thechronic2014
Wylted

black people are the new racists

Wylted

thechronic2014

Pro

i just want opinions on this
Wylted

Con

Pro thank you for hosting this debate.

Black people are not the new racists. Black people have existed for well over 160,000 years. The first homosapiens appeared in Africa and as they migrated to colder climates pigmentation became lighter. Blacks are therefore likely the first racists to appear. Then Came the Arab racists. Then the Asian racists and finally the white racists. The newest racists to appear on the planet are whites [1].

Ethnocentrism- Judging another culture solely using the value of your own, has existed since mankind has existed. Since black people are the first people on Earth it is likely they Were the first people to use ethnocentrism. [2] Ethnocentrism helped to create group unity and aided in group survival. It is a biproduct of evolution.

I'm done arguing for black people not being new racists, now let's see your arguments for them being new to racism.

[1] http://anthro.palomar.edu...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
thechronic2014

Pro

not really the argument i was looking for but you do make an Excellent point.
Wylted

Con

Pro has not refuted any of my arguments and acknowledges that I make a good point.

I remind everyone that pro has provided no evidence that black people are new at racism.
thechronic2014

Pro

thechronic2014 forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

Thank you pro for hosting this debate. Even though your possibly racist.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Not true. We are different. Stop denying that different ethnic groups ( hence forth referred to as races) exist. To deny the fact that different races exist is absurd. To deny the concept of race you would have to deny seperate cultural influences, easily observable physical traits and different genetic make up.

Its a good thing doctors don't think like you. If they did it would be impossible to figure out a reasonable system to identify risk of certain racially specific disease such as sickle cell anemia.
Posted by KnowledgeNotNonSense 3 years ago
KnowledgeNotNonSense
WOW!!! What an ignorant statement , the first human beings on this planet came from Africa. There is one race, the human race. So why say black, we are all from the same place
Posted by SRiashy 3 years ago
SRiashy
Vote please : http://www.debate.org... (if interested)
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Miss medic apparently doesn't know the definition of racism. It isn't racist to generalize the entire human race as racist.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
I haven't generalized a group of people as racist. I have stated that racism has been around since the dawn of man. I also think its fair to say racism was more prominent before it became politically incorrect. I would go as far as saying racism was probably something damn near everybody participated in before we became civilized. I also still think most people strongly identify with their own race which is ethnocentrism aka racist.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
I meant I call black and white Americans ..... Americans. I was saying that if I need to describe the race of an individual I use words like black or white or yellow or red or brown. Describing the tone of someone's skin should never be offensive despite the fact that white yuppies think it is. Using skin color as a description is significantly less offensive then calling some Jamaican dude in America on vacation an African American. People tend to get mad when you screw up there country of origin.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Being racists is a personal viewpoint, what you have done is generalized an entire group of people as racists. This in fact makes you as a individual a racist. And your both fools.
Posted by toamatt26 3 years ago
toamatt26
"I don't like the term African American either and I refuse to use it. I just call them American"

"White people and americans did ....."

Doesnt say anything about "americans" being black
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Go to opinionated questions...
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
I don't like the term African American either and I refuse to use it. I just call them American. I think the term African American makes a lot of assumptions about someone's ancestral origins just by looking at them. I can use the term black ( though not technically accurate ) to describe someone without jumping to conclusions about their heritage and the use of the term black to describe someone is only offensive to white yuppies.
Vote Placed by Ryuuikari 3 years ago
Ryuuikari
thechronic2014WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave a decent argument whilst Pro did not make any attempt to make one. There is a clear winner here.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 3 years ago
zmikecuber
thechronic2014WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made an argument... Pro didn't. Con used sources. Pro didn't. F/F too.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
thechronic2014WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was entertaining. CON made an excellent point, whereas PRO did not even begin to argue his position. My vote is not a votebomb - args CON, conduct for PRO ff, S&G for bad punctuation, and sources because CON proffered some.
Vote Placed by airmax1227 3 years ago
airmax1227
thechronic2014WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided no arguments in favor of the resolution while Con argued against it well enough in his R1. Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeit in R3.