vi_spex
Sciguy

ban islam

Sciguy has forfeited round #2.

vi_spex

Pro

the curse of islam demonstrates the truth of islams non peace to muslims.. islam is only immoral if muslims have an option to leave it, or it becomes nature itself unlike the unnecessary reliance of religion, as the punishment of leaving islam is death... Ban islam, from all civilized nations with the option for them to leave, unless you feel like killing them all is the better option.. -convertrix
Sciguy

Con

I humbly accept this debate, and I thank my opponent for being ever so willing as to bring this debate to fruition.

Though I disagree with the banning of Islam, the religion, I do concur with my opponent on the opinion of Islam being a religion of violence and is a deadly ideology to the civilized world.

It is objectively clear that the right to the expression of one's religion is an inherent right, so long as the followers of that religion does not impede upon humanity as a whole. In the late 20th and recent 21st, radical Islamic organizations have been deemed as the root of evil in the world, that is a proper fact that can be agreed on by any sane person, however, Muslims constitute as equals to these heretics.

The United States, as many countries have guaranteed the ability to freely allow the individual the choice of their religion and to worship any entity that which they pertain themselves to. In the United States of America, it is a guaranteed right to the individual provided by the First Amendment; The French Constitution allows Freedom of Speech by Article's 10 and 11, however, it is limited to an extent but still recognizes the fundamentals of the right; South Africa even recognizes freedom of speech and religion in its South African Bill of Rights, chapter 2, Section 16. Therefore, it is an agreed right of a person to express their religion.

A sophisticated mind must endure the contradicting opinions and cultures that are seen throughout the world. To understand and learn ourselves of other cultures is a necessity if we, as the Human Race, are to ever progress. Banning a religion is not going to solve the problem for the ideology is still within the mindset of its followers.

It is with that that I would like to make particularly known that Islam is the fastest growing Religion in the world. According to an estimate by the Pew Research Center, there were 1.6 billion Muslims in the world- that is nearly 23% of the Global Population.

The reason for this increasing amount of persons in this religion is due to fertility decline in other popular religions. In fact, it is projected that by 2060 that Jew's will no longer be the largest second religion to counter Christianity- Islam will. Should current trends occur, could Islam be expected to surpass the number of Christians in the world? It is not inconceivable and is a very likely chance.

Notice how Pro insists that Islam is a curse to the world, and how he fails to acknowledge the extensive branches of Islam. The Ahmadiyya is a very popular branch of Islam that is the holiest. Though quite young in spectrum of Islam's age, Ahmadiyya was founded in Punjab, British India in the late 19th century and originated from the teachings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

This is a religion of peace, and should not be banned for it would violate the basic right of the Freedom of Speech.

http://www.pewresearch.org...;

http://www.pewresearch.org...

https://blogs.loc.gov...;
vi_spex

Pro

islam is terrorism, not right
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
no arguments can exist for islam
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
i already won this based on the flaws of your non arguments
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
argumentum ad populum
Posted by Sciguy 2 months ago
Sciguy
Thus far, nobody has voted in favor of my argument.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
fact that some one voted on you?
Posted by Sciguy 2 months ago
Sciguy
How am I getting worse at debating what is considered as fact? You are pandering to the ill-educated and the relying on their fears.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
argumentum ad populum argues you are only getting worse at debating by that statement
Posted by Sciguy 2 months ago
Sciguy
I just can't debate this ignoramus! Please vote con.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
vi_spex
a rose needs its thorns