DoctaFly
Kleptin

Black people are cool.

DoctaFly

Pro

Black people are cool yo. They are funny, intelligent, good at sports, prideful of their heritage, aspirational, chill and da schizz.

I LOVE black people. And I love it when they beat down crackas. They deserve it.

Who dares to disagree? What say you, whitey?
Kleptin

Con

"Black people are cool yo."

Scientific evidence shows that regardless of race, humans tend to have a body temperature that wavers around 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Celsius. Hence, black people are not much more cool than any other people, unless they happen to be dead, at which point their body temperature becomes room temperature.

This argument also applies towards your assertion that they are "chill".

"They are funny"

Some are, and some aren't. I belie Colin Powell is African American and he does not appear to be a man of good humor.

"intelligent"

Some are, some aren't. Many people in this country are categorized as below average intelligence. This subset of people of course includes members of all races.

"good at sports"

Some are, some aren't. There are quite a few African American people who are very poor at sports. I understand that there is a wheel-chair bound African American man who owns a fruit stand by my subway station who is not very apt at running.

"prideful of their heritage"

Some are, some aren't. There are those who have little to no cultural identity. Another African American man near my subway station who dressed quite messily insists that he was descended from an alien species. I find this an indicator that he is not in tune with his cultural heritage and chooses instead to embrace anoter culture.

"aspirational"

I cannot quite argue with you on this point, but I do not believe African Americans to be more aspirational than other human beings. I aspirate at a rate of once per three seconds on average, but more so if I am exercising.

"da schizz."

I have trouble understanding this, so I will await your clarification.

"I LOVE black people."

Your personal sentiments have little to nothing to do with whether black people have a normal homeostatic temperature below normal.

"And I love it when they beat down crackas. They deserve it."

I have not witnessed a black person beating down crackers, but I do believe they do it in order to prepare some sort of flour or batter for cooking, as crushed crackers are not particularly good unless used in soup or as part of another dish. Whether or not they deserve it is another story.

"Who dares to disagree? What say you, whitey?"

I believe I am the one to disagree, and if you are issuing this challenge to "whitey", you have done so incorrectly. This debate was issued to "first come" and if you want to issue a personal challenge to "whitey", you could have selected that option on starting the debate.

That being said, I will not emphasize that the points you have given in this debate do not satisfy your assertion that the normal body temperatures of African American people are lower than normal.

Since my opponent is the one making the claim, the burden of proof falls on him. However, I have offered by evidence that scientifically, the body temperatures of all human beings, regardless of race, hover around the aforementioned numbers.

I await my opponent's response.
DoctaFly

Pro

ROFLMAO

I must say I found the reply amusing. Well done sir. But for the sake of the debate, I will clarify what you already actually knew:

Black people are COOL, ergo they are hip, culturally relevent, socially attractive, magnetic to other people.

Some black people may not be good at baskeyball, but most ARE indeed. I defy you, sir, to prove that more than half of black people are NOT superb at athletic ability. I ask you sir!

"Chill" of course means relaxed, down to earth, grounded, anti-hyper and neurotic. Again I would challenge you to prove that more than half f black people are nOT chill, via the definitio nI so brilliantly spelled out for you.

Prideful of their heritage. I would argue that your example of the homeless african american man who thinks he is an alien actually IS prideful of his heritage. He believes he comes from outer space, and who is to say definitively that he hasn't? Who is to tell him that he cannot cherish his own heritage, as his reasoned intellect defines it? Aspirational: aspirational does not mean sweating, webster. Look it up and get back to me once you've reframed your response.

Da schizz is somethin cracka azzes wouldn't know the meaning of. Again, look it up. Must I do everything to forward your intellectualism? Lawd.

And they do indeed beat down crackas, and not the saltined kind. More like the salty, farm dwelling, lynch happy human hillbilly kind. As you know.

I am also glad this isn't whitey bulger I am speaking to, but I assume that your skin color is indeed pale and pasty.

In conclusing, I once again state, proudly and with clarion call, that black people are everything above. So sayeth the majority. Harumph! Harumph!
Kleptin

Con

"must say I found the reply amusing. Well done sir. But for the sake of the debate, I will clarify what you already actually knew:

Black people are COOL, ergo they are hip, culturally relevent, socially attractive, magnetic to other people."

The logical structure of this argument implies that since black people have lower body temperatures than normal, they are then hip, culturally "relevent", socially attractive, and magnetic to other people.

This is a type of begging the question fallacy. Do you mean to say that black people are cool BECAUSE of these things, or do you mean to say that because of these things, black people are cool?

"Some black people may not be good at baskeyball, but most ARE indeed. I defy you, sir, to prove that more than half of black people are NOT superb at athletic ability. I ask you sir!"

Burden of proof fallacy. You are the one who makes the claim that black people are good at basketball as an absolute (ALL black people are good at basketball). If you did not intend to do so, you would have used more specific terminology. Thus, you have conceded the point that not ALL black people are good at basketball, which weakens your overall argument.

""Chill" of course means relaxed, down to earth, grounded, anti-hyper and neurotic. Again I would challenge you to prove that more than half f black people are nOT chill, via the definitio nI so brilliantly spelled out for you."

Also a burden of proof fallacy. The declaration that dogs are animals implies logically that the statement means "All dogs are animals". Thus, your statement that black people are chill implies your thesis to be that all black people are chill. I know quite a few people who are tense, driven, irrational, etc. And one or two are of course, African American. This once again invalidates your point that all black people are "chill".

"Prideful of their heritage. I would argue that your example of the homeless african american man who thinks he is an alien actually IS prideful of his heritage. He believes he comes from outer space, and who is to say definitively that he hasn't? Who is to tell him that he cannot cherish his own heritage, as his reasoned intellect defines it?"

In either situation, your argument is not strengthened. If he were an alien, then he would not be an accurate example of an African American. He would just be an alien with dark skin. Spanish bulls have dark skin, but we do not refer to them as African Americans, therefore, the alien has no bearing on this conversation. I will then reference many of the African American people who have been viewed as "sell-outs" by members of their own race. Or perhaps, the many teens who have absolutely no connection to their motherland, culture, history, or roots.

"Aspirational: aspirational does not mean sweating, webster. Look it up and get back to me once you've reframed your response."

Straw man fallacy. You wrongfully assume that I define "aspirational" as sweating. The act of sweating is "perspiration". I gave the example that I "aspire" once every three seconds. To "aspire" is to draw in air, a synonym would be "inhale".

You have yet to respond to this point. Why would you claim the act of inhaling gas as a particularly special trait of African American people?

"Da schizz is somethin cracka azzes wouldn't know the meaning of. Again, look it up. Must I do everything to forward your intellectualism? Lawd."

This does not support your point. You maintain that African Americans are "Da Shizz". Hence, by substitution, African Americans are something that "cracka azzes wouldn't know the meaning of". It seems to me that not being able to be understood is a NEGATIVE trait, not a POSITIVE one.

"And they do indeed beat down crackas, and not the saltined kind. More like the salty, farm dwelling, lynch happy human hillbilly kind. As you know."

Please do not make assumptions on what I know and what I do not know. Crackers are not living organisms, so they cannot dwell on farms. In addition, since crackers are not living organisms, they are not human since they do not contain any DNA matches to the human genome.

"I am also glad this isn't whitey bulger I am speaking to, but I assume that your skin color is indeed pale and pasty."

Ad hominem fallacy. My personal characteristics have nothing to do with this debate, the validity of my arguments, or my position.

"In conclusing, I once again state, proudly and with clarion call, that black people are everything above."

African American people are most certainly not everything above and I implore you to provide proof of this statement. Clouds are above, as are flying birds, airplanes on their route, helicopters as well. Certain ceilings may be above, as is the sky and the ozone layer. I doubt you can prove that "black" people are identical to these things so I refute your argument that they are everything above.

"So sayeth the majority. Harumph! Harumph!"

Argumentum ad populum fallacy. Majority does not dictate truth.

**********

My opponent has made several off topic points here and hinges his argument confusion and strange language. However, do not be distracted. He has not as of yet made any sort of arguing pertaining to the issue, which is to say that black people are "cool", meaning, they have a body temperature that is lower than normal.

I however, have offered rebuttals and arguments that human body temperature is nearly constant regardless of race.

I await my opponent's response.
DoctaFly

Pro

DoctaFly forfeited this round.
Kleptin

Con

My opponent has forfeited his last chance to win this debate. His entire argument is based on listing all of these characteristics as to why "black people" are cool.

I am absolutely positive that this claim has no foundation because human biology and standard homestatic temperature does not fluctuate massively based simply on race.

My opponent has provided no evidence and the only argument he has about his thesis is this:

"Black people are COOL, ergo they are hip, culturally relevent, socially attractive, magnetic to other people.""

This statement, joined with an "ergo" means

[Black people are COOL,

THEREFORE

They are hip, culturally "relevent", socially attractive, magnetic to other people.]

Ergo means THEREFORE. This means that my opponent is begging the question. The issue being debated is whether or not "black" people are cool. He cannot use this to prove other points.

In essence, my opponent has absolutely no argument and has not responded to my point about scientific consensus that body temperature would not generally be much lower in "black" people than in any other race.

In that case, this debate has been objectively decided in my favor.
Posted by Chuckles 7 years ago
Chuckles
Kleptin, you are now elevated to Hero status in my book.
Joel_Asher: don't bring weed into this! :)
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Why so serious?
Posted by Epicism 8 years ago
Epicism
I would have loved to pick up this debate. I'd make some kind of racist counter argument to his whitey comment (I'm Mexican)

And I'd probably not only reject the resolution but most likely prove why Mexicans are so much "cooler" lol.

Power to Hispanics! (not implying they are better)
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
"Da schizz is somethin cracka azzes wouldn't know the meaning of."

Oh stewardess, I speak jive
Posted by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
Thats becasue they train in such warm conditions
Posted by jam34 8 years ago
jam34
all the people which win long distances running and cross country are African they do much better than the poor atheletes which we put out. africans do well in other sports, just because they don't play football.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
roflmao. To the nth of course.
Posted by DoctaSchiz 9 years ago
DoctaSchiz
black people are, indeed cool. you who say ptherwise are racist douche bags.

harumph! harumph!
Posted by Joel_Asher 9 years ago
Joel_Asher
ironduke that is funny. But anyway, doctafly you suck your stupid you need to clean the crap and media out your brain to have an ounce of open minded thoughts. stop smoking weed or crack whatever your smoking and turn off friday 1-2-or three whichever one your watching and then maybe you will see that asian people are the greatest on the planet. I mean excuse me, asian women are the best. They are far better than those white women with dark skin. Then white women follow. Not the ghetto ones but the chilled ones. I mean one problem with most black people, the are too smart mouthed yet nothing smart comes out of their mouths, they have too big of an attitude problem and as provided they think they are the best, yet they say the world is against them. That is the marijuanna playing with your mind telling you that you want sympathy. (I hope I gave you what you wanted you racist little ****)
Posted by Ironduke 9 years ago
Ironduke
YOur closing argument, doctafly, was incredibly racist, the closing arguement of the intro. "What say you, whitey" I would like to say that if that particular comment was directed at anyone of a minority race, there would be much terror and bloodshed. Well, maybe not bloodshed.

And speaking from experience, most people on the African continent do not view African-Americans as black, but rather as white people with black skin.
Vote Placed by Epicism 8 years ago
Epicism
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by jam34 8 years ago
jam34
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by birdpiercefan3334 9 years ago
birdpiercefan3334
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
DoctaFlyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by cailinalainn 9 years ago
cailinalainn
DoctaFlyKleptinTied