19104838
NiamC

bands

NiamC
Started: 5/30/2014 Category: Music

19104838

Pro

who is better bring me the horizon or black veil brides?
NiamC

Con

Please present your chosen band
19104838

Pro

bring me the horizon is ok but the lead is preety good looking. and bvb is basicly a screaming band so my opinion still stands bring me the horizon all the way!
NiamC

Con

Ok, you have chosen Bring the horizon. I believe that I am pro Black veil brides. Lets go!

For future reference, BVB means the band, BLACK VEIL BRIDES

It seems that what most of what you have said is based on your opinions, especially since you have not provided any sources. The topic which you have chosen is "who is better...". I don't think that you have provided good arguments in which you have said:

"bring me the horizon is ok but the lead is preety good looking."
I don't think that a band should be compared by the terms of "which band is better" by the physical characteristics of the band members. For all I care, Say if there was a musician/ or a member of a band with physical deformities, and this person had created much "better" music which was "revolutionary" and would easily top any other's music, I would still say that this person was a better musician than another band/ musician, regardless of any physical characteristics.

"and bvb is basicly a screaming band"
Once again, this just seems like a personal opinion. It seems a little vague..

Because the BOP in this debate is shared, I will have to argue for BVB and against "Bring Me The Horizon". I will do so now. One of my main points, is that:

Awards:
Despite Bring Me The Horizon being older in terms of origins, BVB is newer in age and has achieved a multitude of awards, both major and minor awards. BVB has recieved far more awards than Bring me the horizon. If I may point out, awards are good indicators of a bands capabilities and skills etc. Some awards affiliated with Kerrang, Loudwire and MTV.

I will extend and add more to my arguments in the next round. I look forward to my opponents responce.

19104838

Pro

19104838 forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

Well, my opponent has forfeited. I extend my arguments.

Vote NiamC
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
I might accept this, if you told me which band you prefer.
Vote Placed by progressivedem22 2 years ago
progressivedem22
19104838NiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con provided substantive arguments backed by sources, and Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
19104838NiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Forfeiting is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. Due to Pro ff in R3, I must take away conduct points from Pro. S & G - Con. Several grammatical errors were made by Pro throughout his two rounds including lack of proper capitalization and the grammatical error of starting a sentence with "and" in R2. Arguments - Con. Not only did Con successfully rebut all points raised by Pro in R2, but he also raised the unchallenged argument of awards. Due to the valid rebuttals and standing argument, arguments clearly goes to Con. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize sources throughout this debate. Con utilized several to further strengthen his points in this debate.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
19104838NiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's opinion does not in the way of Con's researched arguments. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeit.