keshav
magnificentadao

athletes should get one more chance after failing in doping test!!!

Started: 9/7/2013 Category: Sports

keshav

Pro

yes...because after they got failed into doping test...they can no more take part in sports and then what will do with is efforts which he is making since many years...for getting into athletics.............
magnificentadao

Con

Hi, I accept this debate as the opposition side for its interesting topic and as a deeply undiscussed issue indeed.

By doping tests I'm assuming you're stating drug tests that are done on athletes before competing in a competition. Doping, in the sports section, can be defined as administering drugs in order to inhibit or enhance sporting performances. Doping in sports is no longer just about taking a prohibited substance. Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the IRB’s Regulation 21 there are eight different ways a player could break the anti-doping rules. But that's another topic for another day.

From many sources (books, internet, or facts that I have stated above) you can clearly see that sport competitions are strict about doping. Why you ask? because Doping itself is considered cheating and illegal. For a person to be found positive on a doping tests, not only is he or she has broken several rules but also he or she has broken the law.

To reply to your argument that states that "they can no more take part in sports" I might have to say that it depends on the rules that apply in the competition the athlete is found positive on the tests. Though international huge competitions usually does this, some competition allows them to reenter the next year, if they pass next year's doping test that is. Some competition gives a penalty for a few years. With that I might say, your argument is a little inaccurate.

To reply yo your statement; "what will do with is efforts which he is making since many years" I have to say the athlete can't do anything about it, because rules are rules. Either you play by the rules or you don't play at all. Considering the fact that he or she needs to use dope means that his or her training was not pure training. Just imagine if he or she was allowed to play in the competition. Do you think it would be fair to those other athletes that plays by the rules, the one that DID NOT use any drug enhancers?

If you're thinking that the dope test result was wrong and it needs to be taken again, you need to research more science studies or articles on drug-dope testings. Drug testing is extremely accurate and reliable when all aspects of the testing process are done properly. Drug testing in professional sports is forensic-tight. The testing technology goes down deep to the molecular level to find the answers. These types of tests are considered to be the most accurate way. Now if you're talking about big well known sport competitions, take that amount of accuracy and triple it. Here's a quote I got from Dr.Don Catlin, Director of the University of California Los Angeles Olympic Analyrical Laboratory. “There are no false positives, We can’t be wrong.” That's how sure they were on the subject when people protested for an athlete (I'm pretty sure it was female tennis) to take another dope test.

With that I end my speech for the opposition side in round 1.
keshav

Pro

keshav forfeited this round.
magnificentadao

Con

magnificentadao forfeited this round.
keshav

Pro

keshav forfeited this round.
magnificentadao

Con

magnificentadao forfeited this round.
keshav

Pro

keshav forfeited this round.
magnificentadao

Con

magnificentadao forfeited this round.
keshav

Pro

keshav forfeited this round.
magnificentadao

Con

magnificentadao forfeited this round.
Posted by joshiewoshie 3 years ago
joshiewoshie
In a test or exam, would you as a teacher or supervisor give a student, who was caught cheating, a second chance? No because firstly, the student has been warned about the consequences of cheating. If he/she has been found cheating, severe punishment like expulsion or suspension will take place. Same case that goes with athletes who have doped. If he/she has been found doping, even the slightest bit, is considered against the rules and regulations that have been put up. Therefore, a second chance should not even be considered.