belief is a blind man seeing

arguing honestly for something i dont know means i am lying to myself..

a highly intelligent worm describing a rainbow is a worm believing

A worm describing a rainbow is belief? Ignorance is but a matter of scale, not an absolute. We can know nothing, not truly, only come close to it. You cannot know anything you see is true, by simple fact that our senses lie.

To define "See":

verb (used with object), saw, seen, seeing.
1. to perceive with the eyes; look at.
2. to view; visit or attend as a spectator:
to see a play.
3. to perceive by means of computer vision.
4. to scan or view, especially by electronic means:
The satellite can see the entire southern half of the country.
5. to perceive (things) mentally; discern; understand:
to see the point of an argument.
6. to construct a mental image of; visualize:
He still saw his father as he was 25 years ago.
7. to accept or imagine or suppose as acceptable:
I can't see him as president.

"I see", says the blind man, with his optic nerves deadened and useless. His mind's eye still perceives. The blind man touches a computer screen and in his mind he views a flat surface. We see a computer screen and information lays upon it. The true sight of the computer screen includes viewing the entire spectrum of electromagnetic waves coming off of it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I argue that there is more to sight than light rays. The blind man is not blind by the other meaning of "see", for he can perceive our world. More blind, less blind? We all only perceive so much, and the rest is our belief. We all believe what we think we know, even with some evidence to support it.

There is nothing beyond belief, for nothing is concretely true.

to see through the eye of belief is no different then seeing through the eyes of a blind man

the worm has no eyes to see the rainbow and so it dosnt know of rainbows, sight allows revelations of pure light..

lies are information, sensory experience is matter, life is true

i know you are light on my screen and a story in my mind

see=know=physical experience=eye

Physical experience can be a lie, for it is merely a stimulation of electrical impulses. Who is to say dreams are unreal and life is not, without the advantage of hindsight and the cold light of day?

Seeing is not knowing, but seeing is believing. Belief is incorporated into everything we do. You claim to believe is to do something without the physical evidence of such, if I interpreted it correctly. Well, naught that we do has concrete evidence. Prove to me that life is true, for that was merely an unfounded claim on your part.

life is not can be

if dreams are real then nightmares are real, and reality is imaginary

false=dead, not life

You do not understand. You cannot concretely prove anything is real.

how do you prove what is real if there is no real, and i just disproved both your statements

I am asking you to prove it. I am saying NOTHING is real. Therefore it is a moot point to argue that anybody can know anything.

you are asking..... me to prove.... with a non real reality that reality is not real, in reality

NOthing=not real

You are assuming that you know it is real. You argue this: I know it is real, therefore it is real.

Nothing can be known to be real given our limited senses.

I thank everybody for reading this odd debate.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
ups i didnt see the bottom half of what you presented
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
theism=blind man seeing
Posted by dswd 1 year ago
I would accept a debate on this topic, but I can't see any argument in your pro post to respond to.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
what dont you know about anything
Posted by Sarra 1 year ago
Do we ever truly know everything about anything?