vi_spex
Karan_m

belief is a blind man seeing

vi_spex

Pro

arguing honestly for something i dont know means i am lying to myself..

a highly intelligent worm describing a rainbow is a worm believing

to see through the eye of belief is no different than seeing through the eyes of a blind man

Karan_m

Con

I accept the challenge.In my opinion,"the blind man seeing" is the what we call perception or imagination whereas belief is totally different thing and is related to the values and obtained from the experience of the people.
vi_spex

Pro

knowledge is memory, opposite of belief, belief is unknown, and knowledge is the known

as certain i am that i see rocks, is as certain i am that i dont see god
Karan_m

Con

Firstly,I wanted to say that in a debate one should show the audacity to express oneself clearly so that the opposing contender can debate on it.You should have the courage to listen and accept the other party's opinion rather than just trying to trap the opposite side.

Also,if you try to trap the opposite side you should have some grounds for that because you mentioned "knowledge is memory, opposite of belief".Adding to it,belief is not unknown.It is something that may or may not be realistic but known.
vi_spex

Pro

i am not trapping you.. you are con, so you show me where i am wrong

so show me how knowledge is not the opposite of belief.. but i will do it for you, argue against me for you

i dont know means, i have to imagine it, i can at best imagine it, so if i take my hand behind my back, is my claim that i am showing 3 fingers behind my back true?

knowledge=memory of know

and you dont know my claim so you dont remember, and have no truth to tell of how many fingers i might be showing on my back

Karan_m

Con

Firstly,belief is a personal thing and it differs from person to person.Here,you say I don't know means the other person don't know how many fingers you had kept at back.But,your belief cannot be defined what the other know.Your beliefs are defined by whether you know how many fingers are at back and that is absolutely yes.

So,one's beliefs are definitely known to oneself.The only thing is that it may or may not be true or realistic.So,it cannot be said as blind man seeing.

Secondly,the justification you required about whether knowledge and belief is now clear.Even then let me explain clearly,knowledge is what we know,I completely agree with that but belief is what we don't know is completely unacceptable as discussed above.
vi_spex

Pro

belief is only usefull when i dont know, as if i know there is no point in imagining it

know is not knowledge
Karan_m

Con

Now the justification you needed in the third round that how knowledge is not opposite of the belief lies in your argument only that belief are useful when you don't know.That doesn't mean that belief is what we don't know.So,now I think it is clear that the two cannot be mentioned as opposite.
vi_spex

Pro

belief is a position based on the i dont know position

you are con

knowledge is the opposite of belief
Karan_m

Con

It is definitely position based but here we have talked until now what belief is.So,here you selected the "I don't know" side is not the position based selection but it is an wrong understanding of yours because as I had mentioned earlier it is known and differs from person to person(personal).Thus,its not opposite of knowledge as you mentioned.

So,I completely disagree with the "belief is a blind man seeing".
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
yea :)
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
That is how vi_spex wins his debates.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
That is how vi_spex wins his debates.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
but i am not your goat :(
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
No, use the English word just like you did in this debate. Don't use the equal sign. That's how you take notes, not how you write anything that's supposed to be informative to someone besides yourself
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
am=equal
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
is(equal)
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I'm with Rami. Looks like vi_spex stopped using the equal sign for once and is actually writing in complete thoughts, sort of.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I agree with vi_spex.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Wow, this is the first time I understand what Vi_Spex is saying.