vi_spex
Adrn00

belief is false

Adrn00

vi_spex

Pro

if everything is just belief, why does the bible require you to believe in it? while if imagination is real, then surely i dont even have to believe santa clause is walking around and living on the north pole all year, because he is.. while at the same time not, because i can imagine that to, perhaps he is having coconut drinks under the palm trees at a beach on Hawaii all year.

possibility=santa is on the North pole all year
possibility=santa is on hawai drinking coconut drinks
possibility=false

possibility+emotion=belief
Adrn00

Con

Hello, I would like to thank Pro for making this debate. This is my second time debating, please go easy on me^^

So, here we go. First, I'd like to clarify your statement
"While if imagination is real ....."
Imagination :
: the ability to imagine things that are not real : the ability to form a picture in your mind of something that you have not seen or experienced
: the ability to think of new things
: something that only exists or happens in your mind (source :http://i.word.com...)
Thus, I can confidently say that your argument is irrational in the first place, because your definition is wrong and so is your supposition (by saying if).

Next clarification
"Possibility = false"
Possibility :
a chance that something might exist, happen, or be true : the state or fact of being possible (source : http://i.word.com...)
So, I believe my opponent has already made a big mistake, by saying that possibility is false, because possibility is a probability. So it might happen and might not happen, and thus saying that possibility is false is wrong, because it (possibility) might be true.

Next,
Belief : confidence; faith; trust: (source : http://dictionary.reference.com...)
Thus your statement "possibility + emotion = belief" can't be true because if you believe then you already know confidently in your heart that it is true, so it can't be counted as possibility anymore for you, because possibility means that you still doubt it.

Why does the bible requires you to believe in it ?
The bible is the word of God, thus if you believe in it, it means you also believe in God. And if you believe in the word of God (and God of course) you will be faithful to Him, will serve Him, and will try your best to please Him, because you believe in His word and His promises.

I think it is enough for the first round, good luck :)
vi_spex

Pro

imagination is not false?

im not saying imagination is real..

if it might happen and might not happen is it then happening?

know is physical, not mental

belief is doubt, know is certain

if everything is just belief, why does the bible require you to believe in it? wouldnt you already believe in it?
Adrn00

Con

Hi, I would like to ask pro to expand his or her arguments more. So I can get your points better.

You are saying that imagination is real or at least trying to lead the readers to believe so, if I may quote you
"while if imagination is real,"
I feel we're kind of out of topic here ....

I'm not sure how to answer your question "Imagination is not false?"
False :

: not real or genuine

: not true or accurate; especially : deliberately untrue : done or said to fool or deceive someone

: based on mistaken ideas (source :http://i.word.com...)

And since imagination is not real, there is no false or true about imagination.

As for "belief is doubt," I believe I already mention it in my first argument, would you please be so kind to read and understand it ? :)
But okay, I will do it again.
In my first argument, belief also means faith and trust. Thus your statement about belief is doubt can't be used, moreover because it seems like you made it up yourself and reason it yourself without any proof or reliable sources to back you up.

Know : Be aware of through observation, or inquiry or information: (sources : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...)
While belief doesn't need observation, to put faith to.
Thus, you comparing belief and know can't be used. Because they are clearly different here (If you would be so kind to read the definition of belief I have put in my first argument, then you will get my point)

"if everything is just belief, why does the bible require you to believe in it? wouldn't you already believe in it? "
Here, you are contradicting yourself. The bible require you to believe in it, so you can understand God through His word, as in your second question, you just contradict yourself and out of the topic as our main topic is "Why bible require us to believe in it" And have or haven't believe in it have nothing to do with this, even if it does it doesn't make senses because you don't explain your case more.

I'm sorry for any mistakes,

vi_spex

Pro

belief=be lie, as i dont know is true

no read it again, you dont understand the argument.. if imagination is real i dont have to believe in it for it to be real.. but belief dosnt make anything real

is real true or false? imagination is not real, its false

i understand your points.. but i am right, belief is doubt

know is absolute, belief is possibility, you dont know it if its possible

faith and truth is belief.. belief is doubt.. if you have faith that you will die 10 seconds after reading this are you then certain how slow or fast your death will be?

belief is non sense.. if everything is belief, and you cant know anything, then clearly you already believe in the bible
Adrn00

Con

Seriously, pro. I actually trying to be patient with you , oh whatever.
"Belief = be lie"
On what evidence you said that belief is be lie ? If you have any reliable source please cite it properly. And please don't say whatever you think is true just based on your deduction, as we debating with facts.

"If imagination is real I don't have to believe in it for it to be real.. but belief dosnt make anything real"
Now, now ladies and gentlemen, pro here saying or at least trying to lead the readers to think that imagination is real, but in the previous argument he clearly stated that he didn't say that imagination is real, which means he's contradicting himself, if I may quote you, sir "im not saying imagination is real.."

Please give proper rebuttal with reasonable reason and evidence needed, on what reason you are saying that belief is doubt? I have clearly stated that belief is confidence, faith, or trust which is the antonym of doubt, I also have cited proper sources (if you bother to look)

"faith and truth is belief.. belief is doubt.. if you have faith that you will die 10 seconds after reading this are you then certain how slow or fast your death will be? "
Once again pro, faith and trust need reason. And your example here is just irrational. Having faith means that you confidently believe in something, and since you mentioned bible here, I presume faith here means faith to God.

"belief is non sense.. if everything is belief, and you cant know anything, then clearly you already believe in the bible"
I believe I have rebut this one in the previous argument. Have or haven't believe in bible doesn't have anything to do with this motion. Who says we cant know anything ? As I have clearly say in my previous argument, know and believe are two different things.
vi_spex

Pro

you simply dont understand anything i say

if i dont know is true... belief is not true
Adrn00

Con

I am actually impressed by your uh, creativity to make up things without any evidence pr source and still confidently say I don't understand anything you say.

And I believe we're getting out of topic here ...

What did you mean with "if i dont know is true... believe is not true"
Know = be aware of
Don't = do not
True = In accordance with fact or reality (source : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...)
and how are you saying not aware of something is true ?
Because not aware of something means you don't know the fact or the reality, which is neutral and is not true or false.

And now to my arguments
1. Belief is confidently put faith or trusting something. Means that it is not false, and yet is not true either. And because the motion is "belief is false" the pro side will have to convince the readers that belief is false, and me as the con side will have to convince the readers that belief is not false.

2. Belief is neutral. Believing is confidently putting faith or trusting something, or someone without observation (unlike know) and thus such adjective like false or true doesn't apply to belief as it is not false and also not true.

Yeah , whatever. Vote con!
vi_spex

Pro

facts are not true, facts are in the past, past dosnt matter, now is matter, i know my experience of now

i dont know is a position, its like if you ask me something and i say.. i have to imagine it sry

i have confidene the moon is made of cheese because my parents told me so! ..

belief is doubt. you can believe your neighbour is home and you can believe he is not, but is your neighour home?
Adrn00

Con

The final round, yay!

Rebuttals

1. "facts are not true, facts are in the past, past dosnt matter, now is matter, i know my experience of now"
Facts :A thing that is known or proved to be true (source : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...)
Thus, pro's statement about facts are not true is wrong, as I have given the right definitions and the proper sources, because his definition itself is wrong, his statement doesn't need to be rebutted because it is already wrong in the first place.

2. "i have confidene the moon is made of cheese because my parents told me so! .."
Your example is irrational and doesn't matter to our motion because we're talking about beliefs in general, and beliefs in general are neutral, as I have mentioned in my previous argument. And people believing something based on evidence, or experience, or faith. Thus if you are making some made up and irrational example, you are just digging your own grave.

3. Again you have proved my argument's are right, by saying "is your neighbour home?" Thus it means your neighbour might or might not at home, which shows that beliefs are neutral and is not false because your neighbour can be home, and also not true because your neighbour might be not home.

I encourage readers to vote for con because con have proper evidences and sources, and because con argue based on facts, and not blindly making up facts and making weird definition without anything backing it up. Con also definitely have better grammar than pro,

Vote con! Thank you pro for this......... amusing debate.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
now is, and not now can be
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
yes it is happening, not can happen
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
reality can happen? you reading these Words can happen? like your neighour can be home right now or not?
Posted by Adrn00 1 year ago
Adrn00
@vi_spex
WHAT THE FK MAN
ofc reality happen! It is called reality bcs its fkn happening
im actually amazed by your stupidity
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
so reality can happen?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you know, the one you got from santa
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
no, because i believe you are wearing a hat thats part living dragon so it spews fire on your command
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
You are wrong.
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
P.S. (And so true too)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
losing is when you are wrong
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
vi_spexAdrn00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Once again, Pro failed to make a single coherent argument and instead is just wasting server space for Juggle