ban texting while driving in all 50 states

I am looking forward to a great debate

Round 1 acceptance only

I accept the challenge. Good luck Pro :)

Do you think that you should be focusing on anything other than the road while driving? I believe texting while driving should be illegal. According to U.S government website for distracted driving, the year 2010 registered a total of 3,000 deaths as a result of crashes due to distracted driving. Texting/cell phone use has emerged to be the greatest cause of road accidents.
Texting while driving should be illegal because not only does it take your eyes and hands away from what you should be doing, it also mentally distracts you from paying attention to the road. You are not only putting yourself at risk, you're putting other innocent people at risk. The incidents of accidents resulting from texting and driving are increasing daily, and need to be stopped.
Text messaging has grown to become very popular to many teens and even adults, in the past few years. It can be very useful, but it can also be very distracting when driving. If you text while driving, you lose your concentration and increase the risk of injury to yourself and to others.Text messaging requires visual, manual, and cognitive distractions from the driver, it is by far the most alarming distraction. Text messaging while driving should be illegal, because it increases the risk for accidents and it isn't even needed. If you must contact someone while driving, at least call the person on speakerphone.

Sending texts while driving is very dangerous. Why would you want to risk your life just to send a text? Texting while driving should be illegal. Not only does it put yourself in danger it puts other people around you in danger. Texting while driving a car makes you 23X more likely to crash. That is why texting while driving needs to be stopped.

I will be short in my arguments since Pro's will be self-explanatory in my regards (con) based on how i will lay this 3 sentences :)

"ban texting while driving in all 50 states"

An individual/organization will be required to ban texting while driving in all 50 states of the USA. If the individual does not "ban texting while driving in all 50 states" then the result is concise: The texting ban did not take place unless he/she/it drove in those 50 states while banning. The pro will have to argue now why an individual/organization won't have to ban texting while driving in all 50 states (because if he does this then he is text banning while driving) otherwise this debate will be short and mostly composed of forfeits.

Thank you

In my Last speech I would like to thank my opponent for this great debate here to start off this is only about the 50 states this has nothing to do with outside countries the resolution says 'Ban texting while driving in all 50 states' and yes the U.S Supreme court would make it illegal to text while driving thank you.

Message to the voters

Do you really wanna have not only your life but your families life in jeopardy because people paying more attention to there cell phones then the road going 20-75 mph please vote pro so you will not have less stress and asking yourself is my family ok with the drivers out there thank you

I would like to point out that the Pro did not in fact read/cover my material from round 2; did not see the purpose of this "exercise" nor was he/she/it able to full discuss the meaning of the title (compared to how i described it).

Vote CON! :D
Posted by Bogcha 1 year ago
Although i agree with what Yoshi is saying, i did indeed use semantics, you have to understand that the initiator did not specify against it, the title is open to interpretation and the facts provided are counter-intuitive due to the nature of the topic. Still i suggest you vote.
Posted by YoshiBoy13 1 year ago
I'm not voting on this.
Con didn't really even make an argument, all he debated was *SEMANTICS*.
"Oh my opponent didn't make his resolution completely unmistakeable"
Grammar would be an issue, and I see why you'd think that way, but your debating *JUST* to bring up his semantics is *NOT* making it like you are a clever debater who knows his English. It just seems like a failed attempt at noob-sniping.
Posted by brad1999 1 year ago
Maybe some are you never know
Posted by 990OliRox990 1 year ago
I can't imagine a rational person really disagreeing with this statement