vi_spex
Trombonist

ban islam

Trombonist

vi_spex

Pro

men have become, females in their need for comfort, females to ugly to get raped..
Trombonist

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for making this debate. First, I'd like to say I find my opponent's first statement a little confusing, so I feel like I cannot properly respond to it. I would be very grateful if they decided to clarify it in round two.

The number one argument I hear from people who want to ban Muslims from entering the country is that they are terrorists. However, the Muslim population is 23% of the entire population of the world. So based on a recent study, only about 106,000 Muslims belong to extremist organizations. That means that only about .006625% of the Muslim population is "extremist". Given this number, the odds are extremely low of a Muslim extremist entering the country. Therefore, I do not believe that Muslims should be banned outright from the country. There may need to be work done on background checks, but to ban them entirely is ridiculous.

I eagerly await my opponent's response.
vi_spex

Pro

this is true, no debate going on.. sry for you that you joined

a muslims follows the koran

no arguments can exist for islam
Trombonist

Con

I apologize, as in the last round I did not cite my sources, so I'd like to start off by posting those here.

http://www.cnn.com...

http://www.pewresearch.org...

Islam- the religious faith of Muslims, based on the words and religious system founded by the prophet Muhammad and taught by the Koran, the basic principle of which is absolute submission to a unique and personal god, Allah.

Muslim- of or relating to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam.

Koran-the sacred text of Islam, divided into 114 chapters, or suras: revered as the word of God, dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel, and accepted as the foundation of Islamic law, religion, culture, and politics.

http://www.dictionary.com...
http://www.dictionary.com...
http://www.dictionary.com...

Given these three definitions, allow me to go through my opponent's lines one by one.

"a muslims follows the koran"

This statement is true. A Muslim is part of the faith that follows the Koran.

"no arguments can exist for islam"

Based on the previous statement, my opponent seems to believe that if one follows the Koran, they are not radicalists. However, given that a Muslim is a follower of the religion of Islam, it is safe to say that Islam has the same statistic of radicalists as I pointed out in my first argument.

Finally, given that I have proved that Islam is the same as Muslims, I would like to jump back to my first statement, which I stated, " That means that only about .006625% of the Muslim population is "extremist". Given this number, the odds are extremely low of a Muslim extremist entering the country. Therefore, I do not believe that Muslims should be banned outright from the country. There may need to be work done on background checks, but to ban them entirely is ridiculous."

To which my opponent stated, "this is true," and then asserted that Muslims and Islam are two separate entities. However, since a Muslim is a person of the Islamic faith, my point still stands.

I'd like to thank my opponent for the debate and I look forward to the results.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
look for argumentum ad populum
Posted by Zaephou 2 months ago
Zaephou
Well look who won
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
my position is simply true
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
i dont see an argument noob
Posted by ThePostMarxist 3 months ago
ThePostMarxist
I find it amusing that you think this vi_spex. Your whole side of this debate was underpinned on meaningless and unfounded argument. There were no sources, and in my humble opinion, you lost
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
you are 1 walking talking fallacy sir, a debater you will never be
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
reliable source=religion=wrong
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
wup we got a female here, ow right im talking to myself.
Vote Placed by extian 3 months ago
extian
vi_spexTrombonistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were just vague, confusing statements that lacked proper punctuation and grammar. Pro did not quote sources and really didn't make any effort to defend the assertions. Con was articulate and respectful and did his best to deal with Pro's assertions. Con also provided sources for his statistics. On the whole, Con successfully defeated the resolution.