

atheist Dogma is a Belief System (AKA a Religion)

RandomTruth has forfeited round #2.

Purushadasa

Pro

ATHEISTIC BELIEFS:
Anyone who is atheist would have to be a believer, because atheist Dogma is a belief system. It's a false belief system with no evidence in its favor, but it is a belief system nonetheless. Believers in atheist Dogma posit many more beliefs than any Theist I've ever seen, and the atheistic beliefs are the craziest and most ignorant beliefs I've ever heard:

They usually start off their silly posts by stating that it's just a "lack of belief," and then they proceed to regurgitate
5, 15, 25 or more false, irrational, ignorant, and ridiculous atheistic beliefs that they picked up from that moron dawkins or from one of his idiot atheistic cohorts. That's why it's called the belief in atheist Dogma!
Related short video: https://www.youtube.com...
RandomTruth

Con

You are right in that an atheism is a belief system in that it's a set of ideas onto which one would base one's actions. There's nothing inherently wrong with having ideas and living by them!

On Religion
However, you are entirely wrong in the main thrust of your argument that atheism is a religion! You're basically saying that every belief system (e.g. political ones such as Communism, or Democracy) are also religions. A religion is defined as "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods." (Google) and there are aspects of a religion that atheism doesn't share:

1. atheism doesn't have a holy book
2. atheism doesn't have shared practices such as prayer or gatherings
3. atheist groups don't get tax free benefits on their churches (they don't have churches)

So to call atheism a religion is entirely wrong and your OP fails at it's title.

On Dogma
You also use the term 'dogma', which means "a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true." without really supporting what you mean by this and what these principles are. Until you do, since the rest of your so-called debate is general rant about 'atheist dogma', you don't really have an argument: you're just ranting.

Side Trip
It's interesting you use religious terms to disimss atheism, as if they were inherently bad things. They're not: there is nothing wrong with having 'dogma' - they're ideas that form the foundation of a belief system. There is nothing wrong with religions either - there are atheistic religions such as Buddhism or Shinto or - reflecting upon the majesty of the universe doesn't necessarily require a deity.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the debate. I hope you learn something and that your snowflake feelings don't get too butthurt.
Purushadasa

Pro

Someone wrote:

"You are right in that an atheism is a belief system in that it's a set of ideas onto which one would base one's actions. There's nothing inherently wrong with having ideas and living by them!"

No, but it is morally wrong to have the wrong (AKA atheistic) ideas and live by them.

"You're basically saying that every belief system (e.g. political ones such as Communism, or Democracy) are also religions."

No I did;t say that -- that is a straw man logical fallacy on your part.

" A religion is defined as "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.""

That definition is partially correct, but partially incorrect, because actually there is only one God. Also, believers in atheist Dogma DO have beliefs and disbeliefs about God. Therefore the belief in atheist Dogma is indeed a religion. I, conversely, do not have any beliefs or disbeliefs about God, so technically speaking, I am the only one among the two of us who does not have a religion.

1. atheism doesn't have a holy book

The word "holy" does not appear in the definition that you yourself provided for religion, above, so that is a red herring on your part: There are many unholy religions, but they are religions nonetheless. The belief in atheist Dogma is one of them, and believers in atheist Dogma do believe in a number of singularly unholy books.

No, because technically there is no such thing as atheism, but the belief in atheist Dogma does have shared practices such as prayer and gatherings. Also, the definition that you yourself provided for religion does not say anything about "shared practices," so your #2 is also a red herring on your part.

There are no atheist groups because there are no atheists, but believers in atheist Dogma do indeed have churches: They are unholy churches, but they are churches nonetheless -- and the believers in atheist Dogma are trying to get tax exemption for their unholy atheistic churches. Fortunately, mainstream human society is 100% Theist, and therefore sane, and so the believers in atheist Dogma are having a lot of trouble convincing mainstream society to award them tax exemption for their unholy atheistic "churches."

"So to call atheism a religion."

I never said that atheism was a religion, so that is another straw man logical fallacy on your part.

"there is nothing wrong with having 'dogma' "

I know, and I never claimed there was anything wrong with it, so that is yet another straw man logical fallacy on your part. It is wrong to believe in atheist Dogma, however.

"There is nothing wrong with religions either"

True, but again, I never claimed there was, so that is another straw man on your part. It is, however, wrong to believe in the unholy religion known as atheist Dogma.

-"there are atheistic religions such as Buddhism or Shinto or"

...the belief in atheist Dogma -- yes, I know that.

"reflecting upon the majesty of the universe "

Without God, nobody could make an objective distinction between majesty and tractability. Also, without God, the universe could not possess any majesty. Also, the universe is ultimately 100% tractable to God, and God is the original source of all majesty.

"your snowflake feelings"

I support President Trump, but "snowflake" is a term that refers to the diaper-wearing, whiny, and treasonous morons that don't support our nation's President: Please use the correct terminology in the future.

Also, you lost the debate: Thanks for your time! =)
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
I won all of the debates on this site in which I participated, actually (except one, which I deliberately forfeited).
Posted by EnchantedPlatinum 11 months ago
EnchantedPlatinum
Ohhh, I see, I guess I got blocked. That's why all the people who showed you up in debate can no longer debate you.
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
atheist Dogma is a belief system, not a lack of belief.

A pile of stool also lacks belief, so you are essentially claiming that your atheistic worldview requires the exact same level of intelligence that is contained in a pile of stool. LOL SMH! =)
Posted by Masterful 11 months ago
Masterful
It's a rejection of a belief in a God.

A lack of a belief can't be a belief.
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
atheist Dogma is a belief system.
Posted by canis 11 months ago
canis
Atheism can not be a belief. If you belief in Santa, (theism)...Not believing in Santa is not a belief...
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
Exactly!

Therefore, Theism is true and the belief in atheist Dogma is false: Thank you for your agreement and support, and God bless you! =)
Posted by missmedic 11 months ago
missmedic
and yet we do
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
Someone wrote:

"True or not true your God has no value in the reality we all share."

There is only one God, and he doesn't belong to me. Actually, we all belong to him.

Without God, nobody could make an objective distinction between value and lack thereof.

Without God, nobody could make an objective distinction between reality and delusion.

Without God, nobody could make an objective distinction between what is true and what is not true.
Posted by missmedic 11 months ago
missmedic
Apatheists simply do not care about a useless and unremarkable god. True or not true your god has no value in the reality we all share.