vi_spex
triangle.128k

belief=theism

triangle.128k

vi_spex

Pro

if the first thought in your head comes from science when trying to answer my simple questions or argue and you dont feel certain in your writing in any other way then it means you do not have the ability to think for yourself, and only when you let go of the thought of sciene can you see that i am right about that.

feeling a negative emotion when comprehending the words above is a confirmation that i am right

belief=yes(postion on an imaginary claim, claim i can at best imagine right now)
disbelief=no
i dont know=maybe

only 3 positions exist on any imaginary claim
triangle.128k

Con

I accept
vi_spex

Pro

shoot

its a fact that i just looked at my dog, and i am lying, but i am lying about lying.
triangle.128k

Con

Before I present my main arguments, here are the definitions according to Merriam Webster:

Belief
1 a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing

2 something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
3 conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence

Theism
the belief that God exists or that many gods exist

In simple terms, belief is the mindset that something is true, theism is a belief that god or many gods exist.

Now on to my arguments,

Arguments

My opponent states that belief is the same thing as theism, they are not however according to the dictionary. While theism is a belief itself, there are many other beliefs that aren't related to theism in any way.

Santa Clause is a fictional character which some children believe is true, the belief in Santa Clause originated from a real existing man named St. Nicholas. [1] Santa Clause is not known by a god in any major religions. So children whom believe in Santa Clause don't neccessarily see him as a god, thus is unrelated to theism.

I have given one example on a belief that isn't theism, thus debunking my opponent's original argument. The burden of proof is now on my opponent to explain why belief is the same thing as theism.

sources
http://www.stnicholascenter.org...
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

vi_spex

Pro

no theism is belief that god is real, god does exist

god=information

atheism is belief in god, to the contrary

stories are never true

santa=alien=unicorn=god

you have to be good this year, if you want presents from santa
triangle.128k

Con

My opponent states that theism is a belief in god which I previously had stated in my previous arguments. He however has not explained why theism and belief mean the same thing. He then goes on to saying that god is the same thing as information. And that santa, an alien, a unicorn and god are all the same thing. However, he has not explained any of his arguments or provided evidence. Thus there is nothing much for me to counter-argue.
vi_spex

Pro

information is not a thing, if we cut open a head, and take out the brain, we cant poor the information, mind etc out on the floor, so they are not Things, they are nothing

pick up 0 sodas from the floor

thing=true
god=false
true=now
triangle.128k

Con

My opponent now goes on to stating things that have no relevancy to the topic of belief and theism being the same thing. I do not have anything to argue as he has not attempted to counter-argue my original arguments.
vi_spex

Pro

belief=nothing=not real

i cant believe in reality, and i cant know imagination
triangle.128k

Con

My opponent continues to compare two things as being the same and not providing evidence or proper reasoning for any of their arguments. My opponent has also failed to provide any reasoning or arguments related to the debate topic, which is that belief and theism are in fact the same thing.

Vote Con
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i am.. alien invasion surgical pinpoint microscopic quantum lightning strike
Posted by triangle.128k 2 years ago
triangle.128k
@Discipulus_Didicit Haha, you just figured out vi_spex's way of thinking (or trolling. )
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
only now is true
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
truth=0
Posted by Discipulus_Didicit 2 years ago
Discipulus_Didicit
Coal=BBQ=1=Truth

Boy am I in a wacky mood today.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i think you get coal from science
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
why
Discipulus_Didicit
I think Vi got coal for Christmas every year as a child.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i am santa, what you talking about
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
vi_spextriangle.128kTied
Reasons for voting decision: no clear arguement, con had better conduct in general.