ROCKRIC
TheBlueWizard

black is cursed or white is the great deceiver

ROCKRIC

Pro

Do you believe that the black race is cursed. And if not, is the white race the true deceiver or the beast of all time?
TheBlueWizard

Con

I will be taking the con position in this debate. I will not be taking the position that the "Black Race is cursed" or that the "White Race is the true deceiver of or the beast of all time." Rather I will be taking the stance the neither option is true, and that this debate is inherently malformed. I will present my case, and in it I will address my opponent's statement.

Contention One: A Lack of the Supernatural

For anything to be stated as fact, one must have proof to back it up. To quote Christopher Hitchens,

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
-Christopher Hitchens

The simple fact is that my opponent makes a claim about the supernatural. He speaks of "Curses" and "Beasts of all time" and "True deceivers." All of these terms point to a supernatural sense of cosmic woo. However, there is no evidence to suggest that a supernatural exists. My opponent makes simple claims. Not evidence of those claims even meaning anything.

Contention Two: Unclear Premise and Definitions

Another example of how this argument is malformed is the topic itself. Again, my opponent brings up these "great deceiver", "cursed black race" and "beast of all time" characters, yet he fails to properly state what any of that actually means. Is it a biblical reference? Is it Hindu? Islamic? Occult? How does any of that translate into racial references? How does any of that refer to the these particular references? Were there prophecies you were basing this on? Is so, what were they? What reason do you have to think the prophecies are valid? From what culture did these terms arise?

What we have from my opponent's statement is more questions, not anything to go off of. We can plainly see this is a failure to properly debate.

Contention Three: A False Dichotomy

My opponent's arguments and his resolution seem to be at a tad bit of disagreement. The argument offering a bit more choice than the resolution. However, the resolution is what we're here to debate so I'll address that.

The resolution states "black is cursed or white is the great deceiver". The fact of the matter is that these aren't the only two options. This is what is called a false dichotomy. This resolution offers up two choices as if they are the only ones available, however they are not. There is nothing stopping us from saying 'neither' or 'both', or as I'm saying, 'this whole line of questioning is erroneous, fallacious, and nonsensical.'

I await my opponent's rebuttals.
ROCKRIC

Pro

ROCKRIC forfeited this round.
TheBlueWizard

Con

I extend my arguments.
ROCKRIC

Pro

ROCKRIC forfeited this round.
TheBlueWizard

Con

TheBlueWizard forfeited this round.
Posted by grapebucket 2 years ago
grapebucket
Definite racism, I really hope the instigator of this debate is not being serious.
Posted by IcySound 2 years ago
IcySound
Is it just me, or is this debate highly offensive?